Florida GOP........"We didn't mean for the current illegals to leave".

Why does the solution MUST involve ILLEGAL immigrants and open borders? As a conservative, I have been pushing expediting paths to citizenship and more flexible work visa programs while remaining adamant on enforcing immigration laws and securing the border.
I’m for that too. But we start with amnesty because throwing everyone out and starting over is way too disruptive to the system.

The reason no one wants to be an agricultural worker for the most part is because of the complete lack of Basic humane conditions. The workers literally live in rundown houses That can't pass the legal requirements for being considered a residence on many farms. And are regularly sprayed with toxic pesticides.
Many rich countries have immigrants doing the jobs they won't....

If you want Americans to do it you have to pay them a living wage with proper conditions...

It can be done. Countries have done it...

In Europe, legal workers milk cows, before it was young farmers or ex Polish farmhands... In US Mexicans do a lot of it...
Since COVID farmers found it very hard and more expensive to get this type of labour, the Polish went home and Ukrainians got caught in a war.
So they investing in robots to milk cows to drastically reduce the work required...

So if they want US Citizens picking fruit, then expect to pay them a living wage, then expect a large increase on food and services... This will also increase inflation and reduce US competitiveness.. Countries do well economically when they can have a pseudo slave class to prop up their economy.

Many rich countries have immigrants doing the jobs they won't....

If you want Americans to do it you have to pay them a living wage with proper conditions...

It can be done. Countries have done it...

In Europe, legal workers milk cows, before it was young farmers or ex Polish farmhands... In US Mexicans do a lot of it...
Since COVID farmers found it very hard and more expensive to get this type of labour, the Polish went home and Ukrainians got caught in a war.
So they investing in robots to milk cows to drastically reduce the work required...

So if they want US Citizens picking fruit, then expect to pay them a living wage, then expect a large increase on food and services... This will also increase inflation and reduce US competitiveness.. Countries do well economically when they can have a pseudo slave class to prop up their economy.

"well" only applies to those at the top in your scenario.

Why does the solution MUST involve ILLEGAL immigrants and open borders? As a conservative, I have been pushing expediting paths to citizenship and more flexible work visa programs while remaining adamant on enforcing immigration laws and securing the border.
Problem is that GOP has continued to restrict work visas...

GOP policy actually keeps Mexicans from going home as getting back into US is too expensive and dangerous. A lot of Mexicans wouldn't mind coming to US for the season and go home afterwards... GOP complain they are taking the money home...

"well" only applies to those at the top in your scenario.
Agree... It can't be done in vast majority of other industries... I was just showing how the economics apply...

Europe does invest more and better labour saving devices due to these economic issues..

Any city that thinks they will not be getting illegals, consideting the millions Biden is bringing in, is delusional.

I live in a relatively small town and just in the last 2 months we now have languages and accents to include southern, yankee, Latino / South American, Asian, Indian, and Middle Eastern.

Special note to all the 'Sanctuary Cities' upset they are actually getting illegals coming in:

Cry me a f*in' river.

How does the GOP do this under a (D) administration?

Democrats didn't have the votes... They were close but they didn't have a 100%...

GOP would offer 0% support...

This is the problem... McCarthy's Debt Ceiling needed a few Democrats too..

Democrats didn't have the votes... They were close but they didn't have a 100%...

GOP would offer 0% support...

This is the problem... McCarthy's Debt Ceiling needed a few Democrats too..

The process is already in place. It's been used for years. What stops the (D)'s from expanding it?

Any city that thinks they will not be getting illegals, consideting the millions Biden is bringing in, is delusional.

I live in a relatively small town and just in the last 2 months we now have languages and accents to include southern, yankee, Latino / South American, Asian, Indian, and Middle Eastern.

Special note to all the 'Sanctuary Cities' upset they are actually getting illegals coming in:

Cry me a f*in' river.
So you don't like foreigners...

They could be tourists... US could be offering tourist tours where we point and laugh at the bigots in the natural habitat.

I have said for years that the illegals do work no one else wants to do. Or are capable of doing.

In Florida it is not just the farmers who will be in trouble if all the illegals leave. The underground utility construction industry would be unable to continue without hispanic labor. Americans will not work digging holes or trenches with a shovel from 7am until 6pm in the heat. Sand is not hard to dig. But it is heavy, especially when wet.

The thing is if we treated workers better we wouldn't need any illegals at all. Hiring illegals is just a work around to a problem no one wants to solve. Its a way to avoid taking care of workers.

Everyone wants everything cheaper, faster, harder, more for less. So they don't pay that well, cut benefits, do less for employees, dehumanize workers, demand more with less and so on.

Where I work now we have turn over now we never had before and people are less happy at work.

Used to we never take applications really because people fought to work here, someone always knew someone that would love to work here. It's a factory but no one ever left except to retire. We had bowling leagues here, had company outings, annual raises, a bonus if we exceeded our goals, a pension, good insurance plans, good vacations and so on. We had fun and we got our work done and everyone was dedicated to their job because it gave us everything we had

Now with new owners we have no retirement, no outings, no bonuses, they demand more and more and more so people get overwhelmed and don't enjoy their jobs, they cut back and so on.

If employers treat their employees like they are valuable then the employees will gladly do anything even dig a ditch.

So now companies want to give employees nothing and just hire illegals because they will break their backs for nothing.

LOL, they only wanted to tell new illegals to not come, they didn't expect those already there to leave? LOL

I don't understand........was there an expectation that the law would never be enforced?

How do those there stay if the law is enforced?

A Florida GOP lawmaker said the anti-immigration law he backed was supposed to tell new immigrants to "stay out."

now migrant families are fleeing the state, and it's a "big problem" for farmers and tourism, Rep. Rick Roth said.

Videos shared on Twitter showed Roth and other GOP lawmakers urging people to convince migrants to stay.

Florida GOP lawmaker says the anti-immigration law he backed is causing a 'major problem' as migrant families are leaving the state
I read this the other day. In our area local area TV station they interviewed someone who deliver's to construction sites around a close by county and he said many are beginning to leave the area.

Down the street from me hispanics had been working laying out new house construction a couple weeks ago and they have suddenly disappeared.

If we have a hurricane this summer most people will be fucked. Hispanics has put my area back together a few times in the past 30 years.

I have said for years that the illegals do work no one else wants to do. Or are capable of doing.

In Florida it is not just the farmers who will be in trouble if all the illegals leave. The underground utility construction industry would be unable to continue without hispanic labor. Americans will not work digging holes or trenches with a shovel from 7am until 6pm in the heat. Sand is not hard to dig. But it is heavy, especially when wet.
There is a solution for tje laziness of Americans and its called welfare reform combined with higher wages

If government pays people not to work thats what they will do - not work

End all government subsidies for able bodied adults

Then hunger will do the rest

LOL, they only wanted to tell new illegals to not come, they didn't expect those already there to leave? LOL

I don't understand........was there an expectation that the law would never be enforced?

How do those there stay if the law is enforced?

A Florida GOP lawmaker said the anti-immigration law he backed was supposed to tell new immigrants to "stay out."

now migrant families are fleeing the state, and it's a "big problem" for farmers and tourism, Rep. Rick Roth said.

Videos shared on Twitter showed Roth and other GOP lawmakers urging people to convince migrants to stay.

Florida GOP lawmaker says the anti-immigration law he backed is causing a 'major problem' as migrant families are leaving the state
Trust me, all of us Floridians want all the goddamn Illegals to leave.

If anybody says otherwise it is fake news.

Trust me, all of us Floridians want all the goddamn Illegals to leave.

If anybody says otherwise it is fake news.

No, if that was the case these politicians wouldn't be apologizing for the law.

No, if that was the case these politicians wouldn't be apologizing for the law.
politicians bend with the wind

We need a program for guest workers that allows unaccompanied men to have temporary visas to do farm work

The reason no one wants to be an agricultural worker for the most part is because of the complete lack of Basic humane conditions. The workers literally live in rundown houses That can't pass the legal requirements for being considered a residence on many farms. And are regularly sprayed with toxic pesticides.
That was my point.

The left supports workers rights until it comes down to illegal workers, then suddenly we start talking about the costs associated with addressing the problem.

You are taking a left wing stance. I posted the OP and yes I was condemning the hypocrisy of the politicians noted. The same thing you did. It should always be called out.
No, I am not. I am pointing out the hypocrisy in the OP in the schadenfreude on this issue. That is not a 'left wing' stance.

Forum List

Back