Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

Don't forget the REAL money for Disney: licensing and merch. Thats a multi billion cash cow for something like Little Mermaid.
How much Little Mermaid Merch have you seen? Unlike Black Panther ,I have seen none. And I’m out weekly as a personal shopper.

The character was fictional. Slavery was not.

I never said slavery is not real. But recognizing that the character is not real is not the same as saying slavery is not real.

That is the kind of dishonest thing that liars do. They can not be honest to save their lives, so try to twist things all out of proportion. They are unable to validate their claims, so resort to hysterics and casting around insults in the silly belief that makes them right.

What African story would be worth retelling that most people would want to see?
The Disney classic “Song of the South” was a great movie that libs now detest thanks to woke political correctness

But the storyline and characters were inspired by fairytales brought from africa by the slaves

Don't forget the REAL money for Disney: licensing and merch. Thats a multi billion cash cow for something like Little Mermaid.

How much did their merchandising from Treasure Planet make? How about the last Star Wars movies?

Wanna bet the merch for the last Indiana Jones movie tanks?

In order to make money in merchandising, the popular demand has to be there. And just as a guess, I bet it is not going to be there. Nothing like merchandising for the original or Frozen.

Oh, and the merchandising for the Lion King remake largely flopped. I am going with the trend Disney has been facing for the last decade. Simply remaking their older movies is simply not a cash cow anymore. It did great when they did it once or twice a decade. But now that they are coming out more than once a year, the audience has gotten bored and no longer interested.

Has not a damned thing to do with the race of the actors or anything else. Each of these remakes has been doing less than the one before. And really for none of them have they been the merchandising boom that they expected.

How much did their merchandising from Treasure Planet make? How about the last Star Wars movies?

Wanna bet the merch for the last Indiana Jones movie tanks?

In order to make money in merchandising, the popular demand has to be there. And just as a guess, I bet it is not going to be there. Nothing like merchandising for the original or Frozen.

Oh, and the merchandising for the Lion King remake largely flopped. I am going with the trend Disney has been facing for the last decade. Simply remaking their older movies is simply not a cash cow anymore. It did great when they did it once or twice a decade. But now that they are coming out more than once a year, the audience has gotten bored and no longer interested.

Has not a damned thing to do with the race of the actors or anything else. Each of these remakes has been doing less than the one before. And really for none of them have they been the merchandising boom that they expected.
All of the Lightyear overstock crap is now showing up at the discount stores. So yeah…merch for new Disney stuff doesn’t sell.

I never said slavery is not real. But recognizing that the character is not real is not the same as saying slavery is not real.

That is the kind of dishonest thing that liars do. They can not be honest to save their lives, so try to twist things all out of proportion. They are unable to validate their claims, so resort to hysterics and casting around insults in the silly belief that makes them right.

Not really. It was asked how would one feel if Kunta Kinte was played by a white person. That's a nonsensical question since the Kunta Kinte character was written as a black slave based on the research done by Alex Haley. Though the character was fictional, it was based on black people being taken into slavery from Africa.

Whereas not only is Ariel a fictional character, so are mermaids and so is the movie. There isn't a grain of reality in the movie; it's all made up. And Ariel was never identified by a race in the original literature. And there is no race in the mythology of mermaids.

Not really. It was asked how would one feel if Kunta Kinte was played by a white person. That's a nonsensical question since the Kunta Kinte character was written as a black slave based on the research done by Alex Haley. Though the character was fictional, it was based on black people being taken into slavery from Africa.

But it is still a fictional character.

In fact, it is a fictional character and story that were stolen from yet another fictional novel.

In fact, it is a fictional character and story that were stolen from yet another fictional novel.

So? Still a fictional character based on actual events. Whereas The Little Mermaid is not based on actual events and is about a mythological creature.

It's a fictional character based on real life people in recent history. They being black is a fact of the story.

Mermaids are entirely fictional.

So? Still a fictional character based on actual events.

A fictional character based on fiction.

Holy hell, do you not even know what "fiction" is? I can write a story about a cat that wins WWII. But just because WWII was real, that does not mean the story is based on an actual event.

That is "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" levels of deception. Obviously you can not differentiate between fiction and reality.

It's a fictional character based on real life people in recent history. They being black is a fact of the story.

Read what I said above. It is fiction, based on another fictional book.

Hell, the author admitted over 30 years ago that he lifted almost all of the Kunta Kinte story right out of another novel!

A fictional character based on fiction.

Holy hell, do you not even know what "fiction" is? I can write a story about a cat that wins WWII. But just because WWII was real, that does not mean the story is based on an actual event.

That is "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" levels of deception. Obviously you can not differentiate between fiction and reality.

WTF? It was based on black people being kidnapped in Africa and brought here and sold into slavery. You think that's fictional?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back