FCC to free internet from Obama's net neutrality rules

Well I've heard "corporations...big corporate to rule...goddamn republicans...rich rule...bastards...incoherent ramble...stupid...Mascot to hate...Be less stupid...utter ignorance...fucking moron... Loserterianism...and 1%." All from the mouths of those I'm assuming lean to the left.

But I have yet to hear a Trump supporter, a Republican, or a conservative explain to me just why net neutrality is a good thing.

Is the Christian Coalition "conservative" enough for you?

Fast Facts for Conservatives on Net Neutrality | Christian Coalition

We'll see. The FCC Chair Ajit Pai says he simply wants to deregulate ISPs and doesn't want to impose “heavy-handed economic regulations” on them.

“We could end up disincentivizing companies from wanting to build out Internet access to a lot of parts of the country, in low-income, urban and rural areas, for example.”

The FCC could dismantle net neutrality. What does that mean?

:lol:

"Deregulate" = let them fuck their customers up the ass.

Here's a hypothetical for you.

Let's say you're an Xfinity customer. Now, keep in mind Xfinity happens to own MSNBC.

Now, let's say you get a letter from xfinity, saying they're changing their service plans. For the same price you've been paying, they'll let you access their content from MSNBC - but if you try to stream FOX or Breitbart, you'll have to pay a "premium internet" fee.

What would you say to that?

Diversity. I'd drop them and hire a different service provider. Deregulating utilities fosters competition and in America, we have many choices.

I don't know about where you live, but there's only one option for cable and internet here.

Why don't you take a minute to do some research into what your choices are?

FCC to Free Internet from Obama’s “Net Neutrality” Rules
WASHINGTON, D.C. – This Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, FCC Chairman Ajit V. Pai is expected to circulate to his fellow commissioners and make public a draft of a new FCC order widely anticipated to eliminate the “Net Neutrality” rules put in place under the Obama administration.
---------------------------------------------------

Just so happens to be reality news today and lets see how this goes over how pathetic is it so many issues have had to be UN-DONE from that idiot loser OBAMA the number one bastard along with Bush who tried shoving us into the NEW WORLD ORDER and a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT................ as Trump tries undoing it the idiots who worship him can't tell communism from freedom they are that brainwashed. Mansons cult followers and they don't even know it.
mmm

Love the flavor of increased freedom.

That's what I like in a Pres, increased freedoms.

How does ending net neutrality "increase your freedoms"?

Be specific.

Well I've heard "corporations...big corporate to rule...goddamn republicans...rich rule...bastards...incoherent ramble...stupid...Mascot to hate...Be less stupid...utter ignorance...fucking moron... Loserterianism...and 1%." All from the mouths of those I'm assuming lean to the left.

But I have yet to hear a Trump supporter, a Republican, or a conservative explain to me just why net neutrality is a good thing.

We'll see. The FCC Chair Ajit Pai says he simply wants to deregulate ISPs and doesn't want to impose “heavy-handed economic regulations” on them.

“We could end up disincentivizing companies from wanting to build out Internet access to a lot of parts of the country, in low-income, urban and rural areas, for example.”

Let's say you're an Xfinity customer. Now, keep in mind Xfinity happens to own MSNBC.

Now, let's say you get a letter from xfinity, saying they're changing their service plans. For the same price you've been paying, they'll let you access their content from MSNBC - but if you try to stream FOX or Breitbart, you'll have to pay a "premium internet" fee.

Diversity. I'd drop them and hire a different service provider. Deregulating utilities fosters competition and in America, we have many choices.

I don't know about where you live, but there's only one option for cable and internet here.

Like the internet before "net neutrality", it isn't broken. The internet works, and you don't mess with something that works. Same thing with healthcare.

Like I said before, Amarillo has limited choices, and when Suddenlink (my cable and internet provider) had a fight with Viacom over programming prices, they dropped all Viacom programming (Comedy Central, Spike, Nickelodeon, etc.).

Well, I thought I would be able to keep up with my shows by getting them on the 'net from their websites, but Suddenlink blocked their websites from their internet service. When you typed in the address, all you got was a notice telling you that Suddenlink has no ties to Viacom, and that they aren't going to carry either their programming or websites.

Like the internet before "net neutrality", it isn't broken. The internet works, and you don't mess with something that works. Same thing with healthcare.

Repeating the same buzzwords over and over isn't going to impress anyone.

Tell me exactly what you disagree with, in terms of net neutrality. Be specific.

Until you can do that, you're nothing but a shill repeating what your masters have told you.

Tell me exactly what you disagree with, in terms of net neutrality. Be specific.

Until you can do that, you're nothing but a shill repeating what your masters have told you.

Seriously? Nobody had to tell me that anything done during the Obama years needs to be undone. I kinda figured that out for myself. :biggrin:

They have already sold out to the almighty buck in terms of who they cover and quality of service

Tsk. Every one wants something for nothing. I'm happy paying what I do for my service and like the old saying goes, "You only get what you pay for."
Internet is a free space to pass information

Selling it off to the highest bidder ends that

WASHINGTON, D.C. – This Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, FCC Chairman Ajit V. Pai is expected to circulate to his fellow commissioners and make public a draft of a new FCC order widely anticipated to eliminate the “Net Neutrality” rules put in place under the Obama administration.

Just so happens to be reality news today and lets see how this goes over how pathetic is it so many issues have had to be UN-DONE from that idiot loser OBAMA the number one bastard along with Bush who tried shoving us into the NEW WORLD ORDER and a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT................ as Trump tries undoing it the idiots who worship him can't tell communism from freedom they are that brainwashed. Mansons cult followers and they don't even know it.

funny how the one actual conspiracy doesn't trouble you.

:cuckoo:

Seriously? Nobody had to tell me that anything done during the Obama years needs to be undone. I kinda figured that out for myself. :biggrin:

I see where sub literate Obama deranged loons might think that.

I see where sub literate Obama deranged loons might think that.

We have more in common than you know: You have Trump Derangement Syndrome and I have Obama Derangement Syndrome. You're the same, you and me.

Wanna meet somewhere for some heavy petting and groping? :biggrin:

Net neutrality has been dead for years now. And somehow the gigabit subscriber lines that have gone up since it died are going to be slower than 56k for content one day.

Done of you conservatives are are morons and only against something because Obama did it.

This is an issue that both liberals and conservatives should be fighting against. Internet providers shouldn't have the right to restrict speeds of websites because they are their competitors or because they feel like.

America's internet is slower than other countries and more expensive because of FCC rules and regulations.

Have fun paying $500 a month just to have a basic internet speed.

Done of you conservatives are are morons and only against something because Obama did it.

This is an issue that both liberals and conservatives should be fighting against. Internet providers shouldn't have the right to restrict speeds of websites because they are their competitors or because they feel like.

America's internet is slower than other countries and more expensive because of FCC rules and regulations.

You just made two horizontally-opposed and contradictory statements: The FCC head wants to deregulate the internet. That means fewer FCC rules and regulations.

we have gigabit servicers from our masters, how else do you get fast internet ?

mmm

Be specific.
you're convinced that the government telling business how it operates is freedom.

it isn't, but to a leftist, it magically is.

mmm

Be specific.
you're convinced that the government telling business how it operates is freedom.

It's freedom with a healthy dose of reality mixed in.

The purpose of government is to regulate. What do you think laws are?

"Murder is against the law" is a regulation.

mmm

Be specific.

It doesn't require the government, not at the level they want to regulate.

and murder?

that's seriously ignorant

mmm

Be specific.

and murder?

No, it's not "ignorant".

Think about it. Think hard.

mmm

Be specific.

you're comparing a lightly regulated, highly functioning internet to the law against murder.

you can take that level of ignorance to the patent office

and murder?

No, it's not "ignorant".

Think about it. Think hard.

You mean give it to big corporate to rule over and charge an arm and leg.

Beats Obama handing it over to ICANN. Why did he do that? Tell me the benefit??
The alternative was that the world would replace ICANN with something we liked even less.

:ack-1: I'll allow this copperhead to bite me because being bit by a rattlesnake would be worse... What???
ICANN can only work if the rest of the world agrees to let it. We got assurances that the new, independent ICANN will not be a tool of other countries so admit it, Obama won. Hurts don't it?

alang, every time Obama won, our country lost. Ask his jv team..

We got assurances? Are you serious? Is that like the assurance we got from North Korea that they wouldn't pursue a nuke? Or like the assurance that if Obama makes a gift of our RARE uranium mines to Putin, he promises to make sure none of it goes missing? (already) GAWD... :banghead:
We wouldn't be at the mercy of global ICANN bullshit UN "assurances" had the Obomb not screwed us over and given control of the internet over to them in the first place.
This is a case of, It ain't broke, but we are UN duty bound to give it away anyway, cause global rule and all....

The result will be a steady decline in freedom of speech, bans, and a steady stream of global propaganda.
Stop being so stupid. Our country is at stake. They want it all.
It is unfortunate your hatred of Obama and your ignorance of exactly what this handover really means has formed your absurd rant. But don't feel too bad, you are being manipulated by ignorant/unprincipled politicians.

Forum List

Back