Fellow Conservatives - Can the System be Fixed?...

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
.....Or have we wandered so far off the path that the Founding Fathers laid out, that there is no choice other than tearing down and rebuilding the system from scratch?

I remember conservative talk radio calling the 2008 election "the most important of our lifetime".

They say that with pretty much every freaking election, of course, but this time they were right.

We'll look back at that election as the moment the country changed its course permanently.

Honestly, at this point I'm not certain I believe it can be fixed. We have fallen so far from where the Founding Fathers intended this nation to be, that I just don't believe we can repair the damage and return to that society.

Which means that, at least in my mind, it's time to consider if there is a way to restart a new nation in place of this one, or if we are truly beyond hope at this point.

Honestly, at this point I'm not certain I believe it can be fixed. We have fallen so far from where the Founding Fathers intended this nation to be, that I just don't believe we can repair the damage and return to that society.

Which means that, at least in my mind, it's time to consider if there is a way to restart a new nation in place of this one, or if we are truly beyond hope at this point.

Difficult to say. Half the country has been stupefied by five decades of Leftist nonsense and Howard Zinn.

Anathema is correct.

The far right loons cannot pull the nation back to the 1950s.

.....Or have we wandered so far off the path that the Founding Fathers laid out, that there is no choice other than tearing down and rebuilding the system from scratch?
Nonsense.

The conservative take the ball and go home mentality is unwarranted just because things haven't gone your way .

The Nation is functioning as intended by the Framers.

I can tell you that I do not foresee this nation ever coming together again. We are The Divided States of America. And, you can thank the democrats for that.

I can tell you that I do not foresee this nation ever coming together again. We are The Divided States of America. And, you can thank the democrats for that.
You've got that backwards. If divisions remain, it's because of the intransigence of the losers. Even when they control the legislative branch, Republicans can't manage to come up with equitable compromises as the FFs envisioned.

.The conservative take the ball and go home mentality is unwarranted just because things haven't gone your way .

I have to disagree. This nation was not founded as an "Everyone has equal say" nation. If you need proof of that, just look at who was originally allowed to vote.

You've got that backwards. If divisions remain, it's because of the intransigence of the losers. Even when they control the legislative branch, Republicans can't manage to come up with equitable compromises as the FFs envisioned.

One does not compromise on Principle, or accept the Wrong simply because they cannot get others to accept the Right.

Nonsense.

The conservative take the ball and go home mentality is unwarranted just because things haven't gone your way .

Not even close.

I can tell you that I do not foresee this nation ever coming together again. We are The Divided States of America.

I agree we're never likely to come together again; but I tend to believe that both sides are at fault for the damage and the lack of repair.

This nation was not founded as an "Everyone has equal say" nation. If you need proof of that, just look at who was originally allowed to vote.
Then I agree, we won't be going back. It's the kind of "fix" we really don't need. The FFs, while being great men, weren't gods.

Legal compromise of constitutional mandates demands the amendment process.

Oh bullshit what a cop out. You guys took the reigns of authority which dosen't mean we have to kiss your ass. You divided the nation dived us according to wealth, divided us according to race did you hear that Kung Clinton speak yesterday SSDD tax the fucking rich, break the banks, destroy the corporations. You guys are assholes.

One does not compromise on Principle, or accept the Wrong simply because they cannot get others to accept the Right.
Sorry, unless you define "principle" it's meaningless. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc. had principles, too.

Forum List

Back