EVs are literally pieces of crap after the first fender bender!

Right. Thanks for proving my point. Too many stupid humans as I said.
Maybe we need stronger laws and enforcement on lane hoggers while at it?

What you pointed out IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CAR.
those laws are in place, not enforced. Nothing like the site of an EV when plowed by a large truck, cremation is unnecessary

I'm a V8 and V10 guy.... fuck those foolish EV toys...

And yes, this kind of thinking is the prodigal son of the modern, no concern for the future wankers.

If everyone else had an 3cyl, all you would need is a 4 cyl for daily commuting.
Humans would have to get MUCH smarter to deal with a world of limited resources and conserving energy.

AND HUMANS ARE NOT, AND ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT SMART.

And yes, this kind of thinking is the prodigal son of the modern, no concern for the future wankers.

If everyone else had an 3cyl, all you would need is a 4 cyl for daily commuting.
Humans would have to get MUCH smarter to deal with a world of limited resources and conserving energy.

AND HUMANS ARE NOT, AND ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT SMART.
Some us prefer trouble free commutes with decent trade in values, not something I can get from a 4 cyl car

those laws are in place, not enforced. Nothing like the site of an EV when plowed by a large truck, cremation is unnecessary

Play stupid games....win stupid prizes.
If someone gets flattened because they thought it was a good idea to brake check a semi then I say to them....good riddance.

But unfortunately, you missed the entire point of my post. (and so will almost everyone else) <hint>

I can't get to the airport and back on one charge, so fuck you. I get 22 in a 1/2 ton pick up and don't have to worry about fighting for a plug at the hotel while getting almost 800 miles on one tank of gas. EVs suck and the cost of ownership is horrendous,

EVs are getting better, though. Their charging infrastructure is starting to develop as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the grid in a few years time when it gets stressed by thousands of people charging their cars at night. Rolling blackout time.

I can trade for $5,000-$6000 every 4 years and I like that.

Would agree that resale is a potential problem with EVs, especially since manufacturers are deliberately going out of their way to reduce the price of new cars. If you bought a $TSLA a year or two ago for, say, $70,000, ole Elon just fucked your resale value. Ford is trying to cut the price to compete and they're willing to lose money per unit to do it. EVs are in a weird space where the push seems to be to condition new car buyers to think electric over ICE.

I drive a KIA NIRO with a range of 239-Miles. You drive a gas guzzling internal combustion engine vehicle that requires you to fill the gas tank every other week or so. I drive a zero emissions vehicle. Your pollutes the air around us.

Oh, every time I drive the ARCO in Mill Valley, looking at that long line of cars and trucks and see the cost of just one gallon of gas I laugh my ass off.

I charge my vehicle at home, in my garage. You stand in the wind, rain and snow.

Grow the fuck up.

I like EV vehicles. Yes, I fill my ICE car up still because an EV is not really in the cards for me. It's just the way it is. I have a one car garage. My old car is in it. My garage is over the hill under the house. Not the best situation for a car in the winter so our daily gets parked out front of the house. Not a good place to put a charger.

It's stupid to condemn anyone for doing what they like and what works best for them.

This post is off limits to stupid people. DO NOT EVEN READ IT IF YOUR IQ IS LOWER THAN YOUR SHOE SIZE.
(You won't understand it and might even think it's funny)

I don't think EV's were ever actually meant to replace ICE vehicles.
What they ARE is a vehicle to install greater control over the common man.
Hydrogen powered cars are receiving almost zero media attention.....because that would be a REAL solution but would not provide the control desired.

Another glaring but ALWAYS ignored solution is.......
To stop making ICE vehicles with excessive power and make them with just enough power to do the job.
Why the hell does a single mom's Camry need 300HP to take the kids to school and go get groceries?
And why does the young man need a 460HP Mustang to get to work?
There are billions of barrels of fossil fuels WASTED every year because a vehicle that only needs 60HP has 400HP.
We DO NOT NEED 800HP passenger cars being driven around with ONE PERSON in them. Massive waste of resources.

Humans are so arrogant and hedonistic they can't see the obviousness of it.
The actual supply of crude oil and fossil fuels in pools of reserves in the Earth is NOT unlimited. Yet it is being used as though it IS unlimited.
At some time in the future human kind will run out of fossil fuels because of present day stupidity instead of adopting a far more conservative use of fossil fuels and extending their availability perhaps thousands of years into the future while simultaneously lowering emissions.
Why the hell are humans so God Damned stupid?!?!

Realistically, interstate travel for a family of 5 could be accomplished in a 75HP vehicle with a small 3 cyl engine just as timely and comfortably as a vehicle doing the exact same thing but with 300-500hp. The excess power is just human vanity and excess.
No one wants to deal with the obvious. It's too lucrative to satisfy human arrogance and excess.

Only trucks and commercial vehicles hauling cargo and certain passenger vehicles towing heavy loads need all that extra power and THAT small requirement could be met with dedicated purpose electric motors.

No, there is absolutely ZERO real desire to "save the planet". It's all a scam pulled over the eyes of the limited thinkers for the purpose of controlling you and everyone else.
To a certain extent you are correct, there is no real need for being able to accelerate from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds or to lead a police chase at 120+ mph. I would ensure, however, that cars have enough horsepower to pass slower cars on two lane roads safely (read quickly) and be able to maintain speed in hilly or mountainous terrain. I owned one of the early Hyundai's with a very small engine for a few months and got very tired of topping hills on the highway at 55 mph. That family of 5 does need enough horsepower to move the entire family plus all their luggage at highway speeds.

OK, Yep. you are one of the low IQ morons here I mentioned.
Certified wanker.

We'll see you back here soon crying because yoir diesel is $15/gal and your Regular is $8.00/gal
Absolutely ZERO ability to think ahead. Like most. Avg idiot.
that is still cheaper than at $75k EV that is totalled because the battery is scratch. You need to learn about the "COMPLETE COST" of ownership or stay out of thread clearly above your pay grade sonny

that is still cheaper than at $75k EV that is totalled because the battery is scratch. You need to learn about the "COMPLETE COST" of ownership or stay out of thread clearly above your pay grade sonny

So, you admit you couldn't comprehend my post. Not even close.

Got it. :itsok:

I am NOT advocating for EV's. Don't like them.

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
I like EV vehicles. Yes, I fill my ICE car up still because an EV is not really in the cards for me. It's just the way it is. I have a one car garage. My old car is in it. My garage is over the hill under the house. Not the best situation for a car in the winter so our daily gets parked out front of the house. Not a good place to put a charger.

It's stupid to condemn anyone for doing what they like and what works best for them.

That basically sums up my thoughts on EVs. If someone wants to buy them, fine with me. I'm just not there yet. I don't do enough daily driving to justify the added expense, but I like the idea of not putting out emissions, which I know my ICE car does. I try to be more environmentally conscious by driving less, only when necessary.

The price of new cars is so high that people are going to start repairing their cars and keep driving them for 20 years.
I have a 2013 Tundra. Great pickup. Gen II Tundras are the best made. I have low mileage (31K) and it is in excellent condition.

It would be nice to have a new truck after having this one for ten years but it doesn't make any sense to get rid of it.

The book value of the Tundra is just $1K less than what I paid for it back in 2013. A new truck will cost $20-30K more and not be any better than the one I have except it will have more modern electronics like a back up camera and touchscreen displays and all that shit that can go bad.

I'll just keep it.

The last vehicle I would get would be a L-I battery EV. L-I batteries are great for workshop and garden tools but suck for vehicles.

EV batteries lack reparability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions

Unless reparability in EV batteries is addressed and fixed, the pile-ups will increase — and so too, will premiums, expert says

A scratched or slightly damaged electric battery might be enough for some insurers to write off entire cars, as for many electric vehicles there is no way to repair battery packs after collisions.

As a result, the consumer — who likely acquired an electric vehicle wanting to reduce monthly costs — faces higher premiums and some countries are starting to see electric vehicle batteries piling up in scrapyards, according to Reuters.

Matthew Avery, research director at automotive risk intelligence company Thatcham Research, said the goal of electric vehicles was sustainability, but a lack of reparability is creating a whole new problem.

"We're buying electric cars for sustainability reasons," Avery said, Reuters reported. "But an EV isn't very sustainable if you've got to throw the battery away after a minor collision."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...nor-collisions

What a way to create more junk liberals!
/----/Companies are already repurposing and recycling EV batteries.

How Recycling Works​

Many of the components and raw materials that make up lithium-ion batteries are difficult to obtain and still have considerable value, even if the battery is no longer functioning. There are different methods used by different companies, but the basic premise is that the battery is made inert to prevent any injuries or fires and is shredded, melted, or soaked in acid to extract the raw materials. These materials are separated and refined, then sold back into the market to be used to produce new batteries. Most companies that specialize in this process claim to be able to recover up to 95 percent of the raw materials, including cobalt, nickel and lithium.

I have a 2013 Tundra. Great pickup. Gen II Tundras are the best made. I have low mileage (31K) and it is in excellent condition.

It would be nice to have a new truck after having this one for ten years but it doesn't make any sense to get rid of it.

The book value of the Tundra is just $1K less than what I paid for it back in 2013. A new truck will cost $20-30K more and not be any better than the one I have except it will have more modern electronics like a back up camera and touchscreen displays and all that shit that can go bad.

I'll just keep it.

The last vehicle I would get would be a L-I battery EV. L-I batteries are great for workshop and garden tools but suck for vehicles.

Flash,

I would bet you that 99% of the time, you drive that V8 Tundra alone, and with no load.
At least that is the case the VAST majority of the time with most people.

I get that you like the Big Truck.
I get that you like the power.
I get that you like the comfort.
I get that you like the towing capability (WHEN you need it)

But the problem is 10's of millions of people are driving around in big vehicles like that every day ALONE and carrying NO LOAD.
My assertion is that we need to look into the future. We need to understand fossil fuels aren't unlimited forever.
We need to understand that burning less fossil fuel is a good thing (even though there is no need to be a climate alarmist)

We are being short sighted and hedonistic to not consider it.

Last edited:
China wants an EV in every American's garage.
Cha Ching

It's interesting how Toyota, arguably the most successful automaker on the planet, was among the first to introduce battery power as *a* source, but is among the last to go all-in on fully-electric cars. They are also betting that hydrogen will be the way forward, not EV. I think carmakers that rely on either ICE or EV tech alone are setting themselves up to fail.

I rode in a Tesla with Ludicrous mode. Maybe the most incredible ride in a car ever. Step on the pedal and the car just pinned you in the seat. No fuss, no loud noise. The car remained steady, it just took off like nothing I've ever rode in and I have a vintage Gasser.
The torque of an electric engine is impressive. It's also a tire killer.

Flash,

I would bet you that 99% of the time, you drive that V8 Tundra alone, and with no load.
At least that is the case the VAST majority of the time with most people
Absolutely and I don't care. I like having a pickup truck.

I am a retired Environmental Engineer. I had a 30 year career cleaning up pollution and creating pollution abatement programs.

I did a lot more than 99.999% of the people on earth to protect the environment and me driving the Tundra 31K miles in ten years has absolutely no effect on the environment.

Forum List

Back