Escaping Christianity

God has nothing to say to you because you are not listening. God does not stay where He is unwanted.

I was raised in a religion free home. No Church, no Bible, no God, I was in my 40s when God decided I should be a believer. When God decides to pay attention to you there is a world of hurt in your future. My greatest fear today is that God will leave me basically the way He left you.

If atheism is your path follow it boldly without fear.

I will do 100% of everything God tells me. I will do 0% of what others tell me God wants me to do. Does that make any sense? I won't be duped by humans.

God talks to you?

God talks to everyone. Many people are too stupid and self-absorbed to pay attention.

Dubya said God told him to invade Iraq.

So?

God has nothing to say to you because you are not listening. God does not stay where He is unwanted.

I was raised in a religion free home. No Church, no Bible, no God, I was in my 40s when God decided I should be a believer. When God decides to pay attention to you there is a world of hurt in your future. My greatest fear today is that God will leave me basically the way He left you.

I will do 100% of everything God tells me. I will do 0% of what others tell me God wants me to do. Does that make any sense? I won't be duped by humans.

God talks to you?

He never has, not one word.

God talks to you?

Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God and Jesus is the Word made flesh?

God talks to you?

If you are asking me.. no.. The Bible is a collection of poetry, myths, morality tales that try to explain god as God evolved from the Canaanite pantheon.

God talks to you?

If you are asking me.. no.. The Bible is a collection of poetry, myths, morality tales that try to explain god as God evolved from the Canaanite pantheon.
Cool. I'm sure he'll enjoy that story when you see Him on judgment day.

God talks to you?

No. If you were honest you would answer no as well.

Humans make a conscience effort to believe absurd things just to gain the benefits of believing the absurd idea. There is no way you believe the beautiful stories in the Bible to be true. That's silly and you know that for a fact. On a personal level ask yourself why you choose to be dishonest. I don't mind you lying to me and to others but stop lying to yourself. You know that shit is impossible. Using a faulty foundation for your basis for logic sets you up to make bad decisions and bad judgements. Be honest. Your deserve to gain maximum capacity from your brain. Treat it right.

Hard wiring your brain to value unrealistic information is a recipe for disaster. Your internal mechanism will be rewarded for believing more lies. This makes you extremely vulnerable to be manipulated politically and even financially.

There is direct correlation to right wing conspiracy theory but jobs and religious nuts. Just observe your surroundings here in America.

Last edited:

God talks to you?

You don't take the Bible seriously, do you? Have you studied ancient history, geology or archaeology. Have you toured the Holy Lands.. The stories are important, but they aren't history or even chronological.. The Hebrews were Canaanites from the North coast of Syria and they became monotheistic gradually.

God talks to you?

Humans make a conscience effort to believe absurd things just to gain the benefits of believing the absurd idea. There is no way you believe the beautiful stories in the Bible to be true. That's silly and you know that for a fact. On a personal level ask yourself why you choose to be dishonest. I don't mind you lying to me and to others but stop lying to yourself. You know that shit is impossible. Using a faulty foundation for your basis for logic sets you up to make bad decisions and bad judgements. Be honest. Your deserve to gain maximum capacity from your brain. Treat it right.

Hard wiring your brain to value unrealistic information is a recipe for disaster. Your internal mechanism will be rewarded for believing more lies. This makes you extremely vulnerable to be manipulated politically and even financially.

There is direct correlation to right wing conspiracy theory but jobs and religious nuts. Just observe your surroundings here in America.
Do you believe that there is a Creator, an Almighty God?

God talks to you?

You don't take the Bible seriously, do you? Have you studied ancient history, geology or archaeology. Have you toured the Holy Lands.. The stories are important, but they aren't history or even chronological.. The Hebrews were Canaanites from the North coast of Syria and they became monotheistic gradually.
Yes, I take the Bible seriously.

God talks to you?

What denomination are you?

God talks to you?

No but I consider it as a possibility. Nobody knows how we got here. When I say nobody what I mean is nobody.

I'm not arrogant enough to say anything with certainty. I'm open to receiving the truth but I find the odds against me. I believe I will die without knowing if there is a god or not.

God talks to you?

What denomination are you?
No denomination.

Is that bad?
Doesn't tell the whole story--and it tells parts of it very badly.

The Bible went through an intense vetting process that lasted thousands of years. Only the most powerful, influential, useful, timeless, and relevant documents survived. When I say beautiful it is a vast understatement. I have great respect for the Bible as a resource for predicting human behavior.

I was born an American in the 20th century. I do not know how to view the Bible as a person from another time or locality. What suggestions do you have?

God talks to you?

No but I consider it as a possibility. Nobody knows how we got here. When I say nobody what I mean is nobody.

I'm not arrogant enough to say anything with certainty. I'm open to receiving the truth but I find the odds against me. I believe I will die without knowing if there is a god or not.
Ok, so you're an agnostic.

God talks to you?

I abhor the term agnostic. I consider myself an atheist. By definition every human being is agnostic. Theism and atheism is about your belief. There is evidence for neither position. That means we are all agnostic. The term agnostic is so neutral that it is meaningless.

Why did you ask if I was agnostic?

God talks to you?

I abhor the term agnostic. I consider myself an atheist. By definition every human being is agnostic. Theism and atheism is about your belief. There is evidence for neither position. That means we are all agnostic. The term agnostic is so neutral that it is meaningless.

Why did you ask if I was agnostic?
I didn't ask if you are agnostic, I stated you're an agnostic. You're own words are the definition of agnostic. I know there is a Creator, Almighty God. You can believe whatever you want and so can I.

Forum List

Back