Federal Prosecutor Derek Hines Linked to Controversial Deal Involving Hunter Biden, Which Raises Potential Conflict of Interest

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Well, we all know (though some won't admit it) that the Hunter Biden plea deal stinks, and here we have more reason for how and why.

New revelations have emerged concerning the role of federal prosecutor Derek Hines in a contentious deal associated with Hunter Biden.

Derek Hines, previously serving as special counsel to former FBI director Louis Freeh, is one of the federal prosecutors on Hunter Biden’s sweetheart deal.

The revelations also shed light on a significant financial contribution made by Freeh to a trust for Joe Biden’s grandchildren in April 2016.

Former Chief Counsel for Nominations and Law Clerk Mike Davis pointed out this new revelation.

New York Post reported:

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh gave $100,000 to a trust for two of President Biden’s grandchildren as he sought to pursue “some very good and profitable matters” with him, newly surfaced emails revealed Thursday.
Freeh apparently made the gift in April 2016 — when Biden was the outgoing vice president — and shortly before he told Biden’s son Hunter, “I would be delighted to do future work with you,” according to the emails.
“I also spoke to Dad a few weeks ago and would like to explore with him some future work options,” Freeh wrote on July 8, 2016.
“I believe that working together on these (and other legal) matters would be of value, fun and rewarding.”

Derek Hines’ role as a federal prosecutor raises concerns about potential conflicts of interest and the impartiality of the legal process. Serving as special counsel to Louis Freeh from 2013 to February 2015, Hines worked closely with the former FBI director, which adds further significance to his connection to the subsequent events involving Hunter Biden.

One user commented, “Just one of those happy little coincidences that make Our Democracy so special.”

Julie Kelly wrote, “These people make the mafia look legit.”

...​

Louis Freeh is credited with running a reasonably clean FBI. The corruption started after him, at least from sources I've read.

That donation to Traitor Joe's crime family is quite shocking given Freeh's salary as judge and FBI Director. Maybe Freeh wasn't so clean...

Forum List

Back