Remember when Obama wanted to mint a $1 TRILLION coin to pay off the debt?

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
This is Democrat economics on display, Folks.

"There was this theory that I had the authority to issue through the mint this massive $1 trillion coin and on that basis we could try to pay off US Treasurys," Obama said. "It was a very realistic possibility that we couldn't get the votes for that and we couldn't get those debts rolled over and we would be in a situation where were technically in default. At that point you were in uncharted territory."

Most of our debt is held by the FEDERAL RESERVE (a private corporation).

The US TREASURY mints coins.

This would shift the debt burden from the FED to the US Treasury (the American taxpayer).

A president can't create money. Even the low IQ democrats should know that.
The 14th amendment doesn't work either.
All the president can do is prioritize payments with the income the Treasury has w/o borrowing.
Interest on the Debt gets paid first, the others can get partial payments until the Debt Limit is raised.
That's what happens when a balanced budget isn't passed.

"There was this theory that I had the authority to issue through the mint this massive $1 trillion coin and on that basis we could try to pay off US Treasurys," Obama said. "It was a very realistic possibility that we couldn't get the votes for that and we couldn't get those debts rolled over and we would be in a situation where were technically in default. At that point you were in uncharted territory."

B. Hussein O was just watching the Simpsons to come up with that idea.

MV5BZTg1N2EzZTgtMDY3ZC00OTBhLTlkNTAtZDUwYWZmNDRlMzI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcwMzEzMTU@._V1_.jpg

Most of our debt is held by the FEDERAL RESERVE (a private corporation).

The US TREASURY mints coins.

This would shift the debt burden from the FED to the US Treasury (the American taxpayer).

The Fed, a part of the US Treasury, currently holds less than $5.2 trillion in US treasuries.

Nope. Don't remember Obama proposing to mint a $1 TRILLION coin. From your own link: [Obama] "There were all kinds of wacky ideas about how potentially you could have this massive coin."

Do you have any other link or is it one of those right-wing fantasies that you retards dream up?

Nope. Don't remember Obama proposing to mint a $1 TRILLION coin. From your own link: [Obama] "There were all kinds of wacky ideas about how potentially you could have this massive coin."

Do you have any other link or is it one of those right-wing fantasies that you retards dream up?

Since when was an idea being whacky prevent Barry’s support, Simp?

Obamacare?
Fast and Furious?
Hiring Hitlery?
Hiring John Kerry?
Hiring Eric Holder?

I could go on…..and on…..

Since when was an idea being whacky prevent Barry’s support, Simp?

Obamacare?
Fast and Furious?
Hiring Hitlery?
Hiring John Kerry?
Hiring Eric Holder?

I could go on…..and on…..
In other words, in answer to my question... Do you have any other link or is it one of those right-wing fantasies that you retards dream up?

Your answer is that it is a right-wing fantasy dreamt up by right-wing retards like yourself?

Yup, that's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation. :itsok:

In other words, in answer to my question... Do you have any other link or is it one of those right-wing fantasies that you retards dream up?

Your answer is that it is a right-wing fantasy dreamt up by right-wing retards like yourself?

Yup, that's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation. :itsok:
Weird how you have miserably failed to bring ANYTHING proving anything in my OP incorrect.

Par for the course for you, Zippy.

It was easier to just roll over the proto-terrorists of the GOP and force them to submit

No, but we'll remember how your thread flamed out bigly, Beavis.

Maybe start a thread advising Trump not to go anywhere without his toothbrush? :abgg2q.jpg:

Obama has always been a dishonest, racist, power mongering, poor reasoning, low intelligence, radical renegade. He's useless to our country and he's not about to change either. Worst President ever.

I always saw Obama as someone with no respect at all for the regular John Q. Twelvepacks that made this country great. The way he referred to his fellow citizens as "bitter clingers" was over the top and showed what an entitled piece of shit he always was.

Forum List

Back