Facts About Judaism

One of the flaws of religions of revelation is so called sacred texts which were written under the guise of God. And therefore, they must be completely accurate and truthful. But they were written by people based on their perceptions and contain some unreliable things (made up stories).

Let's remember the Plagues of Egypt. It is hard to imagine that these events underwent without notice of Egyptian historians of the time. But there is no mention of them in the literature.

What do the religious Jews feel about that? How is this explained?

Get someone to invite you to next year's Seder. Then you'll find out.
Or you could just answer it now.

This is a perfect example of the evasiveness I was talking about.

do you have a citation to support your contention jews have considered ten Egyptian
gods to have been failures or losers in some "battle" The model of the jewish "god" contending with ten Egyptian "gods" does not show up in any literature I have read
Research the Egyptian gods and ancient Egypt cultures and history. I am not saying that the ten plagues did not occur in the order Exodus sets forth. I don't know. Scholars speak both for and against the actual reality of the ten plagues in a row. In either case, all these are disasters that were apt to occur (more or less singly) at one time or another in Egypt.

I did not question the existence of an Egyptian religion with "gods" of this and that.
I wondered about your contention that there is a jewish belief that there was some
sort of battle between ten Egyptian "gods" and the Jewish "god" It's a new
concept for me

can you point to some actions and teachings attributable to Jesus that you
consider "clearly went against Pharisaic teachings" ? (for the sake of clarity)
-----in fact ----would some deviance from what you perceive the CARVED IN STONE
Pharisee teachings or party line-----render Jesus NOT PHARISEE?
Pointless and therefore a waste of our time. You claim to know Jesus and the Gospels intimately. This being true, you clearly have the ability to name several already. I would rather discuss why it is so important to you that Jesus be a Pharisee.

One of the flaws of religions of revelation is so called sacred texts which were written under the guise of God. And therefore, they must be completely accurate and truthful. But they were written by people based on their perceptions and contain some unreliable things (made up stories).

Let's remember the Plagues of Egypt. It is hard to imagine that these events underwent without notice of Egyptian historians of the time. But there is no mention of them in the literature.

oh----the question about the lack of mention of THE PLAGUES in the
NILE HERALD TRIBUNE-------as a seder discussion. I will be happy
to answer------the issue is not addressed. How is the fact that the
Bethlehem Morning Journal has nothing on the crucifixion of Jesus
dealt with on Easter morn or during the annual egg hunt?

Still evasive, my dear.

can you point to some actions and teachings attributable to Jesus that you
consider "clearly went against Pharisaic teachings" ? (for the sake of clarity)
-----in fact ----would some deviance from what you perceive the CARVED IN STONE
Pharisee teachings or party line-----render Jesus NOT PHARISEE?
Pointless and therefore a waste of our time. You claim to know Jesus and the Gospels intimately. This being true, you clearly have the ability to name several already. I would rather discuss why it is so important to you that Jesus be a Pharisee.

It s not important to me at all that Jesus is a Pharisee. It is, simply, a fact as
demonstrated by JESUS. He was, certainly, not a SADDUCEE and there is no
evidence at all that he was a member of any of the Hippie communes out there
in the desert. -----but considerable evidence of his being a Pharisee. The most
compelling evidence is his attack on the Temple money changers. He also quotes HILLEL incessantly

Still evasive, my dear.

I provided you with a VERY CLEAR and SPECIFIC answer. The fact that
"ten plagues" were not a topic in the comprehensive handbook of Egyptian
history written by Yul Brenner ---is not a seder topic

I was more interested in hearing you talk about it first hand.

There’s a perception here, an inaccurate one I might add, that the G-d of Abraham is cruel. What’s your response to that?

whose perception is that? that of John and Charles Wesley?? we got
their followers here?
Right on cue.

amazing ----will they be posting ----I LOVE THEIR SERMONS
I love their evasiveness.

in what way are John and Charles evasive?

Ding should know. He has a black belt in the art of it.

You don't need to set the precedent of how things should be discussed. According to you.

to what literature do you allude? the daily cairo chronicle? the NILE TIMES?
It is lame. The history of Ancient Egypt has been expored quite well, the hierogliphs deciphered, established the history of various dynasties and so on. And it is strange that there havent been found any 'official documents' (please don't equate them with leaked emails, ok) about these significant events.

you said "ancient jews" related the ten plagues to a situation of success for the
"jewish god" and lack of success for ten "Egyptian gods" (??????)
Then let me clarify. Whether the plagues happened historically precisely how Exodus describes are you claiming that Jews, who lived in Egypt, were totally unaware that the Egyptians had Ten Gods to whom they prayed to prevent precisely these ten plagues? The account in Exodus methodically notes the failures of each of these ten Gods and the success of the one God whom rescued them. Is it your hypothesis that while in Egypt, Jews lived in a vacuum and knew nothing of these gods or the petitions made to them?

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.
Easy, Adolph. Just kidding about the Adolph thing. Seriously, what could you possibly have against the Jews besides their tribal cliquish behavior and their propensity to act like assholes to outsiders.

Perhaps you would show us real life examples of this.
The pages of these forums.

Translation:You have NO evidence.
Don’t worry about it. They will show up and you can see firsthand.

Tribal or cliquish behavior is a widely human trait. That's why every big city has ethnic neighborhoods, Italian neighborhoods, Irish neighborhoods,etc. India broke up in 1947 because the Moslems wanted their own nation, separate from the Hindus.

What the blazes does that mean???????
I think it means he’s not interested in discussing Judaism because he’s super cynical to all religions.

C’mon, Sparky, give JB a chance.

But I’m interested. Do tell more.

I suggest you read the link and then ask me any questions you still have.

There’s a perception here, an inaccurate one I might add, that the G-d of Abraham is cruel. What’s your response to that?

None. That sort of philosophy is beyond my education. Ask a rabbi.
Well, what kind of things aren’t beyond your education?

Do you even believe that G-d exists?

Listen for a change. I gave you a link which describes Jews and their beliefs completely. If you are gonna refuse to even read it, I don't have time or patience for you. I will not be subject to an interrogation.

You don't need to set the precedent of how things should be discussed. According to you.
True.

And you should own your evasiveness.

Don’t evade it.

I think it means he’s not interested in discussing Judaism because he’s super cynical to all religions.

C’mon, Sparky, give JB a chance.

But I’m interested. Do tell more.

I suggest you read the link and then ask me any questions you still have.

None. That sort of philosophy is beyond my education. Ask a rabbi.
Well, what kind of things aren’t beyond your education?

Do you even believe that G-d exists?

Listen for a change. I gave you a link which describes Jews and their beliefs completely. If you are gonna refuse to even read it, I don't have time or patience for you. I will not be subject to an interrogation.
I did read it. I asked you a couple of questions from what I read.

Are you ashamed of your beliefs?

Easy, Adolph. Just kidding about the Adolph thing. Seriously, what could you possibly have against the Jews besides their tribal cliquish behavior and their propensity to act like assholes to outsiders.

Perhaps you would show us real life examples of this.
The pages of these forums.

Translation:You have NO evidence.
Don’t worry about it. They will show up and you can see firsthand.

Tribal or cliquish behavior is a widely human trait. That's why every big city has ethnic neighborhoods, Italian neighborhoods, Irish neighborhoods,etc. India broke up in 1947 because the Moslems wanted their own nation, separate from the Hindus.
Absolutely.

Forum List

Back