Florida to teach "Shakespeare excerpts" to avoid crazy state laws

Everyone was forced to read Shakespeare and no one to this day thinks it was important or relevant unless you want to get a degree in literature.
I genuinely found Prospero’s monologue in The Tempest where he forgives everyone, after decades of obsession on revenge, to be moving

I genuinely found Prospero’s monologue in The Tempest where he forgives everyone, after decades of obsession on revenge, to be moving
I barely remember any of the Shakespeare I had to read.

It just didn't interest me in the least and there were too many other books to read that actually interested me

I barely remember any of the Shakespeare I had to read.

It just didn't interest me in the least and there were too many other books to read that actually interested me
Shakepear is a slog for most people, yeah.

It was for me.

But there’s genuinely powerful moments in there if you stick with it.

The aforementioned Tempest scene. The balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet.

And, performed by a gifted actor, the archaic language becomes easier to understand. After all these years I still vividly recall this World Wonder clip from the game Civilization II featuring an excerpt from Henry V

Does that claim turn you on?
Democrats want the Florida book law repealed and Americans know why.

Democrats pretending to care about shakespeare aren't fooling anybody. Americans know what you are up to and they know why you want to repeal the Florida book ban.

MTG IS RIGHT

Democrats want the Florida book law repealed and Americans know why.

Democrats pretending to care about shakespeare aren't fooling anybody. Americans know what you are up to and they know why you want to repeal the Florida book ban.

MTG IS RIGHT

MTG is one of the dumbest women in the whole South.

Democrats goal is to remove protection for children.

If you arrive at any other conclusion, you are dumb.
Democrats are super-deranged it’s true.

But in the case of that poster, it’s either DKE or trolling; I don’t think he’s advocating harm fo children.

Forum List

Back