Evangelicals and Trump

The Left's obsession with the Evangelicals is really weird
you must be one of them - try revulsion ...
I's not a Christian, what are the Evangelicals doing that is "revulsive"
I's not a Christian, what are the Evangelicals doing that is "revulsive"
just a suggestion christian, your call give a clue you have for their "obsession" -
maybe you need a translator lol
maybe you need a translator lol
you're the one that made the statement - where's the clue for your insight, what makes you think they are obsessive about evangelicals ...

what are the Evangelicals doing that is "revulsive"

Lying.

But we understand lying has become a virtue in Trumpism circles.

Six out of ten Americans still consider lying to be repulsive.

Even Evangelicals find Evangelicals repulsive:

Our president and my church: An evangelical Christian on the president’s damage to his faith community​
By JOHN FEA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |OCT 12, 2020​
This is an election between one man who believes that the president should be a steward of democracy and another man who is a racist, nativist and narcissist willing to undermine democracy with almost every word he speaks.And most white evangelicals, whether they love Trump or held their noses and voted for him, are complicit.​

Lying.

Our president and my church: An evangelical Christian on the president’s damage to his faith community​
This is an election between one man who believes that the president should be a steward of democracy and another man who is a racist, nativist and narcissist willing to undermine democracy with almost every word he speaks.And most white evangelicals, whether they love Trump or held their noses and voted for him, are complicit.​
you and breezewood are the walking definition of obsessive lol
find a hobby or something

Lying.

So what is the lying part again? I'm not seeing it.

Exposing liars is one of my hobbies. White evangelical Christian Nationalists tell me that America was founded as a Christian Nation and Correll tells me that and that America still is a Christian Nation. It’s a lie.

America’s Changing Religious Identity​
Daniel Cox, Robert P. Jones, Ph.D., 09.06.2017.​
The American religious landscape is undergoing a dramatic transformation. White Christians, once the dominant religious group in the U.S., now account for fewer than half of all adults living in the country. Today, fewer than half of all states are majority white Christian. As recently as 2007, 39 states had majority white Christian populations. These are two of the major findings from this report, which is based on findings from PRRI’s 2016 American Values Atlas, the single largest survey of American religious and denominational identity ever conducted.​
  1. White Christians now account for fewer than half of the public. Today, only 43% of Americans identify as white and Christian, and only 30% as white and Protestant. In 1976, roughly eight in ten (81%) Americans identified as white and identified with a Christian denomination, and a majority (55%) were white Protestants.
  2. White evangelical Protestants are in decline—along with white mainline Protestants and white Catholics. Fewer than one in five (17%) Americans are white evangelical Protestant, but they accounted for nearly one-quarter (23%) in 2006. America's Changing Religious Identity

Why should white evangelical Protestant Christian nationalists and Correll get away with the lie that I live in a Christian Nation and must bow down to them and be thankful that they for the moment tolerate not Christian belief in America?

Last edited:

Exposing liars is one of my hobbies. White evangelical Christian Nationalists tell me that America was founded as a Christian Nation and Correll tells me that and that America still is a Christian Nation. It’s a lie.

The American religious landscape is undergoing a dramatic transformation. White Christians, once the dominant religious group in the U.S., now account for fewer than half of all adults living in the country. Today, fewer than half of all states are majority white Christian. As recently as 2007, 39 states had majority white Christian populations. These are two of the major findings from this report, which is based on findings from PRRI’s 2016 American Values Atlas, the single largest survey of American religious and denominational identity ever conducted.​
  1. White Christians now account for fewer than half of the public. Today, only 43% of Americans identify as white and Christian, and only 30% as white and Protestant. In 1976, roughly eight in ten (81%) Americans identified as white and identified with a Christian denomination, and a majority (55%) were white Protestants.
  2. White evangelical Protestants are in decline—along with white mainline Protestants and white Catholics. Fewer than one in five (17%) Americans are white evangelical Protestant, but they accounted for nearly one-quarter (23%) in 2006. America's Changing Religious Identity

Why should white evangelical Protestant Christian nationalists and Correll get away with the lie that I live in a Christian Nation and must bow down to them and be thankful that they for the moment tolerate not Christian belief in America?
Are you going to be OK?

I'm not sure what you think is a lie. From your own link.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 10.35.49 PM.png

From the blue, all the way to the end of the green, are the people who identify as Christian, in one form or another.

That's 2/3rds of the population.

What part is the lie again?

{1} America was allegedly populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 when the secular and religiously pluralistic CONSTITUTION was being written.

{2} Only self identified white Christian Evangelical Protestants today are telling the lie that America was founded as a Christian Nation because the population back then was supposedly mostly white and Protestant which is not a verifiable or settled claim.

{3} The 2/3 Christian majority you cite includes non-right wing Catholics, Black and other minority Christians, and white Christians that vote Democrat and liberal. very few of which are telling me that America must be identified as a Christian Nation.

A true statement would be that America was founded as a pluralistic nation and is a nation for all religions including a diverse Christian majority.

what’s wrong with the truth?

why shorten to a generalization that marginalizes all non-Christian beliefs to satisfy 17% who self identify as evangelical Christian and who are white?

{1} America was allegedly populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 when the secular and religiously pluralistic CONSTITUTION was being written.

{2} Only self identified white Christian Evangelical Protestants today are telling the lie that America was founded as a Christian Nation because the population back then was supposedly mostly white and Protestant which is not a verifiable or settled claim.

{3} The 2/3 Christian majority you cite includes non-right wing Catholics, Black and other minority Christians, and white Christians that vote Democrat and liberal. very few of which are telling me that America must be identified as a Christian Nation.

A true statement would be that America was founded as a pluralistic nation and is a nation for all religions including a diverse Christian majority.

why shorten to a generalization that marginalizes all non-Christian beliefs to satisfy 17% who self identify as evangelical Christian and who are white?

I know a ton of Catholics that are very conservative.

Second, I know lots of minorities that are very Christian, and very conservative.

Quite frankly, someone who is a Christian, matters more to me, than if they are white, or non-white. Honestly, I can't think of a single time ever, when I cared if they were white or non-white.

Third, I would be very interested in what evidence you have that this country was not created by white Christians.

Do you have any evidence to support that at all?

Well we already just pointed out, from your own link that you provided, that Christians make up more than 2/3rds of the population.

That makes you right now, a liar.

Second, I don't buy the concept that speaking the truth, means that other people are marginalized.

For example, let's assume for the moment that point (1) that you posted is true.

Let us pretend for a moment that America was in fact populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 when the secular and religiously pluralistic CONSTITUTION was being written.

How does that marginalize anyone? It doesn't. You don't see Jews, or Asians, living a marginalized life, because the constitution was written largely by White Christiana.

Second, I know lots of minorities that are very Christian, and very conservative.

Quite frankly, someone who is a Christian, matters more to me, than if they are white, or non-white. Honestly, I can't think of a single time ever, when I cared if they were white or non-white.

Third, I would be very interested in what evidence you have that this country was not created by white Christians.

Well we already just pointed out, from your own link that you provided, that Christians make up more than 2/3rds of the population.

Second, I don't buy the concept that speaking the truth, means that other people are marginalized.

For example, let's assume for the moment that point (1) that you posted is true.

Let us pretend for a moment that America was in fact populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 when the secular and religiously pluralistic CONSTITUTION was being written.

How does that marginalize anyone? It doesn't. You don't see Jews, or Asians, living a marginalized life, because the constitution was written largely by White Christiana.
because the constitution was written largely by White Christiana.
no not who wrote it.

to bad for you who wrote the document left you on the outside -
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ...
lie all you want your book is dirt in this country.

no not who wrote it.

You post makes no logical sense. Did you even read what I wrote?

no not who wrote it.

sort of - till the evangelicals became the minority of - good (white) christians ...
1602647878848.png

best neighbors anyone could hope for -

Is it your understanding or argument that America’s founding fathers were all entirely white male Protestant Christian or something other than that?

#876 reply to #871

Don’t run away before I can straighten out the errors you have already made.

#876 First error in your Post #871 is your comment “because the constitution was written largely by White Christians” and then you incorrectly ask me “How does that marginalize anyone?“

#876 Now, go re-read my point #1 and you can see clearly that I actually wrote “America was in fact populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 ... when the Constitution was written.

#876 I did not say the Constitution was written largely by white Christians as you changed what I wrote.

#876 Do you understand that I had not at that point mentioned the actual religious beliefs and their views on Christianity at the time the Constitution was being negotiated and written.

Do you see your error so I can continue?

Last edited:

no not who wrote it.

sort of - till the evangelicals became the minority of - good (white) christians ...
View attachment 401340
best neighbors anyone could hope for -

Still doesn't make logical sense. You can't contradict anything I said, and now you are bringing up things and topics I never mentioned, and have nothing to do with the topic.

#876 reply to #871

Don’t run away before I can straighten out the errors you have already made.

#876 First error in your Post #871 is your comment “because the constitution was written largely by White Christians” and then you incorrectly ask me “How does that marginalize anyone?“

#876 Now, go re-read my point #1 and you can see clearly that I actually wrote “America was in fact populated by perhaps a majority of White Christian Protestants in 1787 ... when the Constitution was written.

#876 I did not say the Constitution was written by largely by white Christians.

#876 Do you understand that I had not at that point mentioned the actual religious beliefs and their views on Christianity at the time the Constitution was being negotiated and written.

Do you see your error so I can continue?

Right, but if you read my post, I had started a hypothetical.

In my hypothetical, if the constitution or the country was largely white Christians... how does that make anyone marginalized today?

Can you answer that, or no?

Is it your understanding or argument that America’s founding fathers were all entirely white male Protestant Christian or something other than that?

I don't even think it matters. Why does this matter?

Regardless, we have numerous statements by the founding fathers, that indicate a belief in G-d, and Jesus Christ.

Only a small few, were actually full Deists.

#880 reply to #867
From the blue, all the way to the end of the green, are the people who identify as Christian, in one form or another.

Your second error is that your post #867 is in response to this:

“White evangelical Christian Nationalists tell me that America was founded as a Christian Nation and Correll tells me that and that America still is a Christian Nation. It’s a lie.

You call me a liar because you cited the data which gives all Christians at the present moment in America a 2/3 majority which I do not dispute. That’s because I’m defining for you the lie that Correll is pushing which is also being pushed by self identified white evangelical Christians who have a Christian nationalist agenda.

#880 That’s why the fact that these Christian Nationalists are white Is a major and necessary part of the discussion. Black and other evangelical Christian worshippers are not promoting a Christian Nation identity for America.

Do you see that error on your part ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back