Do you believe that the Internet should be a free speech Platform?

POPS applies to entities who agree to the conditions of those laws in exchange for tax benefits.
Not necessarily, but sometimes, yes.
They don’t apply to everyone everywhere.
Depends.
Furthermore, zoning is an issue because space is a limited resource.
There are MANY issues when it comes to zoning.
A pig farm next to you will affect your quality of life.
In the positive if you like pigs. :)
There is no such space limitation on the internet. It’s limitless and one website has no effect on others.
POPS law needs to be honored.

POPS laws aren't part of the Constitution
They are inextricably intertwined.
This has far more to do with state constitutions than the US Constitution

https://www.cschs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Legal-Hist-v.-14-Articles-Right-of-Free-Speech.pdf

Lloyd Corp. v.Tanner (1972), decided that the owners of a shopping center, Lloyd Center in Oregon, had the right to prohibit the distribution of political handbills unrelated to the operation of the shopping center.
Very good. :)

But situations vary, so...

It depends.

:)

They are inextricably intertwined.

Very good. :)

But situations vary, so...

It depends.

:)

You can't have it both ways.

Either the owner of a private space that may be open to the public can decide what speech is allowed or they can't

SCOTUS ruled they can.

And you haven't provided any case law that states otherwise. Just your usual non-answers

Not necessarily, but sometimes, yes.
Yes necessarily.
Not really. They only apply to very specific locations for very specific reasons.
There are MANY issues when it comes to zoning.
There is no zoning on the internet and never will be.
In the positive if you like pigs
Irrelevant.
POPS law needs to be honored.
They’re not applicable.

This forum is a lot more free compared to Instagram or YouTube, which have banned conservative speakers there for engaging in election interference.
Yes, it is. And also available are extreme partisan bait-click media websites.

I just don't see reason for complaint, is it laziness? I find the resources at my fingertips simply amazing. It has been a relatively short period of time from when the media was limited to 3 television stations, 2 newspapers (morning and evening), local radio, and national magazines. Plus, radio didn't become common until the 1930's and television the mid-1950's.

Yes, it is. And also available are extreme partisan bait-click media websites.

I just don't see reason for complaint, is it laziness? I find the resources at my fingertips simply amazing. It has been a relatively short period of time from when the media was limited to 3 television stations, 2 newspapers (morning and evening), local radio, and national magazines. Plus, radio didn't become common until the 1930's and television the mid-1950's.
Agreed there’s a massive difference between now compared to the 1950s or even 1990s. That being said today Instagram, twitter , Facebook, and YouTube alone, command millions upon millions of viewers . They are astronomical when it comes to their base which includes Democrats and Republicans. So they played a major role in the political races in America. And they are clearly on the side of Democrats. Since 2000 They have banned conservative speakers tilting the elections and political discourse in favor in that of the Democrats. So that’s a problem it’s anti Americanism and against freedom of speech. Those platforms are anti-American in that way , and they play a role in election interference.

Is this thread we discuss should freedom of speech be allowed on the Internet and we can see what posters have to say about that , whether or not they approve it. We can see that some Biden supporters are unwilling to condemn popular social media outlets for their election interference via suppression of free speech.

Is this thread we discuss should freedom of speech be allowed on the Internet and we can see what posters have to say about that , whether or not they approve it. We can see that some Biden supporters are unwilling to condemn popular social media outlets for their election interference via suppression of free speech.

I see this freedom-of-speech issue exactly as I viewed it 30 years ago when Limbaugh made conservative talk radio popular and liberals whined about their lack of access.

Ultimately people will just waste their time watching videos or playing games and abandon social media other than to watch clips rather than debate and share opinions. I see far fewer interactions even on youtube and reddit of lste, people don't feel their voices are heard so they interact less. All of us suffer from linear viewpoints.
You see fewer interactions because of the prolific use of the shadow ban. I've had benign anti mask and pro 2nd amendment comments removed and been blocked from posting in said threads on several platforms.

The left scream about fascism constantly as they partake in it.

No.

It depends.

No virtual piggies? :(

Poor little piggies!

SCOTUS will decide. :)
Wow. Impressively devoid of content.

SCOTUS won’t decide because no one is stupid enough to take this to court in the first place.

Forum List

Back