Food shortages in the UK - Army to step in to keep supplies flowing

We have a labor shortage of truck drivers here in the U.S. too. It's resulting in higher gas prices and some out of stock items at the grocery stores. I went to buy a new car a couple of weeks ago, but instead of being able to leave with one that day I have to wait until September because the one I wanted isn't actually in stock at the dealership yet. It's due a massive backlog from factories being closed for months due to COVID.

You haven't explained what any of this has to do with "right wing madness."
I agree that he hasn't exactly explained it clearly.... but if you have been to Europe and lived with the people it becomes clear.

Truck driving is different there...very different. The routes aren't as cut and dry as they are here in the states. It takes years to get used to a route. And when an entire section of logistics evaporates because of legislation...it doesn't get fixed overnight.

Here in America we have several means to accomplish logistics...and none are really so linchpin that if they evaporated we couldn't find a fix for them even if it was temporary...that doesn't work for the UK.

Think in your mind about a nation of neighborhoods that usually never drives to the supermarket... instead they walk. The roads are not built up the way that American roads are...they certainly are not laid out in any sort of sane fashion. And it requires a specialization to navigate them that is beyond what you think. A driver is not that replaceable. And according to Tommy they all got sent out of country. So the cost of logistics just went up... meaning prices will have to as well before anything can be shipped. It's created a domino effect.

Its getting to be like wartime Britain over here. Shortages in the shops and the army stepping in to ensure vital supplies. A direct result of right wing madness.

Here is a map of Europe showing all the countries that are facing food shortages. The countries affected are coloured in green.

View attachment 517812
Looks like a good thing that you have stored so many calories like you have.

Forum List

Back