Florida GOP........"We didn't mean for the current illegals to leave".

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
LOL, they only wanted to tell new illegals to not come, they didn't expect those already there to leave? LOL

I don't understand........was there an expectation that the law would never be enforced?

How do those there stay if the law is enforced?

A Florida GOP lawmaker said the anti-immigration law he backed was supposed to tell new immigrants to "stay out."

now migrant families are fleeing the state, and it's a "big problem" for farmers and tourism, Rep. Rick Roth said.

Videos shared on Twitter showed Roth and other GOP lawmakers urging people to convince migrants to stay.

Florida GOP lawmaker says the anti-immigration law he backed is causing a 'major problem' as migrant families are leaving the state

s-l640.jpg

LOL!!!!!! Good going, Meatball Ron!
4i6Ckte.gif

Florida Republicans Admit They Made a Big Mistake With Anti-Immigrant Law

Republicans are trying to convince immigrants that the law was just to “scare” people, nothing more.

Florida Republicans passed a bill criminalizing the transport of undocumented people into Florida, requiring hospitals to ask about immigration status on intake forms, invalidating out of state driver’s licenses or other forms of government ID issued to undocumented people, and preventing local governments from issuing identification cards to undocumented people.

Now, after sparking backlash among thousands of immigrants (who make up a great deal of Florida’s economy), some Florida Republicans are trying to backpedal and do damage control.
On Monday, Representatives Alina Garcia, Rick Roth, and Juan Fernandez Barquin appeared at an event sponsored by Hialeah Mayor Esteban Bovo, also a Republican. The trio, all of whom voted to pass the anti-immigrant bill, clumsily attempted to appeal to the thousands of people their party has alienated.

“This bill is 100 percent supposed to scare you,” said Roth. “I’m a farmer, and the farmers are mad as hell. We are losing employees. They’re already starting to move to Georgia and other states. It’s urgent that you talk to all your people and convince them that you have resources, state representatives, and other people that can explain the bill to you,” he added, essentially begging Florida’s labor force to not leave the state that cares little for them.

“This is more of a political bill than it is policy. It does give more police state powers going forward to deal with immigration, but still this is mainly a political bill,” Roth concluded incoherently. It’s just politics and messaging, but also it ramps up the police state, but also it’s just all politics. OK.

“We had the best president in my life, the last 30 years, and I’m still supporting Donald Trump,” Roth continued. “I love my governor. He’s the greatest governor,” he said of Ron DeSantis, who led the charge to pass a bill stigmatizing and targeting the some 772,000 undocumented workers, students, and community members in Florida.

“I really didn’t prepare anything,” Garcia said while beginning her remarks, adding that she agreed with everything Roth said. “This is a bill basically to scare people from coming to the state of Florida, and I think it’s done its purpose.”

The pleading by Republicans who are reaping what they sowed comes after Latin American truck drivers began rallying behind calls to strike and not enter Florida, while thousands of workers and families have marched across the state protesting the bill and threatening to leave the state.

LOL, they only wanted to tell new illegals to not come, they didn't expect those already there to leave? LOL

I don't understand........was there an expectation that the law would never be enforced?

A Florida GOP lawmaker said the anti-immigration law he backed was supposed to tell new immigrants to "stay out."

now migrant families are fleeing the state, and it's a "big problem" for farmers and tourism, Rep. Rick Roth said.

Videos shared on Twitter showed Roth and other GOP lawmakers urging people to convince migrants to stay.

Florida GOP lawmaker says the anti-immigration law he backed is causing a 'major problem' as migrant families are leaving the state
Amazing all the problems that start occurring when you shuttle in 5000 unknown illegal foreign nationals every goddam day and send them all over the country. Newsome poops his panties over a few busloads from Florida and ignores the thousands coming in through the NGO networks.

Amazing all the problems that start occurring when you shuttle in 5000 unknown illegal foreign nationals every goddam day and send them all over the country. Newsome poops his panties over a few busloads from Florida and ignores the thousands coming in through the NGO networks.

Illegals have been working in Florida for decades. This has nothing to do with Newsome.

Awesome. If that's all it takes to kick the illegal invaders out of your State, then every State needs to follow Florida's example. Don't apologize for upholding the law, and don't apologize for ushering the invaders out of the land.

Awesome. If that's all it takes to kick the illegal invaders out of your State, then every State needs to follow Florida's example. Don't apologize for upholding the law, and don't apologize for ushering the invaders out of the land.

But these GOP legislators are apologizing.

I have said for years that the illegals do work no one else wants to do. Or are capable of doing.

In Florida it is not just the farmers who will be in trouble if all the illegals leave. The underground utility construction industry would be unable to continue without hispanic labor. Americans will not work digging holes or trenches with a shovel from 7am until 6pm in the heat. Sand is not hard to dig. But it is heavy, especially when wet.

I guess we don't apologize to the farmers and other industries that reply on hard working laborers?

I guess we don't apologize to the farmers and other industries that reply on hard working laborers?
America had millions of hardworking laborers before being invaded from the south. In fact, America's most prosperous years were before the invasion.

But those people get a legal wage and are covered by employment laws and that isn't what the employers want.

When I worked in Florida on a big Verizon fiber optic project, we had a lot of hispanic crews working for our subcontractors. The ones I talked to about it were paying them between $500 and $750 a week, plus providing lodgings and food. That is between $26k and $39k a year, plus covering lodings and food.

Deflection from another GOP fuck up...

You got nothing else so you are just pointing fingers..

When I worked in Florida on a big Verizon fiber optic project, we had a lot of hispanic crews working for our subcontractors. The ones I talked to about it were paying them between $500 and $750 a week, plus providing lodgings and food. That is between $26k and $39k a year, plus covering lodings and food.
Wages that could have gone to Americans.

America had millions of hardworking laborers before being invaded from the south. In fact, America's most prosperous years were before the invasion.

Try hiring Americans to do that labor now. The company I worked for got tired of the hassles, so we put an ad in the paper for laborers for the fiber project.

We gave out over 100 applications. When they found out it was digging with a shovel, half of them took the application and left. We got less than 50 back. We hired 35 guys over a period of months. 9 of them worked a whole week. At the end, we had 3 American workers who stuck with it.

Just because one is Hispanic doesn't mean you are here illegally.

Forum List

Back