Florida GOP........"We didn't mean for the current illegals to leave".

Oh no, companies are upset they cannot hire people for wages and working conditions that are illegal....

And I am supposed to care why? Why does the left find this a bad thing?

The left? Did you not read the article? GOP legislators are finding it a bad thing.

Oh no, companies are upset they cannot hire people for wages and working conditions that are illegal....

And I am supposed to care why? Why does the left find this a bad thing?

Yes, some pay them little and the working conditions are dangerous. But not always. The workers on the Verizon project (contractors and subcontractors) were paid decently and the job sites were up to OSHA standards.

Try hiring Americans to do that labor now. The company I worked for got tired of the hassles, so we put an ad in the paper for laborers for the fiber project.

We gave out over 100 applications. When they found out it was digging with a shovel, half of them took the application and left. We got less than 50 back. We hired 35 guys over a period of months. 9 of them worked a whole week. At the end, we had 3 American workers who stuck with it.
When I was 19 or 20 (late 70s), I took a job for a cable TV company digging trenches in Phoenix, AZ for around $10.00 per hour. But that was back when it was an honor to work for a living. Our liberal government has made it almost more lucrative to live off of free handouts, and the public schools are busy teaching boys how to wear lipstick instead of teaching them a trade.

America had millions of hardworking laborers before being invaded from the south. In fact, America's most prosperous years were before the invasion.
They had 70%+ top tax band then too...

US has generally relied on immigrants to do agricultural work. Problem is that the GOP has made laws to keep them in the country.

US has generally relied on immigrants to do agricultural work. Problem is that the GOP has made laws to keep them in the country.
With modern technology, America's dependence on invaders doing agricultural labor has diminished. Current law rewards criminal invasion. That needs to change.

When I was 19 or 20 (late 70s), I took a job for a cable TV company digging trenches in Phoenix, AZ for around $10.00 per hour. But that was back when it was an honor to work for a living. Our liberal government has made it almost more lucrative to live off of free handouts, and the public schools are busy teaching boys how to wear lipstick instead of teaching them a trade.

The loss of the trade schools and Vocational training is huge.

I worked as a laborer for a construction company in my teens. And as a land surveyor in my 20s.

But Americans don't want to do that work now.

LOL, they only wanted to tell new illegals to not come, they didn't expect those already there to leave? LOL

I don't understand........was there an expectation that the law would never be enforced?

How do those there stay if the law is enforced?

A Florida GOP lawmaker said the anti-immigration law he backed was supposed to tell new immigrants to "stay out."

now migrant families are fleeing the state, and it's a "big problem" for farmers and tourism, Rep. Rick Roth said.

Videos shared on Twitter showed Roth and other GOP lawmakers urging people to convince migrants to stay.

Florida GOP lawmaker says the anti-immigration law he backed is causing a 'major problem' as migrant families are leaving the state
So Florida is now realizing that they NEED those immigrants?

So Florida is now realizing that they NEED those immigrants?

Well at the very least they don't want to deal with the ramifications of them not being there. But in reality, yeah, they need them.

Conservatives don’t want to admit that the economy depends on illegal immigrants and if they were to actually crack down on them the economy would crater and inflation would skyrocket.

Just in case you guys were wondering why the GOP seems like they don’t actually address illegal immigration.

Doing so would:
Drop GDP
Raise inflation
Take away a wedge issue during elections.

One person of a group Progs support exterminated 50 people and sent another 50 people to a hospital in a gay club. The globalists of course turned them into victims and heroes.
You are delusional.

True. You live off of it to.

Not that many decades. It used to be school kids and black people.

Ofc illegals work for less money.
Black unemployment is very low.

Illegals should be made legal so they can enjoy the benefits of labor protection laws.

Forum List

Back