Finally got a new phone.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Picked up an Iphone 13 Pro Max.
They gave me $400 on my Iphone 6 so it ended up costing $1100 bucks.
Holy crap is this thing different!! It's gonna take me a week to figure out how to run the damn thing!!
The main reason I wanted the 13 Pro Max was for the camera. My 6 still worked just fine but figured it was time to upgrade.

I'm no longer paying money to the phone-industrial complex. I make my own, from scratch ...

faedbabdf521a5dddcd1c850ec9f4e1c.jpg

Holy crap is this thing different!! It's gonna take me a week to figure out how to run the damn thing!!
The main reason I wanted the 13 Pro Max was for the camera. My 6 still worked just fine but figured it was time to upgrade.

I don't use cellphones and can't imagine any call being so important to spend $1500 just for a telephone. And I already have a house full of real cameras. But if it floats your boat, more power to you.

I've got the 12 Pro Max. I upgraded about two years ago from the Xr, which was an upgrade from the 6S.

The improvement in the camera on the 13 Pro Max wasn't really significant enough to make me switch. A friend who works for Apple say the next really significant upgrade will be coming in the 15 Pro Max, which he says is already in development. He wouldn't say what that upgrade will be, though...

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, the ruggedized version, for years. I loved it, but the camera wasn't great, and the battery life was falling off. AT&T had a deal: Trade in any S series phone for a huge credit on any S22. They gave me $35 cash and an $800 credit towards the new phone. I got an S22 Ultra.

The camera(s) on this thing are amazing.

And I already have a house full of real cameras.

Same here but, unless you're always carrying a real camera with you, it's nice to have a decent camera on your phone to take pictures when you're out with friends, etc.

I don't know what the video is like on the 13 Pro Max, but it's pretty damn good on the 12 Pro Max...

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, the ruggedized version, for years. I loved it, but the camera wasn't great, and the battery life was falling off. AT&T had a deal: Trade in any S series phone for a huge credit on any S22. They gave me $35 cash and an $800 credit towards the new phone. I got an S22 Ultra.

Have they addressed the issue where everything is backwards if you take a selfie?

I don't use cellphones and can't imagine any call being so important to spend $1500 just for a telephone. And I already have a house full of real cameras. But if it floats your boat, more power to you.
Especially when the phone is worth more than your car... decisions, decisions.

I wonder where all these old used phones go? That is what I'd be looking to buy. Bet they go cheap, refurbished. These things are basically computers, and computers usually just need upgraded with better software. As to amazing cameras, the day one of them can match a full frame CMOS sensor with 20 megapixel resolution using an aspheric f/1.2 lenses with flash capable of lighting a room 30 feet away, then I will be very amazed!

Ahhh...but do you carry a camera with you everywhere you go?
I stopped wearing watches since smart phones came out.
The guy tried to sell me a smartwatch to go with my phone...thats a negatory.

I've got the 12 Pro Max. I upgraded about two years ago from the Xr, which was an upgrade from the 6S.

The improvement in the camera on the 13 Pro Max wasn't really significant enough to make me switch. A friend who works for Apple say the next really significant upgrade will be coming in the 15 Pro Max, which he says is already in development. He wouldn't say what that upgrade will be, though...

Ya gotta remember I was using a 6 for 6 or 7 years so this is a huge upgrade.

Same here but, unless you're always carrying a real camera with you, it's nice to have a decent camera on your phone to take pictures when you're out with friends, etc.

I don't know what the video is like on the 13 Pro Max, but it's pretty damn good on the 12 Pro Max...

Haven't taken any video yet but the camera is far better than my old 6.

I wonder where all these old used phones go? That is what I'd be looking to buy. Bet they go cheap, refurbished. These things are basically computers, and computers usually just need upgraded with better software. As to amazing cameras, the day one of them can match a full frame CMOS sensor with 20 megapixel resolution using an aspheric f/1.2 lenses with flash capable of lighting a room 30 feet away, then I will be very amazed!

My 6 was still in brand new condition.
It's the first smartphone that I never broke a screen on.

Ahhh...but do you carry a camera with you everywhere you go?
I've never wanted to even with about $80,000 worth of camera gear. But then, I don't even carry a phone with me everywhere I go! Especially one that collects data on me and my life clandestinely to be used by the government to spy on me, much less has calls drop out unintelligebly all of the time, or to use as a computer when the screen is the size of a baseball card.

I stopped wearing watches since smart phones came out.
I rarely wear a watch anymore unless I know the time will be very important, even then, most everything around has a clock built into it these days anyway! I'm just a REAL BAD CONSUMER, HereWeGo, as years ago I used to design products and know all about the profit margins and designed obsolescence, which is why when I buy stuff, I tend much more towards pro-orientated gear which is designed for reliability, durability and performance at or near the SOTA.

Plus I just hate touchscreens and touchpads. And I hate tiny miniature keypads.

The Wife and I bought one of the first digital cameras from Sony and it was $1400 bucks.
It sucked even compared to my oldest Iphone camera. You'd hit the button and there was a two second delay before it took a pic.
Dont even know what happened to it but I probably tossed it in the trash.

I've never wanted to even with about $80,000 worth of camera gear. But then, I don't even carry a phone with me everywhere I go! Especially one that collects data on me and my life clandestinely to be used by the government to spy on me, much less has calls drop out unintelligebly all of the time, or to use as a computer when the screen is the size of a baseball card.

I rarely wear a watch anymore unless I know the time will be very important, even then, most everything around has a clock built into it these days anyway! I'm just a REAL BAD CONSUMER, HereWeGo, as years ago I used to design products and know all about the profit margins and designed obsolescence, which is why when I buy stuff, I tend much more towards pro-orientated gear which is designed for reliability, durability and performance at or near the SOTA.

Plus I just hate touchscreens and touchpads. And I hate tiny miniature keypads.

I know I'd never carry that expensive of a camera.
I've gotten to the point to where if they want to know what I'm doing I dont give a fuck.
If there ever comes a time when I do care i'll toss it in a river somewhere.
I figure they know all about us from reading USMB at this point.

The Wife and I bought one of the first digital cameras from Sony and it was $1400 bucks.

Gee, that must have been in about the mid-1990s. For a while, I had an early pro digital camera made by marrying a Nikon D90 body to a Kodak digital drive writing to a large PCMCIA card. It was a bulky thing to hold and carry but had about 5 megapixel resolution and took pretty nice pictures until Olympus came along and greatly improved the quality of digital.

I've gotten to the point to where if they want to know what I'm doing I dont give a fuck.

I've had opportunities to get free cellphones. If I ever do, I'll stick it in a friend's back seat so as he drives around, they think they are tracking me and get really confused! :71:

Then the following week, I'll leave it in a locker at the Greyhound terminal or in a bus headed to Washington DC. Maybe they'll think I'm on a mission heading to the Capitol. :SMILEW~130:

Forum List

Back