Favorite Ronald Reagan quotes

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2009
One of many, the following quote is one of my favorites

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help"
~Ronald Reagan~

What is yours?

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
~Ronald Reagan~

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -Ronald Reagan

"I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
~Ronald Reagan~

Reagan's sense of humor :lol:

"Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying."
~Ronald Reagan~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPu1UIBkBc]Reagan-Mondale debate: the age issue - YouTube[/ame]

"We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added"
~Ronald Reagan~

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
~Ronald Reagan~

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

- Ronald Reagan

"The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much."

- Ronald Reagan

"Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

- Ronald Reagan

Forum List

Back