EVs are literally pieces of crap after the first fender bender!

I drive a KIA NIRO with a range of 239-Miles.
HaHa. Have you actually TRIED to go 239 miles in one filling?!

I drive a zero emissions vehicle.
Yes, no emissions while driving it. All the emissions come from the extensive mining of rare minerals overseas with child labor, the manufacturing of the batteries, the production of the electricity to run it on, and the extensive emissions trying to recycle the batteries and cars once the car is through. Ugly, expensive, short lived, costly to insure, costly to repair, which ends up polluting as much or perhaps even more in the big picture, especially when you have an accident. An overpriced shitcan---- sounds just right for you.

Oh, every time I drive the ARCO in Mill Valley, looking at that long line of cars and trucks and see the cost of just one gallon of gas I laugh my ass off.
You must live in an area with just one gas station. They are everywhere here and a gallon of gas even now is only about $3 something a gallon. And 80 pounds of gasoline (a $40 tankful) can take me farther than your 1000 pound battery (which costs you $20,000)! You are basically hauling around a ton of dead weight. Idiot.

Tesla doesn't weigh more than other larger luxury cars.

Except they aren't a larger luxury car. They are the size and look of a Saturn, what I consider a compact economy shitbox, and Teslas and most EVs are not LUXURY. If you don't agree then you need to ride in a real luxury car, Teslas have no compartments inside to even store much stuff in.

People also seem to forget how dangerous it is to drive an EV through standing water in the roadway. That shit gets into that battery and your ass is going up in flames. ICE cars, as long as it doesn't get into the engine intake, can keep on rollin'.

I am NOT paying hi gasoline cost.
NO ONE was paying high gasoline costs until Joe Biden got in and drove the cost up attacking energy, oil and pushing his artificial green agenda. Meanwhile the guy DRIVES A FUCKING CORVETTE.

I do NOT worry about shit head trying to steal my catalytic converter
Does ANYONE worry about their catalytic converter being stolen? What, do you think you just reach underneath and TAKE IT?

, because I am not pumping out toxic pollutants .
Sure you are.

I do not wait in long gas lines.
I haven't seen a long gas line since Jimmy Carter was in office.

I know the range of my vehicle and charge every chance I can get.
I never even think about the range of my ICE car because when the needle reachs E, I just pull into the nearest gas station and fill back up in 5 minutes for about $40, with no need to constantly be charging my car, worried about the temperature, or planning out my route so that I can get to the next charging station.

The farthest I've driven is 225-Miles, and still had charge left in the battery. The shortest I've driven 1.5 Miles.

What is it you fucking Cons hate so fucking much about Electric Vehicles, other than the fact that unlike you I've NOT a slave to big oil.

I am NOT driving a vehicle that spues out toxic emissions. I do not have to worry my catalytic converter being stolen, because my vehicle does not need one.

My daily use is usually around 25-Miles, which means I do not have to charge as often. Nor do I have to go to the Mill Valley ARCO at 5:30 in the morning to fill my tank.

I fail to see why you people are so fucking against EV's. IF I have to drive as far as L.A. or San Diego, I do a RON (Remain Over Night) and continue after that. I am able recharge and drive on. I am harming no one, I am NOT polluting the air. I am NOT wasting money on a diminishing resource (Gas). I save money. What the fuck is so fucking wrong with that.

What exactly pisses you the fuck off so fucking goddamn much?

You people are the first to bitch about high gas prices, which NOT my problem.

Last edited:
Yea, a track record of making junk.

I'd have gone for a used Fit over a Versa.

"Overall the Nissan Versa reliability is 40 and that makes it not very reliable"

See, I was in the market in 2012 and bought a Fiesta. It was great until half the radio went out 3 weeks after the warranty expired. Other than that, it's been trouble free. It does have the 5 speed though, not the horrible automatic.

I mean it's a plastic car. Just take care of it. I guess it'll last a little while. Certainly better than any EV on the market and you can buy 6 disposable Versas for the cost of one Tesla.
The Versa was reconfigured and upgraded in 2020. I expect to get 300k miles.

I'll also bet that the Tesla would beat your Challenger in the 1/4 mile. EV's are faster off the line and have better acceleration than ICE engines.
So...what EV does 300mph in 4 seconds again? What runs the quarter mile in 7 flat at 200+mph, after 1000 street miles?

Yes, no emissions while driving it. All the emissions come from the extensive mining of rare minerals overseas with child labor, the manufacturing of the batteries, the production of the electricity to run it on, and the extensive emissions trying to recycle the batteries and cars once the car is through. Ugly, expensive, short lived, costly to insure, costly to repair, which ends up polluting as much or perhaps even more in the big picture, especially when you have an accident. An overpriced shitcan---- sounds just right for you.

I find it really funny when you guys talk about all the emissions that go into building an EV, yet say nothing about all the emissions that go into the air building an ICE vehicle. Takes a lot of energy that produces emissions to make an ICE vehicle as well.

Does ANYONE worry about their catalytic converter being stolen? What, do you think you just reach underneath and TAKE IT?

Actually, there are quite a few cars out there where it's fairly easy (and reasonably quick) to use a sawsall to remove the converter and be on your way. Yes, there are certain cars out there that have their converters stolen quite easily. There were several news reports just a few months ago about the uptick in catalytic converters being stolen off of cars here in Columbia SC, and it's happening all over the country. It's even happened to the extent that some companies are coming out with after market shielding to stop thieves from stealing them off your car.

Last edited:
So...what EV does 300mph in 4 seconds again? What runs the quarter mile in 7 flat at 200+mph, after 1000 street miles?

What production ICE vehicle does what you said, as well as how much would a car like that cost? Sorry, but you are pulling out extreme examples.

And yes, while an ICE vehicle may have a higher top end, it's the electric vehicles that have the fastest acceleration. Here's an interesting article from Car and Driver.........

Generally speaking, electric motors make their maximum torque at 0 rpm; this makes their acceleration feel more instantaneous at low speeds than gas-powered c. EVs are often quicker than gasoline cars, but they're not always faster. This means that they can go from, say, 30 to 50 mph far more quickly but that their top speeds are often lower than gas cars'.

And just recently, an ICE vehicle beat an EV. The Rimac Nevera (an EV) up until recently was the fastest production vehicle, but was just barely edged out by the Pininfarina Battista recently.

The 1,900-horsepower Pininfarina Battista is now, officially, the fastest-accelerating production car in the world. After quarter-mile tests in India, the car managed to edge out the Rimac Nevera’s blistering 8.582-second drag strip time by just a few hundredths, setting an 8.55-second record.

And...............if you want to know more about the Rimac Nevera, here's a link.............

But, you're pulling out extreme examples of the fastest cars out there that the average (and in most cases, many of the above average) persons won't be able to afford.

Ever think that shooting a round into an ICE engine isn't good either? Way to pull out a very far fetched example.
There are reports that there are issues when the batteries are reached. The chemicals inside react. With ICE, for the most part, only in movies and TV shows do the cars explode or massive fires erupt.

I find it really funny when you guys talk about all the emissions that go into building an EV, yet say nothing about all the emissions that go into the air building an ICE vehicle. Takes a lot of energy that produces emissions to make an ICE vehicle as well.

ICE cars are made of out mostly steel made from recycled metal, far less pollution than mining cobalt, lithium and all the other precious minerals out of the ground needed for an EV.

Actually, there are quite a few cars out there where it's fairly easy (and reasonably quick) to use a sawsall to remove the converter and be on your way.

My car is parked nowhere that a person could take a sawzall, climb under, and spend 5 minutes noisily trying to cut it out of my exhaust. Now you are just grasping at stupid straws.

HaHa. Have you actually TRIED to go 239 miles in one filling?!

Have YOU ever driven 239-Miles and how much of your budget was for gasoline? How many times did you have to stop for gas, and much gas did you waste as you waited in line for the next over-priced gas pump.

My milage is based on speed (on U.S. 5-the posted speed limit is 65, on 101 the posted speed limit is 55). Time of day (my wife and I usually leave for a long distance drive at around 4:30 in the morning).

We usually stop for breakfast between 6:30 and 7:00 in the morning and use the charging station while we are eating.

I do not need to budget for gas, you do. I do not have find the nearest pump when fuel tank is 1/4 of tank left, you do. I do not waste time in line at a gas pump, you do. I am NOT putting toxic pollutants, you do. I do not have to worry about someone trying to steal my catalytic converter, you do (with that theft comes a months long waiting list and the over $5,000.00 you will have pay out to replace the catalytic converter that was stolen in the first fucking place). What will you drive while waiting for that new expensive catalytic converter, car rentals are very expensive.

Is there a learning curve to driving an EV, of course. But in the end it is worth and no more difficult than learning how to use an induction/confection stove which uses less electricity and cooks faster than standard electric stove and at a lower temp.

Oil and Gas are a non-renewable source of fuel. Once their gone, their gone. There also the fact that as of now, there is one and one only planet Earth, once Earth gone we have no where for humans to go. There next crewed mission to land the Moon is at least two years from now and colonizing the Moon what happen for at least 100 - 150 Years.

A crewed landing on Mars will not happen at least another 10 - 15 years and colonizing won't be feasible for at 175-Years or longer. We are stuck here for the foreseeable future. Regardless of what you believe, Climate Change is real. Polar Icecaps are melting and Glaciers are disappearing. Sea Level rise will happen, no matter what you think. Polluting the air kills us all. You do not want to believe it, I do not give shit. You think you can ignore the problem and you're so fucking screwed it is not funny.

Do not attack me for driving an EV. It is my choice, you do not like so the fuck what.

Have YOU ever driven 239-Miles and how much of your budget was for gasoline?
Many times far more. I used to regularly drive over 300 miles to my destination and not have to stop once for gas.

How many times did you have to stop for gas, and much gas did you waste as you waited in line for the next over-priced gas pump.
Never had to wait in any lines.

My milage is based on speed
Your mileage is based on fiction under ideal conditions that actual EV owners have proven are far off.

I do not need to budget for gas, you do.
I have never budgeted for gasoline. It was always an inconsequential cost of traveling. Bottom line is that EVs are little shit boxes with limited features inside that are ridiculously expensive to buy, expensive to insure, and very costly to maintain, very limited range, almost no place to plug them in, takes forever to recharge them, can burst into intense fires without warning, depend on child slave labor, end up polluting as much as a gas car, and if you get one in a fender bender, will likely be a total loss, thus, completely destroying any illusion of "saving the planet."

My car is parked nowhere that a person could take a sawzall, climb under, and spend 5 minutes noisily trying to cut it out of my exhaust. Now you are just grasping at stupid straws.

Just because you park YOUR car in a safe place when you are done with your day, doesn't mean that everyone else has that same kind of safety. And.............it doesn't just happen to cars that are parked for the night, thieves have been able to take them off of cars during the day as well, while people were shopping or taking care of their day to day business in town. And no, I'm not just grasping at straws.

Here's what Kelly Blue book has to say about it, as well as what the top cars are for having them stolen............

How Do Thieves Get Them?

The motive, then, is obvious. The method? Thieves slide under a car and saw it out. With a battery-powered reciprocating saw, it can usually be done in under a minute.

The process is loud, so your garaged car or your truck parked in a crowded place is probably safe. And low-to-the-ground cars are safe from all but the slimmest thieves.

But a big catalytic converter high off the ground is a juicy target.

And, here's some other articles talking about how it's become a pretty concerning crime...................

As well as an Amazon link where they are selling anti theft products to prevent catalytic converters from being stolen............

Theft of catalytic converters is a bit more prevalent than you appear to think.

Forum List

Back