Expelled Oklahoma U fraternity to sue university, possibly President Boren

Even the ACLU thinks that the University broke the rules.

If figures a fascist dickwad like you ignores process just for quick gratification.

The ACLU thought Nazis should be able to march in Skokie in front of Holocaust survivors.

There was a process. The shitheads got caught, they got expelled. things proceeded quite nicely.

Its a price we pay as a free society. Free speech is meaningless if you only support speech you agree with.

Also, they realized they would get sued for it, and backed down. It turns out even private universities fall under strict scrutiny of 1st amendment protections.

Well, no, they made the asshole take some anger management courses before they exposed his racist ass to other students.

Lol, from the standpoint of the university and the free speech haters such as yourself, going from expelled to anger management is like being told you are going to fuck Kate Upton, but at the last minute they substitute in Betty White. Its a face saving move by the university because it realizes it overstepped its bounds.

Did you ever notice that some people are more outraged at racist rich white punks getting
expelled from a university for bragging about discriminating against black people than they are at thousands of black people in Ferguson having their civil rights trashed by their own government and police force on a daily basis?

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm."

Lol, from the standpoint of the university and the free speech haters such as yourself, going from expelled to anger management is like being told you are going to fuck Kate Upton, but at the last minute they substitute in Betty White. Its a face saving move by the university because it realizes it overstepped its bounds.

If the racist thought he was in the right, he shouldn't have agreed to fucking Betty White. He should have said, "Bring me Kate Upton, Dammit!"

And we are also informed that a university is part of the government. I guess that means government employees are free to say whatever they want when ever they feel like it.
Employment is different because an employee has a boss that tells him what to do. Students take classes to complete requirements for a degree, but they are not employees of the university. The university president is not their boss.

A distinction without a constitutional difference. Your status as an employee or as a student makes no difference, because both are legally obliged to abide by the standards of the institution.
If that is so, then the university (the government) has the means to control the speech of the students or else there will be retribution. I beleive that there is a difference in being an employee and in being a student.
What you believe doesn't matter.

Its a price we pay as a free society. Free speech is meaningless if you only support speech you agree with.

I don't think any greater good is served by letting Nazis traumatize holocaust survivors... Or letting drunken frat boys sing about lynching people.

Its amazing how much horrible shit has been done to people in the name of "the greater good." Considering your posts here, I don't trust people like you to decide where that line is at, and I certainly don't trust government when it comes to speech to decide where than line is at unless strict scrutiny is applied.

If the racist thought he was in the right, he shouldn't have agreed to fucking Betty White. He should have said, "Bring me Kate Upton, Dammit!"

Not getting it, as usual.

Its amazing how much horrible shit has been done to people in the name of "the greater good." Considering your posts here, I don't trust people like you to decide where that line is at, and I certainly don't trust government when it comes to speech to decide where than line is at unless strict scrutiny is applied.

I thought pretty strict scrutiny was applied. They said what they said. They were caught on tape doing it, and there was no good reason for them to do it other than they were assholes.

EXPELLED!!!!

I'm getting it just fine. Universities have a responsibility to make it a fair experience for everyone.

this guy was an asshole on Facebook and everyone saw it.

I thought pretty strict scrutiny was applied. They said what they said. They were caught on tape doing it, and there was no good reason for them to do it other than they were assholes.

EXPELLED!!!!

I'm getting it just fine. Universities have a responsibility to make it a fair experience for everyone.

this guy was an asshole on Facebook and everyone saw it.

Again, you don't get it, with regards to strict scrutiny. For a person that hates the constitution as much as you do, I expect you to know little of it.

Who cares if he was an asshole? Being an asshole shouldn't be punishable by the government.

Again, you don't get it, with regards to strict scrutiny. For a person that hates the constitution as much as you do, I expect you to know little of it.

Who cares if he was an asshole? Being an asshole shouldn't be punishable by the government.

It should be if you MADE A CONTRACT with the government.

I made a contract with the government when I enlisted in the US Army. THere were a whole bunch of things I agreed to. Probably violated a whole bunch of "amendments".

These students made an agreement. Pay us tuition, don't do anything that makes us look bad.

We give you an education.

Part of that was a bit too much for drunken frat boys.

It should be if you MADE A CONTRACT with the government.

I made a contract with the government when I enlisted in the US Army. THere were a whole bunch of things I agreed to. Probably violated a whole bunch of "amendments".

These students made an agreement. Pay us tuition, don't do anything that makes us look bad.

We give you an education.

Part of that was a bit too much for drunken frat boys.

Enlisting in the armed forces is a known and painfully detailed exception, due to the need of military discipline, something that is not applicable to other federal jobs, and most certainly not applicable to students at a public university.

Enlisting in the armed forces is a known and painfully detailed exception, due to the need of military discipline, something that is not applicable to other federal jobs, and most certainly not applicable to students at a public university.

Enrolling in college doesn't require discipline?

Do you think there are other federal jobs where they won't fire you if you start singing about lynching N-words?

Enrolling in college doesn't require discipline?

Do you think there are other federal jobs where they won't fire you if you start singing about lynching N-words?

Not military discipline, which is why people who enlist in the military have to lose certain rights, but only in certain conditions.
And considering federal employees have a union, you would have a hard time firing one of them for that.

You are comparing apples to the empty hole that is where your brain is supposed to reside.

Not military discipline, which is why people who enlist in the military have to lose certain rights, but only in certain conditions.
And considering federal employees have a union, you would have a hard time firing one of them for that.

You are comparing apples to the empty hole that is where your brain is supposed to reside.

No, you are trying to use the First Amendment to cover things it doesn't apply to.

Forum List

Back