Ex-federal judge and prominent conservative: ‘There is no Republican Party"

The5thHorseman

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2022
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/poli...nservative-judge-republicans-cnntv/index.html

WashingtonCNN —
J. Michael Luttig, a conservative retired federal judge and key adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, declared on Wednesday that “there is no Republican Party” and said former President Donald Trump is even more dangerous than he was in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

“American democracy simply cannot function without two equally healthy and equally strong political parties. So today, in my view, there is no Republican Party to counter the Democratic Party in the country,” Luttig, who advised Pence on how to handle the January 6, 2021, election certification vote, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow on “CNN This Morning.” “And for that reason, American democracy is in grave peril.”

Luttig, who holds bona fide conservative credentials with longstanding ties to the Supreme Court, has become increasingly outspoken in sharing his criticisms of the GOP, calling the party “spineless” in June over its continued support of Trump.

Why I turned my back.....in 1980.

To cover for the Trail of Misery that is the record of Supply Side economic policy (see A Handy Source of Fiscal Data, or "How Their Naked Ears Were Tortured By The Horseman's Ruthless Cipherin"), the betting is even heavier that calling their opponents "groomers" (apparently "liberal" and "soshulist" have lost their sting), rather than offering constructive policy, is a winning strategy..

who keeps buying it?

Parties are designed to follow the Will of the people. If there are better alternatives with better policies they will rise to the ocassion and win the nomination, right? Everyone knows that he took many of the same voters who voted for Obama, but people fool themselves.

Last edited:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/poli...nservative-judge-republicans-cnntv/index.html

WashingtonCNN —
J. Michael Luttig, a conservative retired federal judge and key adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, declared on Wednesday that “there is no Republican Party” and said former President Donald Trump is even more dangerous than he was in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

“American democracy simply cannot function without two equally healthy and equally strong political parties. So today, in my view, there is no Republican Party to counter the Democratic Party in the country,” Luttig, who advised Pence on how to handle the January 6, 2021, election certification vote, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow on “CNN This Morning.” “And for that reason, American democracy is in grave peril.”

Luttig, who holds bona fide conservative credentials with longstanding ties to the Supreme Court, has become increasingly outspoken in sharing his criticisms of the GOP, calling the party “spineless” in June over its continued support of Trump.

Why I turned my back.....in 1980.

To cover for the Trail of Misery that is the record of Supply Side economic policy (see A Handy Source of Fiscal Data, or "How Their Naked Ears Were Tortured By The Horseman's Ruthless Cipherin"), the betting is even heavier that calling their opponents "groomers" (apparently "liberal" and "soshulist" have lost their sting), rather than offering constructive policy, is a winning strategy..

who keeps buying it?
The most uniting element within the GOP is hatred of Americans

Yeah, the duopoly has really been good so far, right?
Dumbass

It's not a duopoly. It is a political class that pretends to be from one party, or the other.

They are ultimately ONE party, and they have declared war on the American people.

It's not a duopoly. It is a political class that pretends to be from one party, or the other.

They are ultimately ONE party, and they have declared war on the American people.
I certainly wont argue with that! lol

According the WaPo - "one of the most celebrated legal minds of his generation"

LOL!

Forum List

Back