FDA declares war on tylenol.

Pogo, you can be such a bore sometimes.

I think FDA will survive without your chivalrous defense.
Pogo like so many Dumasses on the left think people are too stupid to make decisions for themselves and applaud Gubmint bureaucracies to make our dcisions FOR us...to which I say WRONG ANSWER.

WE aren't all stupid...HE applauds anything that circumvents liberty.

YES, you DO Pogo.

I didn't employ the word "stupid" but it's interesting to see the intellectual shortstop is here to defend his sovereign right to have Thalidomide babies.

Good luck with that, Einstein. Can I get you a nice glass of Elixir Sulfanilamide?

By the way, everybody in the world has food and drug regulation. Show me a shithole that doesn't and I'll show you a shithole with innocents dying with dysentery and diarrhea and every imaginable poisoning everywhere you look. But they have the "liberty" to be poisoned, dammit.

Freaking Randbots...

Pogo, you can be such a bore sometimes.

I think FDA will survive without your chivalrous defense.

As boring as the Trans Fats thread, when you were on my side?

Remember that? Shall I dig up some of your posts? Because they were good. Really good.

And trust me, I'm not here to defend gummint agencies; I'm here to attack bad logic.

Growl.

gosh. I am often on your side on many issues. I just don't think this particular clarification was really necessary. and I did not put a smiley because I thought you'll figure it out I am teasing.

And believe me, I have a VERY big list of offenses by FDA - and the real ones. *very mad smiley*

Just don't get me started ( one blackboxed droperidol is worth them rotting in hell for a decade at least :evil::evil::evil:)

Can anybody recommend which turmeric is better?

I want to buy online and am kind of undecided.

Before I was just buying in the spice shop and it was not by any brand.

But I am too lazy to drive that far.

I try to get my spices at an Indian grocery. Because they don't mess around with emasculated faux-spice. They go for the gusto. And it's fresh.
Especially for something commonly used in Indian cuisine like turmeric.

Middle Eastern grocery wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Thanks

I get mine from a middle eastern grocery. I make a lot of Indian/middle eastern food. I throw those spices into everything.

I try to get my spices at an Indian grocery. Because they don't mess around with emasculated faux-spice. They go for the gusto. And it's fresh.
Especially for something commonly used in Indian cuisine like turmeric.

Middle Eastern grocery wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Thanks

I get mine from a middle eastern grocery. I make a lot of Indian/middle eastern food. I throw those spices into everything.

yummy

* trying to be strong not to go to the fridge*

No, rather somebody sued the pharmaceutical company for their liver failure after digesting more than 4 g of acetaminophen per day.

Liver damage occurs when someone ingests 120mg of acetominphen per KG of body weight. Tylenol is the only OTC pain medicine that I am not allergic to, so I am well acquainted with it. There are people who will take a handful of them and wash them down with alcohol. Those people are courting disaster. I, personally, think it is only about 20% better than nothing. But there are times when that 20% of relief makes a big difference. People can figure out ways to kill themselves with anything.

No, rather somebody sued the pharmaceutical company for their liver failure after digesting more than 4 g of acetaminophen per day.

Liver damage occurs when someone ingests 120mg of acetominphen per KG of body weight. Tylenol is the only OTC pain medicine that I am not allergic to, so I am well acquainted with it. There are people who will take a handful of them and wash them down with alcohol. Those people are courting disaster. I, personally, think it is only about 20% better than nothing. But there are times when that 20% of relief makes a big difference. People can figure out ways to kill themselves with anything.

^^^this is the ultimate truth :)

The agency says it soon will withdraw approval for any of those medications containing more than 325 mg of acetaminophen. It also said that it is planning new regulatory action on over-the-counter acetaminophen, but did not give details.

Nowhere does there seem to be any mention of any new research that would lead anyone to believe that it's more dangerous than previously thought. I also have a big problem with their saying "no additional benefit that outweighs the added risks ." What makes them the arbiters of what outweighs what?

You seriously posted that??

Captain Obvious has your answer: the Pure Food and Drug Act (1906) which followed the Biologics Control Act (1902) both signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt (R) which was in response to the deaths of several children from tainted vaccines. The FDA as a regulatory body was created in 1927 as the Food Drug and Insecticide organization, renamed FDA in 1930. After the public outcry over the Elixir Sulfanilamide event killed 100 people, FDA was given more teeth with the Food, Drug and Cosmeitc Act (1938).

And we did all this back in the Trans Fats thread, where some of you clowns actually tried to make the case that your freedom to ingest trans fats are being infringed. :cuckoo:

FDA's role is to require and regulate public safety in our drugs and food. It's only because of FDA that Thalidomide, which ruined the lives of over ten thousand children, was never sold here in the U.S. The same way the FAA prevents planes from flying into each other or the FCC prevents the chaos the airwaves would sound like if all you needed to have a radio or TV station was a transmitter.

Captain Obvious reporting, from the Department of Thinking Things Through...

Freaking Randbots...

Here's a stool.

Stool_19.jpg

If you stand on it, the point just might not be over your head anymore. The purpose of the FDA is not to decide the nuances of any given person's medical treatment. Weighing the benefits and potential adverse effects of a given course of treatment is something that happens between a patient and doctor. In a situation like this, it's ridiculous for the FDA to presume to be able to do so on behalf of the entire populace. For example, let's say that a patient has terminal cancer with a prognosis of approximately 6 months to live. The "risk" of liver damage becomes pretty moot.

yummy

(voice of devil on shoulder) Oh go ahead. You know you want to...

Even as we speak I'm chowing down on a barley/vegetable dish into which I tossed some "[URL="http://moroccanfood.about.com/od/maindishes/r/ras_el_hanout_recipe.htm]Ras el Hanout[/URL] Spice Mix. Onion, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, lavendar, rose petals, cayenne, cassia, galangal, mace, nutmeg, cardamom, clove... :eusa_angel:

I usually like my spices to fly solo so I can control them (and this is infested with sugar too) but this is pretty good stuff.

The guy who thinks he's the Boston light rail system might like to know none of those spices are regulated as drugs by the FDA. It is however regulated as a food, thereby obliterating my right to spread anthrax on my gruel.

Oh it forces the box to list the ingredients as well. Damn commies.

Last edited:
Nowhere does there seem to be any mention of any new research that would lead anyone to believe that it's more dangerous than previously thought. I also have a big problem with their saying "no additional benefit that outweighs the added risks ." What makes them the arbiters of what outweighs what?

You seriously posted that??

Captain Obvious has your answer: the Pure Food and Drug Act (1906) which followed the Biologics Control Act (1902) both signed into law by Theodore Roosevelt (R) which was in response to the deaths of several children from tainted vaccines. The FDA as a regulatory body was created in 1927 as the Food Drug and Insecticide organization, renamed FDA in 1930. After the public outcry over the Elixir Sulfanilamide event killed 100 people, FDA was given more teeth with the Food, Drug and Cosmeitc Act (1938).

And we did all this back in the Trans Fats thread, where some of you clowns actually tried to make the case that your freedom to ingest trans fats are being infringed. :cuckoo:

FDA's role is to require and regulate public safety in our drugs and food. It's only because of FDA that Thalidomide, which ruined the lives of over ten thousand children, was never sold here in the U.S. The same way the FAA prevents planes from flying into each other or the FCC prevents the chaos the airwaves would sound like if all you needed to have a radio or TV station was a transmitter.

Captain Obvious reporting, from the Department of Thinking Things Through...

Freaking Randbots...

Here's a stool.

If you stand on it, the point just might not be over your head anymore. The purpose of the FDA is not to decide the nuances of any given person's medical treatment. Weighing the benefits and potential adverse effects of a given course of treatment is something that happens between a patient and doctor. In a situation like this, it's ridiculous for the FDA to presume to be able to do so on behalf of the entire populace. For example, let's say that a patient has terminal cancer with a prognosis of approximately 6 months to live. The "risk" of liver damage becomes pretty moot.

Hey, you're the one who asked "what makes them the arbiters", so I told you what does. Take your medicine and be a big boy now.

yummy

(voice of devil on shoulder) Oh go ahead. You know you want to...

Even as we speak I'm chowing down on a barley/vegetable dish into which I tossed some "[URL="http://moroccanfood.about.com/od/maindishes/r/ras_el_hanout_recipe.htm]Ras el Hanout[/URL] Spice Mix. Onion, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, lavendar, rose petals, cayenne, cassia, galangal, mace, nutmeg, cardamom, clove... :eusa_angel:

I usually like my spices to fly solo so I can control them (and this is infested with sugar too) but this is pretty good stuff.

The guy who thinks he's the Boston light rail system might like to know none of those spices are regulated as drugs by the FDA. It is however regulated as a food, thereby obliterating my right to spread anthrax on my gruel.

Oh it forces the box to list the ingredients as well. Damn commies.

* big and evil hungry smiley*

time to shut off the computer, otherwise I would eat

FDA is another department that needs to be defunded...like the EPA as well...these unelected agencies are run amok...and it seems Congress hasn't the balls to do it.

Careful what you wish for, there are reasons for regulatory agencies. Sometimes I wonder if you too suffer from Mad Cow Disease (you and Denny Crane).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsIpYQ5e_g"]Best of Denny Crane - YouTube[/ame]

And people that FAIL to educate themselves of what they ingest deserve what they get. Government is not your mommy or daddy...GROW UP.

Get it?

FDA is another department that needs to be defunded...like the EPA as well...these unelected agencies are run amok...and it seems Congress hasn't the balls to do it.

Careful what you wish for, there are reasons for regulatory agencies. Sometimes I wonder if you too suffer from Mad Cow Disease (you and Denny Crane).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsIpYQ5e_g"]Best of Denny Crane - YouTube[/ame]

And people that FAIL to educate themselves of what they ingest deserve what they get. Government is not your mommy or daddy...GROW UP.

Get it?

You are truly a deranged idiot. And I apologize to deranged idiots but your bar has been lowered.

How the fuck would John Q. Public even know what he's ingesting, if not for the ingredient label mandated there by the FDA? How would he know that what's in there, even if it is listed, isn't toxic? Who the fuck is going to tell him? Ralston Purina? Grünenthal?

What a maroon... :cuckoo:

Best of Denny Crane - YouTube

Get it?

You are truly a deranged idiot. And I apologize to deranged idiots but your bar has been lowered.

How the fuck would John Q. Public even know what he's ingesting, if not for the ingredient label mandated there by the FDA? How would he know that what's in there, even if it is listed, isn't toxic? Who the fuck is going to tell him? Ralston Purina? Grünenthal?

Figure it out...Dumbass.

Where is the FDA mandated in The Constitution?

NOWHERE.

/Thread.

Where is any law mandated in the Constitution?

Where is that train in your avatar? Nowhere. Therefore we can't have trains. Or for that matter, cars or planes. Certainly we can't have an FAA that keeps those planes organized.

Argumentum Ad Ignorantium is kind of appropriate. Not everything that exists must be first named in the Constitution, ignoramus. Where in the fuck do you get these harebrained idiocies? What are you doing, staying up late to write down anything Alex Jones says?

What a maroon. You don't even know what the fucking Constitution IS.

Get it?

Figure it out...Dumbass.

Irony alert.

Obviously I already figured out that it's not happening without an FDA. You on the other hand took one, count 'em, ONE minute to read my post and figure out a nonanswer, "Figure it out". Because you don't have one. Because there isn't one.

Figure it out...Dumbass.

Irony alert.

Obviously I already figured out that it's not happening without an FDA. You on the other hand took one, count 'em, ONE minute to read my post and figure out a nonanswer, "Figure it out". Because you don't have one. Because there isn't one.
Asserted again. Grow up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsIpYQ5e_g]Best of Denny Crane - YouTube[/ame]

Denny Crane is a fictional character.

Tylenol sucks. Doesn't work. I miss my advils, but no can do any more. Now, it is heating pads, hot showers and half a vicodin if it gets really bad.

The FDA tried to put a ban on...are ya ready for it?....TUMERIC. Why? Because they wanted to own it since it is good for many medicinal purposes. However, they failed. I don't remember where I heard this...just read it on the net when I was first exploring natural remedies for my RA.

Ahhhhhh the idiot physician's assistant who replaced my doctor presctibed tumeric for treatment of my arthritis. The big problem, I don't have arthritis.

It is not 'tumeric' it is turmeric. Turmeric is a member of the ginger family. I used it years ago when I was making pickles to give them a nice color and flavor.

Forum List

Back