FDA declares war on tylenol.

WOW the far left in control of the FDA shows that anything and everything is dangerous.

The "far left"??

How the fuck are Margaret Hamburg and Michael Taylor -- of all creatures -- the 'far left'?

Taylor is an ex-Monsanto attorney. You know that, right?

But do go ahead -- make this case. This oughta be good. :popcorn:

I guess you did not get the memo that Obama is (far left) president in office.

Good luck denying it.

Also you should read up on the changes of Obamacare makes on the FDA. Which was passed by a far left Congress.

Leave it to the Fuckedup Defartment of Agriculture to just figure out something we all knew for the last 20 years.

Exactly...while big Pharma puts out more and more dangerous drugs that the docs love to peddle to the sheeple, making millions in the process, the government goes after Tylenol...which informed people already knew was dangerous.

This is why we need a big omnipresent intrusive unlimited federal government....thinks the statist.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

They are slow to react and minimally effective of late, that's true. But you've shot your own foot in the point: if FDA is belatedly reacting to what "we all know" (which is a fallacy anyway), then what you're saying is it's stating the obvious. So where's the harm?

You prolly don't need to be told not to stick your hand in a fire. If I tell you not to do something you already know not to do, have I harmed you in any way?
I mean, grow a couple of pairs, doods. :cuckoo:

As noted "everybody knows" is a blatant fallacy anyway; I never knew this about Tylenol. Guess the arbiters of ignorance would prefer that I never found out.

Which brings us back to Kosh. I'm still waiting for that explanation of how a marginally effective agency headed by a doctor and a Monsanto lawyer can be defined as the "far left".

( [MENTION=42632]Kosh[/MENTION] )

Still waiting....
impatient.gif

And it was answered.

If a product is dangerous, they shouldn't have given approval for it in the first place. We have all these federal agencies to protect us, yet drug companies are constantly being sued for harming or killing people. Gee, how did these dangerous drugs get past our wonderful government agencies to begin with? With each drug, OTC or prescription, we get instructions and warnings that take an hour or two to read. I thought for sure that whole truth in advertising and labeling would solve any problems people have when it comes to understanding what they are taking. Isn't that the reasoning behind forcing companies to spend the money to explain everything in detail, like the way they want labeling on the outside of vending machines?

Maybe the politicians and bureaucrats really don't know what the hell they are doing after all. Yet, they cost more and more money each year as the bureaucrats multiply like rabbits, or maybe roaches is a better comparison.

Now the government will take down the company that makes Tylenol in order to protect us, something they already failed at. Anyone know if the company donates to political campaigns?

If a product is dangerous, they shouldn't have given approval for it in the first place. We have all these federal agencies to protect us, yet drug companies are constantly being sued for harming or killing people. Gee, how did these dangerous drugs get past our wonderful government agencies to begin with? With each drug, OTC or prescription, we get instructions and warnings that take an hour or two to read. I thought for sure that whole truth in advertising and labeling would solve any problems people have when it comes to understanding what they are taking. Isn't that the reasoning behind forcing companies to spend the money to explain everything in detail, like the way they want labeling on the outside of vending machines?

Maybe the politicians and bureaucrats really don't know what the hell they are doing after all. Yet, they cost more and more money each year as the bureaucrats multiply like rabbits, or maybe roaches is a better comparison.

Now the government will take down the company that makes Tylenol in order to protect us, something they already failed at. Anyone know if the company donates to political campaigns?

Simple answer:

The same reason why coffee cups have "danger: hot" on them. People are stupid as fuck and the FDA cant test drugs according to what every person may use them for. Some idiot will shove a tylenol up his ass and sue then Tylenol and the FDA have to say "Do not stick up your bum"

No, rather somebody sued the pharmaceutical company for their liver failure after digesting more than 4 g of acetaminophen per day.

Some idiots don't know the term MODERATION.

it is written on EVERY box and everybody even the neighbors dog know by nowadays that 4g of tylenol will cause liver failure.

It has been known for decades.

Believe it or not I didn't know it. But then again I NEVER take ANY kind of medication unless it's prescribed and even then only if a Dr says I must take it. Dunno why but a headache for me is as rare as a sane progressive.

WOW the far left in control of the FDA shows that anything and everything is dangerous.

The "far left"??

How the fuck are Margaret Hamburg and Michael Taylor -- of all creatures -- the 'far left'?

Taylor is an ex-Monsanto attorney. You know that, right?

But do go ahead -- make this case. This oughta be good. :popcorn:

I guess you did not get the memo that Obama is (far left) president in office.

Good luck denying it.

Also you should read up on the changes of Obamacare makes on the FDA. Which was passed by a far left Congress.

Flaming cop-out.

Number one O'bama doesn't run FDA, number two he's anything but "far left" and number three, the presence of Michael Taylor soundly confirms number one and number two.

I knew you wouldn't be able to answer that question. That's exactly why I posted it. Moral: think your point through before posting.

Last edited:
If a product is dangerous, they shouldn't have given approval for it in the first place. We have all these federal agencies to protect us, yet drug companies are constantly being sued for harming or killing people. Gee, how did these dangerous drugs get past our wonderful government agencies to begin with?

It's called the DC revolving door, folks. Appointing a Monsanto guy to the Federal Department of Agriculture :bang3: makes as much sense has appointing a Wall Street goon to Treasury. Why not stick a GlaxoSmithKline guy in there too. Why not pick the head of Exxon for EPA. Why not have a Georgia Pacific lawyer run the U.S. Forest Service. It's insanity. As always -- follow the money.

Some idiots don't know the term MODERATION.

it is written on EVERY box and everybody even the neighbors dog know by nowadays that 4g of tylenol will cause liver failure.

Believe it or not I didn't know it. But then again I NEVER take ANY kind of medication unless it's prescribed and even then only if a Dr says I must take it. Dunno why but a headache for me is as rare as a sane progressive.

Me neither but I'm the same way. Almost never get a headache and when I do I sleep it off

Me neither but I'm the same way. Almost never get a headache and when I do I sleep it off

Nor did I until now. Basically whenever somebody crows "everybody knows..." they're about to throw shit at the wall. The weird thing is they expect it to stick.

Really try reading the reports and some real news before making such a profound idiotic statement.

FDA is another department that needs to be defunded...like the EPA as well...these unelected agencies are run amok...and it seems Congress hasn't the balls to do it.

The T wants a world where people come out with drugs and everyone gathers around playing who will test it out first and make bets on the side effects and out comes.

Where people know the dangers of these drugs by word of mouth. Maybe from a shaman.

The T wants a world where people come out with drugs and everyone gathers around playing who will test it out first and make bets on the side effects and out comes.

Where people know the dangers of these drugs by word of mouth. Maybe from a shaman.

Considering some of his wackadoo posts I think the guy who thinks he's the Boston transit system is already experimenting. Place yer bets...

Forum List

Back