Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

21 pages over a fluff Disney movie. Talk about triggered and needing a safe space.

Coming Soon: The NBA Story! Starring Jackie Chan as Michael Jordan, Rosie O'Donnell as Wilt Chamberlain and special appearance by Dylan Mulvaney as Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Coming soon to a theater near you!

Are you telling me that a man can identify as a woman, but not as a basketball player??? :omg::omg:

They can identify as anything they like, but they will not use them to make movies.

Why are you comparing a fictional creature to a real life human being?

You are aware that mermaids are not real, right?

Or it is completely irrelevant.
Doesnt matter if the people are real or not. The double standard exists.

Of course it matters.

One cannot compare using a short white dude to play MJ to using a black girl to play a mermaid.

A mermaid is just the figment of people's imagination and can be anything people wish it to be

Of course it matters.

One cannot compare using a short white dude to play MJ to using a black girl to play a mermaid.

A mermaid is just the figment of people's imagination and can be anything people wish it to be
AGAIN, the double standard still exists whether mermaids are real or not.

Of course it matters.

It can when the original Disney Ariel was a white redhead. Who is now race swapped for a political agenda.

It can when the original Disney Ariel was a white redhead. Who is now race swapped for a political agenda.
Morgan Freeman in shawshank redemption. In the book, his character was a white irishmen.
If the guy was described as a black African and played by a white actor, well, we know what would have happened.
"I am so sorry everyone. I am ashamed of myself. Next time I will turn down roles if they arent a white, straight actor. I support the gays and other races blah blah blah"
But when its reversed?

Jesus H. Christ.

You people are pissing and moaning and arguing over a myth and children's movie like it is the most important, Earth shattering issue. For fuck's sake, it's a CHILDREN'S MOVIE BASE ON A MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURE AND A STORY WRITTEN IN 1837!

Children don't care what color the mermaid is, unless their parents tell them they need to. They just want to be entertained and not worry. The target audience for these types of movies don't give two shits for your politics or their parents' politics. Let them be, leave their entertainment alone. They know there are Black people in the world, they won't find this movie shocking and Black kids will get to see someone who looks like them on the big screen, in a lead role, no violence, and in a movie geared towards children.

Wait... maybe it's the depiction of an interracial relationship that you all find offensive...

Forum List

Back