Dog Lovers Thread

1668648354700.png

I've always had a dog since I was a tot. I currently have two.

I had cocker spaniels for many years until the breed was ruined.

Then I had a black lab mix who was the Einstein of dogs. If he had started talking, I would not have been shocked at all.

Then I had a black lab/German shepherd mix who was the most loyal dog ever. He was stuck to me like Velco.

Now I have a black pitbull. He is a rescue. He is in the running for being even smarter than the black lab was. I can't even spell words around him. He still knows what I am saying!

I also inherited my mom's Yorkie mix when she died. My oldest daughter instantly fell madly in love with her. When that dog dies, even if I am in a meeting with the President of the United States, I will have to break off to console my daughter.

"I'm sorry, Mr. President. You'll have to stop WWIII without me."

The Wife and I are Boxer fans.
I've had them since I was a little kid and now the Wife has fallen in love with them as well.
She told me when I came home and told Her we were getting a Boxer puppy that it would be my responsibility to take care of it and she wouldnt love it.
That lasted all of a few seconds when Dempsey waddled across the living room and in to Her lap.

All dogs are amazing but black labs are a few of my most favorite just from experience, mixed lab/german shepherd, lab/pittie...female and males both awesome as companions and they bond with entire families and still have a favorite human. Love the thread tx for starting it!

1668652002215.png

I love ALL animals, but I prefer cats the most.

But when I saw this little puffball.........I really thought it was a toy or a joke meme somebody created.

But I researched the image and found out it's an ACTUAL, real dog!!!
I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW!!!! LOL

TOO FREEKING ADORABLE!!!

Unfortunately, my apartments don't allow pets. :crybaby:

1668778396505.png

I love ALL animals, but I prefer cats the most.

But when I saw this little puffball.........I really thought it was a toy or a joke meme somebody created.

But I researched the image and found out it's an ACTUAL, real dog!!!
I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW!!!! LOL

TOO FREEKING ADORABLE!!!

Unfortunately, my apartments don't allow pets. :crybaby:

View attachment 727736
Yes! I have also seen this cute little image of the sweetest looking puffball ever! Too adorable and I’m typically your large breed fan:) I’ve had more stray cats than dog rescues but that could change soon! Lol

I am in my 70's now, along with most of my friends. Many in the group have had dogs for most of their adult lives, and while it's often difficult to understand for an outsider, the dog owners get a lot of enjoyment from their pets. For many, the only exercise they get is when they walk their dogs.

Four or five couples have recently had an older dog die, and there is the usual sadness. Invariably, they say that at their age it makes no sense to get a puppy - "a seventeen year commitment" - but one by one, they are all getting puppies.

I swear to god, it's worse than when they have a grandchild. It's all they want to talk about. They send out pictures of the dog almost every day, and now, the holiday season, pictures of the puppies dressed up for Christmas. The doggie pictures show up in their Christmas cards.

Ironically, I got a door prize at a banquet last night, and it was a pack of three dish towels with doggie pictures all over them, in Christmas colors.

Are the doggie gods trying to tell me something?

This is the dog lovers thread:

I realize the thread title is a question, but 120 pages is a big clue... we haven't been debating the merits of such a thread since 2014 and 2,000 replies...

20211225_152702.jpg

Mini Aussie and step daughters Pitsky
20220918_094559~2.jpg

This is Scout
Always dressed formal.

My screen saver from when he was a pup...
20210808_094739.jpg

Resist that face...
I dare you!!

Forum List

Back