Expelled Oklahoma U fraternity to sue university, possibly President Boren

These kids did absolutely nothing immoral. They were joking in private among friends. The immoral actors here are the state punishing them for wrong think.
Absolutely...the only consequences these boys should endure is shame from their fellow travelers on that bus.

A good example. Let us say you are a student of a state university and you posted a video of yourself making this comment. Obviously offensive to Christians, Jews and Muslims. If you were expelled for it, would that be a violation of your first amendment rights?

Difference between holding an opinion and making a racial slur and advocating violence.

Sorry you are too dim to know the difference.

What does it that have to do with you wanting someone's entire life to be destroyed over a comment? You people kill babies in the womb but you think an off color song is the epitome of evil? You don't need to worry about how God will judge conservatives, it's the Left that is evil, demonic, and ripe for the grapes of wrath.

Those guys destroyed their own lives, no one destroyed their lives.

and fetuses aren't people.

What you right wing racist dummies seem to have forgotten is: There is no such thing as freedom of speech at a formal event of an officially sanctioned organization.
What does it that have to do with you wanting someone's entire life to be destroyed over a comment? You people kill babies in the womb but you think an off color song is the epitome of evil? You don't need to worry about how God will judge conservatives, it's the Left that is evil, demonic, and ripe for the grapes of wrath.

The answer is simple: I despise racist assholes. As to God's judgement: I'll continue to pray for your salvation from hatred and intolerance.
You despise yourself then. Save your heathen prayers to Ra. The risen Christ lives in my heart and through his shed blood on the cross, I am made right with God.

Already taken care of, I've just returned from making a sacrifice to Baal on your behalf.
I don't doubt it. Whether it's intentionally or unwittingly, Leftists serve the god of this world Satan and do his bidding.
The fruitcake must be mighty tasty with all those nuts, huh crazy man.

The answer is simple: I despise racist assholes. As to God's judgement: I'll continue to pray for your salvation from hatred and intolerance.
You despise yourself then. Save your heathen prayers to Ra. The risen Christ lives in my heart and through his shed blood on the cross, I am made right with God.

Already taken care of, I've just returned from making a sacrifice to Baal on your behalf.
I don't doubt it. Whether it's intentionally or unwittingly, Leftists serve the god of this world Satan and do his bidding.
Something tells me you have more experience with having nuts in your mouth so you tell me.

I have the freedom to call someone a cock sucking ******! These kids should be allowed back. It's the American way!!!

Oh'I almost forgot...You leftist aren't Americans but fascist.

Yes. YOu can call someone that.

And most companies will FIRE you if you do that. NOt that I think you've ever held a job.

Most universities will expel you for it. Not that i think you've ever been anywhere near higher education.

A good example. Let us say you are a student of a state university and you posted a video of yourself making this comment. Obviously offensive to Christians, Jews and Muslims. If you were expelled for it, would that be a violation of your first amendment rights?

Difference between holding an opinion and making a racial slur and advocating violence.

Uh huh. So the real difference is that one is speech you like and the other is speech you don't.

Uh huh. So the real difference is that one is speech you like and the other is speech you don't.

So you are too dim to realize the difference between hate speech and a religious opinion...

So you are too dim to realize the difference between hate speech and a religious opinion...

I'm not too dim to recognize an excuse. You don't like what they said so you don't think they have the right to say it. That's what it comes down to. That's a pretty petty reason to throw away your most important right, but perhaps you are just too dim to realize it.

Something tells me you have more experience with having nuts in your mouth so you tell me.
Do tell us all about it. What is that "something" that tells you? Experience?

What is or is not heat speech is debatable and subjective. However, "Hate Speech" is protected by the first ammendment as long as it's not a direct threat to someone.

Just had a Leftist on another thread admit that he wants all racists to be killed. I already knew they want to kill anyone who disagrees with them, but it's so rare for them to just come out and say it.

Something tells you? Probably auditory hallucinations.

I'm not too dim to recognize an excuse. You don't like what they said so you don't think they have the right to say it. That's what it comes down to. That's a pretty petty reason to throw away your most important right, but perhaps you are just too dim to realize it.

I think they have EVERY right to say it. But they'd better be ready to accept the consequences of their words.

Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't follow that you MUST do a thing. The first Amendment is not htere for racist, drunken frat boys to say something that they obviously wouldn't have said in public. It's there to allow the freedom to challenge the government.

What is or is not heat speech is debatable and subjective. However, "Hate Speech" is protected by the first ammendment as long as it's not a direct threat to someone.

Absolutely. Nothing in the First Amendment about "you get a college tuition no matter how big of a douchebag you are."
Nothing says you have to be a brained washed liberal to get a degree either.

I think they have EVERY right to say it. But they'd better be ready to accept the consequences of their words.

Just because you can do a thing, it doesn't follow that you MUST do a thing. The first Amendment is not htere for racist, drunken frat boys to say something that they obviously wouldn't have said in public. It's there to allow the freedom to challenge the government.

Bullshit. The first amendment does not say Congress shall not infringe upon the freedom to challenge the government. It shall not infringe upon free speech - period. All governments fall under that prohibition and a state university is part of the government. This is a clear violation of the first but you don't like their speech, so you don't think it applies. Racist, drunken frat boys are as entitled to protection under the Constitution as you are. Whether you like it or not.

Bullshit. The first amendment does not say Congress shall not infringe upon the freedom to challenge the government. It shall not infringe upon free speech - period. All governments fall under that prohibition and a state university is part of the government. This is a clear violation of the first but you don't like their speech, so you don't think it applies. Racist, drunken frat boys are as entitled to protection under the Constitution as you are. Whether you like it or not.

Sure, in much the same way as you have universal rights of freedom of speech in every situation, all the time.......like at your place of employment. Everyone knows you can say whatever you want there with no fear of repercussion.

Forum List

Back