FCC to free internet from Obama's net neutrality rules

When Al Gore invented the internet, he made sure it was free and open to all

He did not want to have to pay for every "call" you made on the internet
You know, like the phone company did for 100 years

Could you please stop suggesting that just because someone did something that in itself is enough to hate it as being logical. Or reading a title like "Net Neutrality" and using that title instead of your knowledge of what it is to make a decision.
It makes you look stupid and not only that gets you to cheer to fuck yourself by using a Mascot to hate instead of the policy itself.

Be less stupid

How stupid is it of you to not understand what "net neutrality" means? It means exactly what it says: To level out the playing field for the internet.

Like I said you cant use the title itself to determine if its a good thing or not. Like Sleeping Gas. I love sleeping! Stop it, and go one level deeper than going Net i.e. Internet + Neutrality i.e. Neutral = Sounds good

Oh. You mean like I can't use the title "The Affordable Care Act" to judge all the good things Obamacare brought to this country?

Quit trying to read things into places where there are no things. You lefties are too easily fooled by your own doublespeak.

Yeah, just because its called something doesnt mean thats the criteria to determine if it is good or not. I think thats a reasonably simple thing that you're having trouble with

I have plenty of criteria:

1. It was implemented during Obama's Presidency.

2. President Donald J. Trump is going to make it disappear

3. America is once again greater than it was before.
It must be confusing to you that the elephant trophy ban installed by Obama was going to be lifted by Trump...but now it might not be.
After all...everything Obama did was bad and everything Trump does is good.
What a roller coaster of emotions that must be for you.

I'veheard dope fiends who describe shooting up heroine is like a warm embrace. But I would not suggest shooting up heroin based on that alone

You mean give it to big corporate to rule over and charge an arm and leg.

Beats Obama handing it over to ICANN. Why did he do that? Tell me the benefit??
The alternative was that the world would replace ICANN with something we liked even less.

:ack-1: I'll allow this copperhead to bite me because being bit by a rattlesnake would be worse... What???
ICANN can only work if the rest of the world agrees to let it. We got assurances that the new, independent ICANN will not be a tool of other countries so admit it, Obama won. Hurts don't it?

Did these big bad corporations make the computer and smart phone you're currently using?

So that means they should own the internet?

Loserterianism is all about handing everything to the 1% and the religious. Fuck having a government that is elected by the people and fuck personal freedom!
Can the 1% afford to buy and regulate the internet?

Of course they can

Did these big bad corporations make the computer and smart phone you're currently using?

Well Fios owns the fiber they installed, no? Optimum owns the crappy cable they installed, no? Verizon owns the wifi signals, no?

Do they own what passes over it?
They will

Well Fios owns the fiber they installed, no? Optimum owns the crappy cable they installed, no? Verizon owns the wifi signals, no?

Do they own what passes over it?
They will

No they don't own what passes over it

Beats Obama handing it over to ICANN. Why did he do that? Tell me the benefit??
The alternative was that the world would replace ICANN with something we liked even less.

:ack-1: I'll allow this copperhead to bite me because being bit by a rattlesnake would be worse... What???
ICANN can only work if the rest of the world agrees to let it. We got assurances that the new, independent ICANN will not be a tool of other countries so admit it, Obama won. Hurts don't it?

alang, every time Obama won, our country lost. Ask his jv team..

We got assurances? Are you serious? Is that like the assurance we got from North Korea that they wouldn't pursue a nuke? Or like the assurance that if Obama makes a gift of our RARE uranium mines to Putin, he promises to make sure none of it goes missing? (already) GAWD... :banghead:
We wouldn't be at the mercy of global ICANN bullshit UN "assurances" had the Obomb not screwed us over and given control of the internet over to them in the first place.
This is a case of, It ain't broke, but we are UN duty bound to give it away anyway, cause global rule and all....

The result will be a steady decline in freedom of speech, bans, and a steady stream of global propaganda.
Stop being so stupid. Our country is at stake. They want it all.

Well I've heard "corporations...big corporate to rule...goddamn republicans...rich rule...bastards...incoherent ramble...stupid...Mascot to hate...Be less stupid...utter ignorance...fucking moron... Loserterianism...and 1%." All from the mouths of those I'm assuming lean to the left.

But I have yet to hear a Trump supporter, a Republican, or a conservative explain to me just why net neutrality is a good thing.

Well I've heard "corporations...big corporate to rule...goddamn republicans...rich rule...bastards...incoherent ramble...stupid...Mascot to hate...Be less stupid...utter ignorance...fucking moron... Loserterianism...and 1%." All from the mouths of those I'm assuming lean to the left.

But I have yet to hear a Trump supporter, a Republican, or a conservative explain to me just why net neutrality is a good thing.

Is the Christian Coalition "conservative" enough for you?

Fast Facts for Conservatives on Net Neutrality | Christian Coalition

We'll see. The FCC Chair Ajit Pai says he simply wants to deregulate ISPs and doesn't want to impose “heavy-handed economic regulations” on them.

“We could end up disincentivizing companies from wanting to build out Internet access to a lot of parts of the country, in low-income, urban and rural areas, for example.”

The FCC could dismantle net neutrality. What does that mean?

We'll see. The FCC Chair Ajit Pai says he simply wants to deregulate ISPs and doesn't want to impose “heavy-handed economic regulations” on them.

“We could end up disincentivizing companies from wanting to build out Internet access to a lot of parts of the country, in low-income, urban and rural areas, for example.”

:lol:

"Deregulate" = let them fuck their customers up the ass.

Here's a hypothetical for you.

Let's say you're an Xfinity customer. Now, keep in mind Xfinity happens to own MSNBC.

Now, let's say you get a letter from xfinity, saying they're changing their service plans. For the same price you've been paying, they'll let you access their content from MSNBC - but if you try to stream FOX or Breitbart, you'll have to pay a "premium internet" fee.

What would you say to that?

Let's say you're an Xfinity customer. Now, keep in mind Xfinity happens to own MSNBC.

Now, let's say you get a letter from xfinity, saying they're changing their service plans. For the same price you've been paying, they'll let you access their content from MSNBC - but if you try to stream FOX or Breitbart, you'll have to pay a "premium internet" fee.

Diversity. I'd drop them and hire a different service provider. Deregulating utilities fosters competition and in America, we have many choices.

They have already sold out to the almighty buck in terms of who they cover and quality of service

They have already sold out to the almighty buck in terms of who they cover and quality of service

Tsk. Every one wants something for nothing. I'm happy paying what I do for my service and like the old saying goes, "You only get what you pay for."

FCC to Free Internet from Obama’s “Net Neutrality” Rules
WASHINGTON, D.C. – This Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, FCC Chairman Ajit V. Pai is expected to circulate to his fellow commissioners and make public a draft of a new FCC order widely anticipated to eliminate the “Net Neutrality” rules put in place under the Obama administration.
---------------------------------------------------

Just so happens to be reality news today and lets see how this goes over how pathetic is it so many issues have had to be UN-DONE from that idiot loser OBAMA the number one bastard along with Bush who tried shoving us into the NEW WORLD ORDER and a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT................ as Trump tries undoing it the idiots who worship him can't tell communism from freedom they are that brainwashed. Mansons cult followers and they don't even know it.
mmm

Love the flavor of increased freedom.

That's what I like in a Pres, increased freedoms.

Diversity. I'd drop them and hire a different service provider. Deregulating utilities fosters competition and in America, we have many choices.

You know, you might have had a point if all people had access to different internet companies. Here in Amarillo, our choices are kinda limited to just a few.

I also remember a year or so ago when Suddenlink had a big fight with Viacom and decided to drop their programming. Not only did that mean that stuff like Comedy Central and Spike channels were gone, but if you tried to access their websites to keep up with your shows, you were unable to, because Suddenlink was also blocking access to their internet sites.

Nope, we need to keep net neutrality.

Forum List

Back