Expelled Oklahoma U fraternity to sue university, possibly President Boren

And we are also informed that a university is part of the government. I guess that means government employees are free to say whatever they want when ever they feel like it.

And we are also informed that a university is part of the government. I guess that means government employees are free to say whatever they want when ever they feel like it.
Employment is different because an employee has a boss that tells him what to do. Students take classes to complete requirements for a degree, but they are not employees of the university. The university president is not their boss.

Employment is different because an employee has a boss that tells him what to do. Students take classes to complete requirements for a degree, but they are not employees of the university. The university president is not their boss.

A distinction without a constitutional difference. Your status as an employee or as a student makes no difference, because both are legally obliged to abide by the standards of the institution.

Just had a Leftist on another thread admit that he wants all racists to be killed. I already knew they want to kill anyone who disagrees with them, but it's so rare for them to just come out and say it.

Racists are bad people. Why do you defend them?
Not wanting to kill them is defending them?

You need to pay better attention. I attack them regularly on this site with a unchecked viciousness. I don't let these assholes blend in with conservatives like they have a talent to do. Ask Steve McGarrett or Politichic or any other white supremacist camouflaged as a conservative.

A distinction without a constitutional difference. Your status as an employee or as a student makes no difference, because both are legally obliged to abide by the standards of the institution.
If that is so, then the university (the government) has the means to control the speech of the students or else there will be retribution. I beleive that there is a difference in being an employee and in being a student.

Just had a Leftist on another thread admit that he wants all racists to be killed. I already knew they want to kill anyone who disagrees with them, but it's so rare for them to just come out and say it.

Racists are bad people. Why do you defend them?
Not wanting to kill them is defending them?

You need to pay better attention. I attack them regularly on this site with a unchecked viciousness. I don't let these assholes blend in with conservatives like they have a talent to do. Ask Steve McGarrett or Politichic or any other white supremacist camouflaged as a conservative.
People have a constitutional right to be assholes with their speech. If we don't defend that right we become assholes ourselves.

Also, the denial of goverment services to someone due to content of their speech is a violation of their 1st ammendment rights. I find it odd that many of the same people that would say that the 1st ammendment applies to public colleges applies with issues of religion are arguing that it does not apply in regards to unpopular speech when both are covered by the same ammendment, the first,

For example, would it be allowable for students to be expelled because they are devil worshipers? I don't think so, because of the first ammendment.

Last edited:
Bullshit. The first amendment does not say Congress shall not infringe upon the freedom to challenge the government. It shall not infringe upon free speech - period. All governments fall under that prohibition and a state university is part of the government. This is a clear violation of the first but you don't like their speech, so you don't think it applies. Racist, drunken frat boys are as entitled to protection under the Constitution as you are. Whether you like it or not.

Well, no, it doesn't. Enrollment is not a right, it's a privilage.

Actually, employment and enrollment are very much the same in that they are contracts between the individual and the institution. There are requirements placed on both sides. Hence, why the university has the aforementioned "Code of COnducts" that Frat boys violated by making the university a NATIONAL disgrace.

Actually, employment and enrollment are very much the same in that they are contracts between the individual and the institution. There are requirements placed on both sides. Hence, why the university has the aforementioned "Code of COnducts" that Frat boys violated by making the university a NATIONAL disgrace.

Not true, and especially not true at public universities, which as areas of learning and debate, have been held to a higher standard of academic and speech freedoms.

Bullshit. The first amendment does not say Congress shall not infringe upon the freedom to challenge the government. It shall not infringe upon free speech - period. All governments fall under that prohibition and a state university is part of the government. This is a clear violation of the first but you don't like their speech, so you don't think it applies. Racist, drunken frat boys are as entitled to protection under the Constitution as you are. Whether you like it or not.

Well, no, it doesn't. Enrollment is not a right, it's a privilage.

At a public university it is a privilege that cannot be revoked due to a persons use of their first amendment rights.

Not true, and especially not true at public universities, which as areas of learning and debate, have been held to a higher standard of academic and speech freedoms.

Well, you can tell that to the Frat Boys sitting at home right now, who've been expelled and are never coming back... heh, heh, heh....

Score another one for the good guys.

Even the ACLU thinks that the University broke the rules.

If figures a fascist dickwad like you ignores process just for quick gratification.

At a public university it is a privilege that cannot be revoked due to a persons use of their first amendment rights.

Well, no, actually, it can.

They've expelled students for shit they've written on facebook.

Syracuse reverses course after expelling student for Facebook post - FIRE

Syracuse University, commonly referred to as Syracuse, 'Cuse, or SU,[7]is a private research university located in Syracuse, New York.

Also, they realized they would get sued for it, and backed down. It turns out even private universities fall under strict scrutiny of 1st amendment protections.

Forum List

Back