Poland 1939 vs Ukraine 2022- Historical Parallel?

Democracies don't have violent revolutions, period.

h really? I can list off a slew of them, starting with both England and the US Colonies. Because I would call not only the English Civil War a violent revolution, they do not call what the US colonies did the "Revolutionary War" peaceful either.

One really has to be careful making statements like that. Especially when those who know history can prove them to be false. You also have the Yellow Revolution, and if I want to think on it can come up with many more. But you should know that simply believing in axioms does not make them real.

Especially since "Democracies" are in general the most unstable for of government there are. Which is why so many of them fail.

h really? I can list off a slew of them, starting with both England and the US Colonies. Because I would call not only the English Civil War a violent revolution, they do not call what the US colonies did the "Revolutionary War" peaceful either.

One really has to be careful making statements like that. Especially when those who know history can prove them to be false. You also have the Yellow Revolution, and if I want to think on it can come up with many more. But you should know that simply believing in axioms does not make them real.

Especially since "Democracies" are in general the most unstable for of government there are. Which is why so many of them fail.
What are you barking about? England was no democracy in the 17th century, when Ukraine became independent it passed for a democracy but when the result went against the Bandera rabble and their western backers the elected Government was overthrown, in a democracy that happens with elections..

England was no democracy in the 17th century

Obviously you do not know your history all that well. Parliament which included the House of Commons has existed since the 14th century. And can be traced back to 1265. Further ratified in the Treaty of Union when Great Britain was created in 1707. Which was the entire basis of the English Civil War which started in 1639, which was because the King was refusing to recognize the right of Parliament. So King Chuck I exited the Game of Thrones a head shorter than he was when he started it.

Who do you think elects the Prime Minister? And has the "right of the purse strings" in the UK? That is the House of Commons, elected from the common people by the common people.

Seems to me you really do not know what a "democracy" is, or a Republic for that matter.

Obviously you do not know your history all that well. Parliament which included the House of Commons has existed since the 14th century. And can be traced back to 1265. Further ratified in the Treaty of Union when Great Britain was created in 1707. Which was the entire basis of the English Civil War which started in 1639, which was because the King was refusing to recognize the right of Parliament. So King Chuck I exited the Game of Thrones a head shorter than he was when he started it.

Who do you think elects the Prime Minister? And has the "right of the purse strings" in the UK? That is the House of Commons, elected from the common people by the common people.

Seems to me you really do not know what a "democracy" is, or a Republic for that matter.
In the 17th century the parliament was not elected by the common people, only about 2% of the population had a vote, as for the prime Minister no one elects him or her they are appointed by the Governing Party, Sunak became prime minister after he won the Tory party leadership, same with that stupid Woman Liz Blundertruss, democracy my arse.

Forum List

Back