Filibuster brawl amps up with GOP opposition to Jan. 6 panel...The filibuster battle will erupt next week...Congress is high school for old people

From the link:

As an incredulous Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) put it: “How do you go forward if you can't make it work over something like an independent commission?"

I can’t stand Sen Warren, but I cannot argue with the point being made...

The trumpublicans, led by Moscow Mitch, have Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema helping them bring about the total Nazification of the United States after the 2022 mid-term elections.

The trumpublicans, as the majority party will quickly go about writing a new Constitution, creating a one-party government like that in North Korea. The 74 million trump Nazis will then have their führer as the trumpublicans goosestep up Pennsylvania Avenue behind the limo carrying trump and Moscow Mitch to the former White House, which will be renamed Der Führer Kastle.

The trump Nazis will finally have the oppressive dictatorship of their dreams. But, the dream will, inevitably, become a nightmare. Absolute power corrupts, so what will it do for the already corrupt trump?

Dems are not 1% concerned about the source of COVID as they are about selfies in the Capitol.

How fucked up they are.

From the link:

As an incredulous Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) put it: “How do you go forward if you can't make it work over something like an independent commission?"

Sure you can argue with it, because her point is nothing more than a softer version of “might makes right”, instead of going through the trouble of making a persuasive argument what her and her colleagues on the D side of the aisle are talking about is simply silencing the voice of the minority via legislative FORCE.

If we don’t get our way without having to compromise, we’ll just run over the other side. The legislative filibuster is the last thing left to encourage any cooperation and compromise and IMHO that is more significant than some “commission”.

The Democrats will REGRET IT if they nuke the legislative filibuster just like the regretted it when they started down the path and nuked it for Presidential Appointees.

From the link:

Sure you can argue with it, because her point is nothing more than a softer version of “might makes right”, instead of going through the trouble of making a persuasive argument what her and her colleagues on the D side of the aisle are talking about is simply silencing the voice of the minority via legislative FORCE.

If we don’t get our way without having to compromise, we’ll just run over the other side. The legislative filibuster is the last thing left to encourage any cooperation and compromise and IMHO that is more significant than some “commission”.

The Democrats will REGRET IT if they nuke the legislative filibuster just like the regretted it when they started down the path and nuked it for Presidential Appointees.

Compromise is no longer part of the equation. The filibuster has been weaponized. Why meet in the middle on any issue when it serves a greater purpose as campaign fodder. Neither party wants compromise unless it is on their terms(which by definition is not compromise).

I say let them nuke the filibuster and allow either party to run the gamut while in the majority.

jmo

From the link:

Compromise is no longer part of the equation. The filibuster has been weaponized. Why meet in the middle on any issue when it serves a greater purpose as campaign fodder. Neither party wants compromise unless it is on their terms(which by definition is not compromise).

I say let them nuke the filibuster and allow either party to run the gamut while in the majority.

jmo
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, since I don't believe allowing either party to run roughshod is going to service the best interests of society, GRIDLOCK is FAR preferrable to that given that history has demonstrated that NEITHER of the Crime Families can be trusted with power, let alone completely unchecked legislative power.

From the link:

OMG. That is soooo simple. There is no such thing as an "independent commission". Any commission's work product will always be partisan, that is the "point".

The dumb bitch tried to break in and assault leader in the capital. She deserved exactly what she got. Should have happened to a lot more of the treasonous assholes there.

How many unarmed protesters is it okay to kill 5, 50, 500?

The allowable limit for unarmed protesters is 15% of the current population of unarmed protestors, excluding women and children, you can only take 10% of those.

Forum List

Back