Finally, proof of who gave the order to switch Flint's water supply!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
Finally, after much foot dragging and finger pointing that question has been answered.
water_plan_resolution.pdf

In another thread, I have already posited that Governor Snyder's appointed city manager made the call. But these new revelations goes beyond mere speculation. Documents, emails and timelines are consolidated here to present the BEST information yet of just where the responsibility for the switch lies... It doesn't look good for the GOP governor and his administration.

Here is a copy of the work order request: None of the signatures belong to Flint City Council members.

Finally, after much foot dragging and finger pointing that question has been answered.

In another thread, I have already posited that Governor Snyder's appointed city manager made the call. But these new revelations goes beyond mere speculation. Documents, emails and timelines are consolidated here to present the BEST information yet of just where the responsibility for the switch lies... It doesn't look good for the GOP governor and his administration.

Here is a copy of the work order request: None of the signatures belong to Flint City Council members.
This is just the beginning...the link exposes the lies and deceit that the State used to make it appear the Council requested the switch with a 7-1 vote... ALL lies... here is the link...read it for yourself. Governor Synder is toast.

Michigan Truth Squad: Who approved switch to Flint River? State's answers draw fouls

This is just the beginning...the link exposes the lies and deceit that the State used to make it appear the Council requested the switch with a 7-1 vote... ALL lies... here is the link...read it for yourself. Governor Synder is toast.

Michigan Truth Squad: Who approved switch to Flint River? State's answers draw fouls

The council decided to switch to KWA. Smart move by the way. Problem was the mother truckers in Detroit screwed over Flint leaving them no option but to find an interim supplier.

That was Flint River. The issue is not the switch. The issue is that no one was properly treating the water. Hence lead. Then came the coverups.

By the way the EPA chief had to resign. She was notified in April 2015 and didn't do jack shit until October after Virginia Tech blew this bullshit sky high.

She resigned today.

EPA regional chief resigns in connection with Flint crisis

The council decided to switch to KWA. Smart move by the way. Problem was the mother truckers in Detroit screwed over Flint leaving them no option but to find an interim supplier.

That was Flint River. The issue is not the switch. The issue is that no one was properly treating the water. Hence lead. Then came the coverups.

By the way the EPA chief had to resign. She was notified in April 2015 and didn't do jack shit until October after Virginia Tech blew this bullshit sky high.

She resigned today.

FROM MY LINK POSTED ABOVE:

Here's the problem with that: City officials did not drive the decision to take water from the Flint River. There was never such a vote by the city council, which really didn't have the power to make such a decision anyway, because the city was under the control of a state-appointed emergency manager.
The council's vote in March 2013 was to switch water supply from Detroit to a new pipeline through the Karegnondi Water Authority – but the pipeline wasn't scheduled to be completed for at least three years. (And even that decision was given final approval not by the council, but by then-state Treasurer Andy Dillon, according to Snyder emails released Wednesday.)

I can't pull up mlive. Who signed it.

I can't pull up mlive. Who signed it.
Ed Kurtz, the city manager.

Whoever dropped the ball should resign. One did today, I think more heads should roll. This is disgraceful!

My main question on this whole danged thing was WHO THE HELL did the final approval ON WHAT TREATMENT STANDARDS were allowed at the NEW TREATMENT PLANT.

You can play politics all day long on this one, but whoever didn't take into account the old pipes for the final CHEMICAL TREATMENT PROCESS is ultimately the problem here.

Who did that? Because we have for a long time been able to get clean drinking water out of a mud hole.

My main question on this whole danged thing was WHO THE HELL did the final approval ON WHAT TREATMENT STANDARDS were allowed at the NEW TREATMENT PLANT.

You can play politics all day long on this one, but whoever didn't take into account the old pipes for the final CHEMICAL TREATMENT PROCESS is ultimately the problem here.

Who did that? Because we have for a long time been able to get clean drinking water out of a mud hole.
Didn't experts claim that everything was fine until some University did a study and made claims it wasn't?

She resigned today.

FROM MY LINK POSTED ABOVE:

Here's the problem with that: City officials did not drive the decision to take water from the Flint River. There was never such a vote by the city council, which really didn't have the power to make such a decision anyway, because the city was under the control of a state-appointed emergency manager.
The council's vote in March 2013 was to switch water supply from Detroit to a new pipeline through the Karegnondi Water Authority – but the pipeline wasn't scheduled to be completed for at least three years. (And even that decision was given final approval not by the council, but by then-state Treasurer Andy Dillon, according to Snyder emails released Wednesday.)

Isn't Andy Dillon a Democrat? Pretty sure. I know the other Emergency Manager Darnell Early was a Democrat.

For me I'm not blaming anyone for the switch to KWA. I'm taking the politics out of it whenever I can unless I run into someone seriously obnoxious. :)

I thought the City Council made a very wise decision. It's not their fault that Detroit Water and Sewage screwed Flint over. Really nasty. That put Flint into having to have an interim water supplier. Sheesh did that ever get this nightmare started.

I've been a water conservationist for years and I've been spitting bullets over the management at DHHS who lied to everyone. Man oh man they fabricated data. It's unreal what these people did and I hope criminal charges come down.

They need to be wearing orange. Whether its mercury (I campaigned on Grassy Narrows. First Nations with mercury poison got me started on specific water conservation) or lead the damage cannot be undone.

I'm really in shock that the DHHS didn't move on this. I just don't know what to say about a health organization that would have allowed it. It's appalling beyond belief.

Politicians can only listen to what the DHHS told them. But they lied flat out lied to the Mayor, the Council the public. Hell's bells they lied to everyone.

Unreal. Just f'n unreal.

Didn't experts claim that everything was fine until some University did a study and made claims it wasn't?

Virginia Tech were the ones that finally nailed them Jackson but they were so stonewalled on getting data they had to use a FOIA.

Yikes.

Oh and then on top of all this the state did contact the EPA in April 2015 but they didn't move on anything till October 16th and we're dealing with lead here. Aye Carumba!

"Hands up...don't shoot!"

"The word 'Fed' was scrawled on his chest..."

I think I'll wait for the smoke to clear a little before attempting to assign blame.

Problem was the mother truckers in Detroit screwed over Flint leaving them no option but to find an interim supplier.

That was Flint River. The issue is not the switch. The issue is that no one was properly treating the water.

The switch is significant Since the decision was made without input from the City council or the mayor. The responsibility for any issues coming out of that rested with the city manager and the Governor who sent him to Flint.
That includes the lead and anything else associated with the action..

Snyder said that Detroit, after being informed of the Flint council vote, sent a "letter of termination" of water service. Detroit sent a letter giving Flint one year on its existing contract, but that didn't mean Flint couldn't get water from Detroit after that date. In fact, there was a flurry of negotiations between Detroit and Flint to sign a new contract that would carry Flint through until it could connect to the under-construction pipeline. That new contract was going to cost Flint more money.
This distinction is important to note because merely stating that Flint received a "letter of termination" makes it sound as if a thirsty Flint had no choice but to stick a straw in the Flint River. Flint could have elected to sign a new contract with the the Detroit water system (in fact, Flint reconnected to Detroit water after the situation in the city became a full-fledged, hair-on-fire crisis). Flint disconnected from Detroit because it was cheaper to take water from the Flint River until the new pipeline was completed. Here's a letter from then-emergency manager Darnell Earley saying Flint was choosing to use Flint water instead of Detroit water.
Which brings us to the state's timeline statement: "June 2013: City of Flint decides to use the Flint River as a water source."
Flint officials didn't make that decision while under state emergency management. State-appointed emergency manager Ed Kurtz made that decision, which would have had to be approved by the state. Here's the document from June 2013 signed by Kurtz authorizing an engineering contract to figure out how to draw water from the river.

The call: Foul
It may seem like this is deep in the weeds, but this is why it's important: This is a major health crisis for the state, and it's a crisis that is man-made. There's no doubt that a series of actions all played a role in the elevated lead levels in the bloodstreams of some Flint children. When the governor's own timeline says the "City of Flint decides to use the Flint River," it can't be dismissed as shorthand for the truth. The wording conflates an earlier city vote to transition from Detroit to the KWA with that of a Snyder-appointed emergency manager to use the Flint River as an interim source of water. Truth Squad calls a foul.

Whenever you post something that says "proof", it usually turns out to be untrue. I'll wait for further "proof".

Problem was the mother truckers in Detroit screwed over Flint leaving them no option but to find an interim supplier.

That was Flint River. The issue is not the switch. The issue is that no one was properly treating the water.

The switch is significant Since the decision was made without input from the City council or the mayor. The responsibility for any issues coming out of that rested with the city manager and the Governor who sent him to Flint.

Snyder said that Detroit, after being informed of the Flint council vote, sent a "letter of termination" of water service. Detroit sent a letter giving Flint one year on its existing contract, but that didn't mean Flint couldn't get water from Detroit after that date. In fact, there was a flurry of negotiations between Detroit and Flint to sign a new contract that would carry Flint through until it could connect to the under-construction pipeline. That new contract was going to cost Flint more money.
This distinction is important to note because merely stating that Flint received a "letter of termination" makes it sound as if a thirsty Flint had no choice but to stick a straw in the Flint River. Flint could have elected to sign a new contract with the the Detroit water system (in fact, Flint reconnected to Detroit water after the situation in the city became a full-fledged, hair-on-fire crisis). Flint disconnected from Detroit because it was cheaper to take water from the Flint River until the new pipeline was completed. Here's a letter from then-emergency manager Darnell Earley saying Flint was choosing to use Flint water instead of Detroit water.
Which brings us to the state's timeline statement: "June 2013: City of Flint decides to use the Flint River as a water source."
Flint officials didn't make that decision while under state emergency management. State-appointed emergency manager Ed Kurtz made that decision, which would have had to be approved by the state. Here's the document from June 2013 signed by Kurtz authorizing an engineering contract to figure out how to draw water from the river.

It may seem like this is deep in the weeds, but this is why it's important: This is a major health crisis for the state, and it's a crisis that is man-made. There's no doubt that a series of actions all played a role in the elevated lead levels in the bloodstreams of some Flint children. When the governor's own timeline says the "City of Flint decides to use the Flint River," it can't be dismissed as shorthand for the truth. The wording conflates an earlier city vote to transition from Detroit to the KWA with that of a Snyder-appointed emergency manager to use the Flint River as an interim source of water. Truth Squad calls a foul.
Doesn't matter to me here. Part of switching to another water source and service required a NEW TREATMENT PLANT. Even had the waterline been completed from Lake Huron already, if they had pumped out lower ph water anyway the problem would be the same.

Who determined the final Standards of transmitted water? To me...........that is the CORE OF THE PROBLEM...........Had they raised the ph then using the Flint River wouldn't have been a problem anyway.

Just to let you know Andy Dillon is a Democrat but I don't fault him you see. He was just a treasurer signing off on the interim water supplier. Just a treasurer. Signing off on a deal.

Doesn't matter to me here. Part of switching to another water source and service required a NEW TREATMENT PLANT. Even had the waterline been completed from Lake Huron already, if they had pumped out lower ph water anyway the problem would be the same.

Who determined the final Standards of transmitted water? To me...........that is the CORE OF THE PROBLEM...........Had they raised the ph then using the Flint River wouldn't have been a problem anyway.

It's a pity that instead of getting to the heart of the problem so many are just on a political witch hunt. You have the screw up with the treatment plant and the cover up with the DHHS all the while people are getting high levels of lead in their water.

Unreal.

When did the relevations come out that the water was corrosive and who was told? Who had that information and what did they do with it? Was it a matter of money that Flint River continued to be used for drinking water? Who made that decision? WHo had the responsibility to give Flint a proper water supply and did not?

I imagine there are going to be lawsuits.

Kurtz as far as I know is a Democrat as well. Just like Darrell Early the next Emergency Manager.

Bottom line is when Detroit screwed over Flint an interim water had to be found.

How does this make the lead poisoning of Flint political?

It's not any of the politicians fault that someone really screwed up on the treatment of the water and then the DHHS lied their asses off and then the EPA when notified there was an issue didn't do jack shit until October 2015.

Forum List

Back