Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

Read what I said above. It is fiction, based on another fictional book.

Hell, the author admitted over 30 years ago that he lifted almost all of the Kunta Kinte story right out of another novel!

Which was based on the very real events of black people being ripped from Africa and sold into slavery. So yeah, having a black actor play that role makes complete sense. Unlike playing the role of a mythological creature which has no race so it matter not the race of the actress.

I don't hang out in the kid's section. Thats just weird bro.
Shopping for toys with your kids/ grandkids is weird?

The big box stores had Black Panther merch in the isles and on end caps btw. It was hard to miss. They have nothing like that for LM.

The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?

The Little Mermaid--a FICTIONAL character--being black, white or purple is of no consequence. A MAN mocking women and being paid handsomely for it is another story entirely

Why do we need to recreate past fictional characters to be of another race or gender?

So was Gone with the Wind. Does not make it a true story.

Didn't say it did. What I actually said was roots was based on actual events of black people being taken out of Africa and brought here as slaves. So it makes no sense to portray that with a white actor. That analogy to The Little Mermaid is a fail.

Oh, so a white actor can't play a black character?

Never said that. It depends on the events being portrayed. If they were to make another Matrix, they could cast a white actor to play Morpheus for all I care. Like the Little Mermaid, the events are completely fictional.

Forum List

Back