Florida GOP........"We didn't mean for the current illegals to leave".

I guess we don't apologize to the farmers and other industries that reply on hard working laborers?
I guess they should pay something fair to where it would attract people from their home country.

Black unemployment is very low.

Illegals should be made legal so they can enjoy the benefits of labor protection laws.
Fuck That.

When I was 19 or 20 (late 70s), I took a job for a cable TV company digging trenches in Phoenix, AZ for around $10.00 per hour. But that was back when it was an honor to work for a living. Our liberal government has made it almost more lucrative to live off of free handouts, and the public schools are busy teaching boys how to wear lipstick instead of teaching them.
I started mowing yards when I was 9. Today, you can't find any US citizens who will build houses, manual labor, landscape, planting crops etc. Its sad but its where we are. I can tell you this, some of the work they do with the rocks, limestone, bricks is the best.

I started mowing yards when I was 9. Today, you can't find any US citizens who will build houses, manual labor, landscape, planting crops etc. Its sad but its where we are. I can tell you this, some of the work they do with the rocks, limestone, bricks is the best.
I'm not saying that Mexicans can't be good workers. But why aren't they Making Mexico Great Again instead of illegally coming over America's borders taking American jobs by undercutting wages. I don't believe it's entirely their fault, though. Cheapskate companies have given them a strong incentive to come here, and America's politicians have opened the path.

I'm not saying that Mexicans can't be good workers. But why aren't they Making Mexico Great Again instead of illegally coming over America's borders taking American jobs by undercutting wages. I don't believe it's entirely their fault, though. Cheapskate companies have given them a strong incentive to come here, and America's politicians have opened the path.

Oh I know. I don't blame them for trying to better their lives. I do blame our corporations and politicians for ignoring and not enforcing immigration laws.

I have said for years that the illegals do work no one else wants to do. Or are capable of doing.
Then you have been wrong for years.

Illegals do work that no one wants to do because the pay and conditions are flatly illegal as well. Make those positions follow labor law with proper pay and you will see no problem filling positions.

But then wealthy white yuppies would have to actually pay what it costs for their produce. How terrible.

Yes, some pay them little and the working conditions are dangerous. But not always. The workers on the Verizon project (contractors and subcontractors) were paid decently and the job sites were up to OSHA standards.
And you assume that you cannot find US workers to fill those positions? I would challenge that assertion. The OP, and the article, are focusing on farm jobs and the like as those are the ones where they cannot find Americans to fill the positions. Mostly because the working conditions and pay are nuts. There was a LOT of illegal workers in my old field, construction, as well and was for the exact same reason. We followed OSHA but the job was fucking tough and grueling. There were plenty of Americans that were willing to fill those positions but not that many that were willing to do so for 16 hours a day with the pay offered.

Then you have been wrong for years.

Illegals do work that no one wants to do because the pay and conditions are flatly illegal as well. Make those positions follow labor law with proper pay and you will see no problem filling positions.

But then wealthy white yuppies would have to actually pay what it costs for their produce. How terrible.

The subcontractors we used in Florida paid well enough. And the jobs were always OSHA compliant. I know because I was the Safety Director for the company then.

And you assume that you cannot find US workers to fill those positions? I would challenge that assertion. The OP, and the article, are focusing on farm jobs and the like as those are the ones where they cannot find Americans to fill the positions. Mostly because the working conditions and pay are nuts. There was a LOT of illegal workers in my old field, construction, as well and was for the exact same reason. We followed OSHA but the job was fucking tough and grueling. There were plenty of Americans that were willing to fill those positions but not that many that were willing to do so for 16 hours a day with the pay offered.

We did try hiring Americans. Very, very few were willing to use a shovel to dig holes for 10 to 12 hours a day. The standard starting pay that the subs paid was $500 a week. And they took care of the lodgings and some of the food costs.

I think it was the work, not the money, that the Americans didn't want. Using a shovel for 10 hours a day is not a job I'd want.

The subcontractors we used in Florida paid well enough. And the jobs were always OSHA compliant. I know because I was the Safety Director for the company then.
That's nice.

Again, I contend that the assertion finding US workers is not possible in these situation is fallacious. You can go on and on about whatever anecdotal example you want but you will never see a fact that substantiates your conclusion about those examples.

This works fine everywhere in the world in every type of economy. These jobs are not unique or special, they work under all the same economic realities that all other commodities are subject to.

That's nice.

Again, I contend that the assertion finding US workers is not possible in these situation is fallacious. You can go on and on about whatever anecdotal example you want but you will never see a fact that substantiates your conclusion about those examples.

This works fine everywhere in the world in every type of economy. These jobs are not unique or special, they work under all the same economic realities that all other commodities are subject to.

The jobs, for the most part, suck.

The jobs, for the most part, suck.
Again, that's nice. A lot of jobs suck. For some reason there are almost no illegal workers laying bricks in Michigan. There are almost no US citizens laying bricks in southern CA.

And the job sucks a LOT more in Michigan. I wonder why that is?

Perhaps it is because labor follows ALL the same economic realities that other commodities also operate under.

EOfoJH4WoAAeM-K.jpg

Finally the republicans come out and showed that they are clearly hypocrites illegal immigration. They clearly want to use and exploit evil immigrantants as laborers. They simply want to spit on them and Condemned them for being in the country at the same time.

Again, that's nice. A lot of jobs suck. For some reason there are almost no illegal workers laying bricks in Michigan. There are almost no US citizens laying bricks in southern CA.

And the job sucks a LOT more in Michigan. I wonder why that is?

Perhaps it is because labor follows ALL the same economic realities that other commodities also operate under.
The reason no one wants to be an agricultural worker for the most part is because of the complete lack of Basic humane conditions. The workers literally live in rundown houses That can't pass the legal requirements for being considered a residence on many farms. And are regularly sprayed with toxic pesticides.

The OP is specifically taking left wing stance.

The right is just being hypocritical on its face. Fuck them.

You are taking a left wing stance. I posted the OP and yes I was condemning the hypocrisy of the politicians noted. The same thing you did. It should always be called out.

Conservatives don’t want to admit that the economy depends on illegal immigrants and if they were to actually crack down on them the economy would crater and inflation would skyrocket.

Just in case you guys were wondering why the GOP seems like they don’t actually address illegal immigration.

Doing so would:
Drop GDP
Raise inflation
Take away a wedge issue during elections.
Why does the solution MUST involve ILLEGAL immigrants and open borders? As a conservative, I have been pushing expediting paths to citizenship and more flexible work visa programs while remaining adamant on enforcing immigration laws and securing the border.

Pay more and add in paid vacation and benefits and there will be zero difficulty finding workers. Hard work shouldn't be done for low wages,ever.

Forum List

Back