EVs are literally pieces of crap after the first fender bender!

Absolutely and I don't care. I like having a pickup truck.

I am a retired Environmental Engineer. I had a 30 year career cleaning up pollution and creating pollution abatement programs.

I did a lot more than 99.999% of the people on earth to protect the environment and me driving the Tundra 31K miles in ten years has absolutely no effect on the environment.

I have no idea of your background and I'm speaking in general terms.
You well may have.

But how can ANYONE who is reasonable disagree with my premise? (even if there are valid exceptions)

I just bought a Nissan Versa and I intend to drive it for ten years.
EV’s are actually EVS cars. Electric virtue signalers.

Good luck with that. Should have gone with a Honda Fit. The Versa has low build quality. I doubt it will last 10 years but good luck.

Flash,

I would bet you that 99% of the time, you drive that V8 Tundra alone, and with no load.
At least that is the case the VAST majority of the time with most people.

I get that you like the Big Truck.
I get that you like the power.
I get that you like the comfort.
I get that you like the towing capability (WHEN you need it)

But the problem is 10's of millions of people are driving around in big vehicles like that every day ALONE and carrying NO LOAD.
My assertion is that we need to look into the future. We need to understand fossil fuels aren't unlimited forever.
We need to understand that burning less fossil fuel is a good thing (even though there is no need to be a climate alarmist)

We are being short sighted and hedonistic to not consider it.
I have a pick-up and drive around most of the time with just me.
What a great feeling our freedoms give me.

When we get serious with Russia/China/India and their pollution, I will get serious with mine.
Our country has made great strides in pollutant reduction, we've done our share.
Time for others to step up to the plate, right?

The weight of the vehicle can create more wear on a tires, and EV's usually do weigh more.

As do all heavier cars so there really is no difference here. Tesla doesn't weigh more than other larger luxury cars.

We did this once here.

OK, Yep. you are one of the low IQ morons here I mentioned.
Certified wanker.

We'll see you back here soon crying because your diesel is $15/gal and your Regular is $8.00/gal
Absolutely ZERO ability to think ahead. Like most. Avg idiot.

Son, if diesel goes to 15 dollars a gallon, your EV or lack of one will be the least of your concerns.

The shelves will be empty. Trucking companies will shut down or the cost of your goods will be astronomical.

EVs are literally pieces of crap after the first fender bender !​

~ I had conversation with a paint/ body shop owner who agreed with this statement. Difficult to get parts, poor fit & finish, wire loom issues etc. TESLA was the most problematic in this regard. :icon_rolleyes:
As do all heavier cars so there really is no difference here. Tesla doesn't weigh more than other larger luxury cars.

We did this once here.

' Electric vehicles are typically much heavier than even the largest trucks and SUVs that are powered by gasoline or diesel.'
• Jan 11, 2023

/----/Companies are already repurposing and recycling EV batteries.

How Recycling Works​

Many of the components and raw materials that make up lithium-ion batteries are difficult to obtain and still have considerable value, even if the battery is no longer functioning. There are different methods used by different companies, but the basic premise is that the battery is made inert to prevent any injuries or fires and is shredded, melted, or soaked in acid to extract the raw materials. These materials are separated and refined, then sold back into the market to be used to produce new batteries. Most companies that specialize in this process claim to be able to recover up to 95 percent of the raw materials, including cobalt, nickel and lithium.
all well and good, still does not address the issue of small auto accidents making the whole car totalled due to the battery

We did this once here.
#1 the same size cars as the Tesla is what we are talking about, and the Tesla's weight will increase tire wear.

#2 the larger heavier gas cars has more tire wear than the smaller gas cars.

You were comparing apples to oranges to make your point.

I have no idea of your background and I'm speaking in general terms.
You well may have.

But how can ANYONE who is reasonable disagree with my premise? (even if there are valid exceptions)

The concept is Liberty.

I am quite capable of making my own decisions on protecting the environment. I don't need somebody else deciding what I have to do or not do..

I don't want somebody else telling me I can't have a big ole tuck if I want one.

In my particular case being a professional Environmental Engineer I am more qualified than most people on earth to determine if something has an impact on the Environment or not. My Trundra has no impact. I don't need other people less qualified than me making a decision for me.

Tires don't spin on a Tesla.
How does it move, then, levitation?

ScreenShot_20230320093519.png

Last edited:
#1 the same size cars as the Tesla is what we are talking about, and the Tesla's weight will increase tire wear.

I wasn't comparing anything.

Tesla. 113 wheelbase. 4064 lbs.

Cadillac 115 wheelbase 3685 lbs.

I really doubt this influences a buying decision.

That's how the left works. They cant win the argument straight out, so they twist and turn and move the goalposts so much that by the time you finish your argument about electric vehicles you're arguing about gun rights.

1. It is just a question of time before some entrepreneurs start to REPAIR worn-out EV batteries. Test each cell and replace the ones that need replacement. Rather than replacing the entire battery back for a five-figure repair, just replace what is necessary every three or four years (after the first replacements). By the time your 2022 Tesla needs a new battery, there will be a neighborhood shop that will replace the worn out cells for a couple hundred dollars.

2. Body work on Tesla's is near impossible because they are making body parts for NEW CARS that are in great demand. When they have lots filled with un-sold cars they will make body panels for repairs. Don't blame them for their success.

3. Our infrastructure is filled with electric motors and batteries that last for DECADES and we don't give it a second thought. Elevators, subway cars, nuclear submarines, machines, etc. Fretting about the lifespan of electric motors and batteries is just silly. Think about the radiators, exhaust systems, and other parts of an ICE car that don't even exist on an EV, that will never break down or require replacement. Catalytic converter, anyone?

4. The fuel economy equivalent of most EV's is near 100 mpge. That is REAL money-savings as contrasted with an ICE vehicle. And 95% of your "fill-ups" are going to take place in your garage while you sleep at night. Most of the complaints on the internet are bullshit.

I wasn't comparing anything.

Tesla. 113 wheelbase. 4064 lbs.

Cadillac 115 wheelbase 3685 lbs.

I really doubt this influences a buying decision.

Nice job making up numbers.

The 2023 Tesla Model X weighs almost 5400lbs.

Model X. Tesla's Model X comes in two different trims: The Long Range and the new Model X Plaid which weigh more than any other models in the Tesla lineup. The Model X Long Range weighs 5,185 pounds, while the Model X Plaid and its three motors will weigh 5,390 pounds.

On the other hand, a Ford Fusion, a car of about the same size, weighs 3800lbs.

HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

Last edited:
Nice job making up numbers.

The 2023 Tesla Model X weighs almost 5400lbs.

Model X. Tesla's Model X comes in two different trims: The Long Range and the new Model X Plaid which weigh more than any other models in the Tesla lineup. The Model X Long Range weighs 5,185 pounds, while the Model X Plaid and its three motors will weigh 5,390 pounds.

On the other hand, a Ford Fusion, a car of about the same size, weighs 3800lbs.

HUGE FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

The model X is Teslas $100,000 SUV. No one is comparing it with a Ford Fusion.

1. It is just a question of time before some entrepreneurs start to REPAIR worn-out EV batteries. Test each cell and replace the ones that need replacement. Rather than replacing the entire battery back for a five-figure repair, just replace what is necessary every three or four years (after the first replacements). By the time your 2022 Tesla needs a new battery, there will be a neighborhood shop that will replace the worn out cells for a couple hundred dollars.

2. Body work on Tesla's is near impossible because they are making body parts for NEW CARS that are in great demand. When they have lots filled with un-sold cars they will make body panels for repairs. Don't blame them for their success.

3. Our infrastructure is filled with electric motors and batteries that last for DECADES and we don't give it a second thought. Elevators, subway cars, nuclear submarines, machines, etc. Fretting about the lifespan of electric motors and batteries is just silly. Think about the radiators, exhaust systems, and other parts of an ICE car that don't even exist on an EV, that will never break down or require replacement. Catalytic converter, anyone?

4. The fuel economy equivalent of most EV's is near 100 mpge. That is REAL money-savings as contrasted with an ICE vehicle. And 95% of your "fill-ups" are going to take place in your garage while you sleep at night. Most of the complaints on the internet are bullshit.

1. Nice made up situation. The cost of doing this will be incredible.

2. It doesn't matter WHY body work is impossible on a car. But if it is, a fender bender becomes a death knell.

3. We can't support millions of electric vehicles. We do NOT have the electrical grid to handle it.

4. Only if you live a short distance from work will an EV be practical. Good luck on that cross country trip. Every 250 miles you'll have to stop for 8 hours to recharge. Meanwhile the guy with the ICE vehicle can go twice as far and refuel in 10 minutes.

Yea, that'll catch on.

The model X is Teslas $100,000 SUV. No one is comparing it with a Ford Fusion.

Tesla Model S is identical to a Ford Fusion in size and weights 4766lbs. Almost 1000lbs more.

Quit making up numbers to try to make your argument valid. Only the absolute smallest Model 3 with the least features and motors weighs 3600lbs. That car is the size of a Ford Fiesta. Which weighs about 2800lbs.

Tesla Model S is identical to a Ford Fusion in size and weights 4766lbs. Almost 1000lbs more.

Quit making up numbers to try to make your argument valid.

A Model S is again $100,000. No one is comparing them to a Ford Fusion.

Forum List

Back