Faith failing

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I'm finding it hard to believe in anything anymore.

If you've been tracking my progress, I've gone from Catholic to lapsed Catholic and now I'm bordering on non-believer.

The Pope said no problem on using aborted fetuses to make COVID vaccine and that might have put me over the edge towards non-belief.

I've really had it with the Catholic Church.

If you've been tracking my progress, I've gone from Catholic to lapsed Catholic and now I'm bordering on non-believer.

The Pope said no problem on using aborted fetuses to make COVID vaccine and that might have put me over the edge towards non-belief.

Cant let someone else's unbelief result in your own

It's not just the Pope. It's the way the Democrats are getting away with stealing the election and there's no one even trying to stop them. It seems that evil wins and that's just that. I'm losing faith because it seems that evil men now outnumber the good.

I've definitely felt this way myself many times his year, especially living in what has increasingly become a Godless, diabolical country. I'm just a vanilla Christian but I find it tougher to keep the Faith.

I will say this, if there is something beyond this existence, we need to hold on to the love of God for our own souls. We can't do anything about those who are what they are, whether authorities in Canada or the Pope. Don't worry about others and what they believe, find it within yourself to look after your own spiritual being.

Last edited:

It's not just the Pope. It's the way the Democrats are getting away with stealing the election and there's no one even trying to stop them. It seems that evil wins and that's just that. I'm losing faith because it seems that evil men now outnumber the good.
Your faith should give you calm in the storm. If it doesnt your eyes arent in the right place.......

I've definitely felt this way myself many times his year, especially living in what has increasingly become a Godless, diabolical country. I'm just a vanilla Christian but I find it tougher to keep the Faith.

I will say this, if there is something we need to hold on to the love of God for our own souls. We can't do anything about those who are what they are, whether authorities in Canada or the Pope. Don't worry about others and what they believe, find it within yourself to look after your own spiritual being.
My soul is like a wounded deer that's been shot up by hunters. I have no idea why I still cling to God after all the shit I've been through.

I will always believe there is a God, there is no other explanation for how the universe got here. But the loving God that Christ described -- he seems like a fantasy to me.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but it sounds like you haven't read the bible. Yes, this IS an evil world, but it's just temporary. The bible clearly states that this is a fallen world, and as time goes on, the closer we get to the end of this age, the more evil will increase.

The scriptures talk about how there will be a time of great deception, apostasy, false teachers / prophets, etc, etc. The pope is clearly an example of that.

In other words, everything happening in the world right now is biblical. But it doesn't end like that. GOOD wins over evil in the end, TRUTH wins over lies. We are getting closer and closer to the end of this age.

I'll say the same thing I said on your last thread. (which you didn't respond to.) Forget religion. Religion means nothing if it is not in harmony with truth and God's word.

Seek God, not churches... especially old corrupt churches that teach unbiblical doctrines.

God is GOOD. That's the most important thing to know. This world is corrupt and fallen.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but it sounds like you haven't read the bible. Yes, this IS an evil world, but it's just temporary. The bible clearly states that this is a fallen world, and as time goes on, the closer we get to the end of this age, the more evil will increase.

The scriptures talk about how there will be a time of great deception, apostasy, false teachers and prophets, etc, etc. The pope is clearly an example of that.

In other words, everything happening in the world right now is biblical. But it doesn't end like that. GOOD wins over evil in the end, TRUTH wins over lies. We are getting closer and closer to the end of this age.

I'll say the same thing I said on your last thread. (which you didn't respond to.) Forget religion. Religion means nothing if it is not in harmony with truth and God's word.

Seek God, not churches... especially old corrupt churches that teach unbiblical doctrines.

God is GOOD. That's the most important thing to know. This world is corrupt and fallen.
You SAY God is good but where is the proof of that? He has allowed this world to be as evil as it is. Thanks to God, children are born with birth defects and people become paraplegics.

The Democrats are prospering after four years of constantly doing wicked things.

I still believe in God, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure he's on the right side. He's certainly not on MY side.

Christ told the Apostles that if I get a divorce, I commit adultery if I remarry, and if my wife gets another man, I'm to blame for her committing adultery.

So, what the hell am I supposed to do?

The scriptures talk about how there will be a time of great deception, apostasy, false teachers and prophets, etc, etc. The pope is clearly an example of that.

You SAY God is god but where is the proof of that. He has allowed this world to be as evil as it is. Thanks to God, children are born with birth defects and people become paraplegics.

The Democrats are prospering after four years of constantly doing wicked things.

I still believe in God, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure he's on the right side.

The very concept of good and evil would be meaningless, or nonexistant, if a true good did not exist. By true good I mean a fixed, unchanging objective good. GOD is that objective standard.

Again, the reason why things aren't perfect is because this is a fallen world. It's not the way it was originally, and it's not the way it will be again one day. It's temporary. And who does the bible say is the temporary lowercase "god of this world"? Look it up.

Please read the book 'Mere Christianity' by CS Lewis. It is excellent, and a classic, and it's a great read. He goes over all these common objections that people have to God, faith, Christianity, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
As others have said.....your faith should not be dependent on others. Your faith is your relationship with God, so if you are lacking faith, you need to re-establish your relationship with Him. Do some soul searching, read the Bible and pray for guidance. If you are willing, He will show you.

You SAY God is god but where is the proof of that. He has allowed this world to be as evil as it is. Thanks to God, children are born with birth defects and people become paraplegics.

I still believe in God, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure he's on the right side.

The very concept of good and evil would be meaningless, or nonexistant, if a true good did not exist. By true good I mean a fixed, unchanging objective good. GOD is that objective standard.

Again, the reason why things aren't perfect is because this is a fallen world. It's not the way it was originally, and it's not the way it will be again one day. It's temporary. And who does the bible say is the temporary lowercase "god of this world"? Look it up.

Please read the book 'Mere Christianity' by CS Lewis. It is excellent, and a classic, and it's a great read. He goes over all these common objections that people have to God, faith, Christianity, etc.
I've read every book C.S. Lewis wrote and he convinced me, but now I am not convinced any more.

I can't see the point of creating a whole world of horrible shit happening to people on the theory that it will make us better for heaven.

It's just total bullshit to hurt people like the way God hurts us every day.

God gave me a mother who hit me every night and broke my stuff and he made me bipolar which caused my wife to leave me.

So really, what do I owe God.

Never is faith more the answer than when faith seems impossible to uphold or maintain. So what if the nights grow deeper, darker—aphotic primordial; dawn always follows the most enduring midnight hour . . . eventually. Dawn will come. Keep the faith.

Never is faith more the answer than when faith seems impossible to uphold or maintain. So what if the nights grow deeper, darker—aphotic primordial; dawn always follows the most enduring midnight hour . . . eventually. Dawn will come. Keep the faith.
My dawn isn't coming.

I have met a woman and things are still early, but I think she will be the one I spend the rest of my life with.

But to do that I have to leave the Catholic Church.

And I'm not going to find God in a Protestant Church because there's no way in hell I'll ever be a Protestant.

I still believe in God, don't get me wrong. I'm just not sure he's on the right side. He's certainly not on MY side.

Even the evil one and his minions believe God's existence.

Every Christian's faith is tested and can fall prey to the devils lies and deception. The greatest threat to Satan, is your relationship and belief in Him, His enduring love for you and Christ's sacrifice that saved you.

Nobody in this world is perfect or acceptable to the Almighty, without Christs intervention. Christ shed His blood for you, to make you acceptable to God.

If you don't believe this, then Satan has won over you.........don't let him. This is the spiritual fight and battle, that no matter how you are tempted away from Him, you must hold on to His truth.

I've read every book C.S. Lewis wrote and he convinced me, but now I am not convinced any more.

I can't see the point of creating a whole world of horrible shit happening to people on the theory that it will make us better for heaven.

He didn't create the world horrible. God created a world that was "very good", in the very beginning there was peace and harmony, but He also gave us free will. That free will (or to be more specific, our bad choices) is what has caused problems, and what caused this world to change. But without free will, we would be nothing but robots or puppets on a string. Free will is the only way that people can CHOOSE to love and obey God, willingly, from their heart... not because they were pre-programmed to.

Yes, there is bad in this world, but there is also good. Focus on the good, the blessings, not only on the bad stuff. (Although I get it, I know that can be hard especially when you're on the receiving end of bad crap people do.) But God is GOOD. I guarantee you that. Jesus gave His life for us, for you to be reconciled to God. All you have to do is believe and trust. I've been on both sides, so I can tell you without a doubt that life is infinitely better with God!

Last edited:

Not what happened,

so it turns out god is a liberal... :D
you should see what happened to you all as a divine justice, result of all your past sins... :)

Forum List

Back