Escaping Christianity

But if you're trying to talk sports, I would love to! But I am MLB and NFL. Not NBA, or NHL. At least for high level talks... I'd love to discuss baseball and football, including fantasy, on another thread.

Shit, is there a thread already about this? Baseball's almost over, but NFL fantasy is still going good! And so many injures. Please, if you have a link, gimme it. :)

I'll have to find a thread. I had to cut back on MLB because I love fantasy MLB and NBA, but it was taking too much time away from my gf. Am trying to get back into the NFL, but not fantasy. Aside from pro tennis, that's about all the sports I follow.

Nellie was great but Kerr is da man. Hold what you got.

Will do. Kerr's a very good coach. I like Popovich, too. They just brought the FIBA Team USA to 7th place. Sorta disappointing, but what can you say :th_waiting:? Couldn't stand Mark Jackson, but he got the Warriors on the right track defensively.

That's awesome! I actually just tried starting a thread about NFL Fantasy. But, meh, I wasn't happy with it. And I don't know if I can keep up with it daily. But I think it's a great idea for whoever's willing to do it..

We need a USM NFL Expert, to give us advise on games, whether points/straight, Fantasy plays or sits, and advice on general questions.

That would be awesome.

And I could be that guy... But shit, not enough time to possibly be... :)

I'm going to begin praying that you either do the right thing or you are found out,

This may not be exactly what you were praying for but I was fired from Jacksonville Christian Academy on March 5, 2020.

Just google "Eric Whitfield Onslow" for all the details.

Prayer does work.

You show stunning immaturity for a 40 year old man with children. Really? Since you hesitate to answer, I"m going to guess you have ZERO experience with real, physical, unremitting pain, or illness, or disease. Well, I do. It beats you down. You learn a lot too, about grace and faith.

So don't be so arrogant. "Retarded". Really? God forbid you have to live like that--or your children.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.
Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Dear Father,

Please remove this man from his position in front of Your precious children, if it be Your will. I pray that you will protect his family and his heart in the meantime. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Your prayer was answered on March 5, 2020.

I have way too many questions to get to the bottom of your concerns. I am not necessarily doing what is in my own my best interest. There are other people involved in my situation. You have to remember. I don't believe in the invisible and silent God that lives in the cave where only the holy men are allowed to go. When the holy men come back from the cave to tell me stuff with a serious, convincing and sincere face it appears suspicious to me. Why can't I go in the cave too?

If God has nothing to say to me then I am under no obligation to play by His rules. Just because He tells you the rules doesn't men He shares that information with everyone. Most of us are left relying on faith or guesswork. That just isn't for me anymore. If God wants something from me then I will give Him anything He asks.

If G-d has nothing to say to me, then I am under no obligation to play by his rules?

Try that at your job. You work at a job, and the CEO and executives have rules for people who work for them, but they don't show up at your work bench and start talking to you.

Try not following their rules, and see how that goes for you.

Why are only holy men allowed in the cave? Why is not everyone allowed to walk into the CEOs office, and do whatever they want? Why are only the authorized people allowed there?

Because it's their rules. Their company. Their regulations. Again, try and do whatever you want, and see how that goes for you. You'll be unemployed, and not even allowed on the property.

Let's spin this around... can I just setup a tent on your front yard? Can I do whatever I want with your stuff?

No, because it's your property, and it's your rules. What if you don't come out and talk to me? Am I obligated to follow your rules with your property, if you refuse to talk to me? Yes. As a matter of fact I am still obligated to follow your rules with your property, even if you have nothing to say to me.

Why do you expect G-d to be different? Is not all of creation, that he created, his property? So whether G-d says a word to you or not, you are in fact obligated to follow his rules.

Now if you don't, that's your option. And the planting and harvesting rule applies to everyone. What you plant... is what you harvest. You plant bad seed, and then expect to get good crops in your life, not happening.

And you will find this out either in this life, or the life after.

God has nothing to say to you because you are not listening. God does not stay where He is unwanted.

I was raised in a religion free home. No Church, no Bible, no God, I was in my 40s when God decided I should be a believer. When God decides to pay attention to you there is a world of hurt in your future. My greatest fear today is that God will leave me basically the way He left you.

If atheism is your path follow it boldly without fear.

I'm going to begin praying that you either do the right thing or you are found out,

This may not be exactly what you were praying for but I was fired from Jacksonville Christian Academy on March 5, 2020.

Prayer does work.
In addition, school administrators confirm that Whitfield was an employee at the time the comment was posted and has since been terminated because of the comment.

going public with your racial views makes one wonder your reluctance to come out of the closet your new found atheism - would seem a more fitting way to be terminated. undoubtedly they were aware you are a racist and were perfectly fine with that till being made public ... another true christian story.

and.....
jesus-saves_o_2119019.jpg

~S~
What kind of service did they get?

God has nothing to say to you because you are not listening. God does not stay where He is unwanted.

I was raised in a religion free home. No Church, no Bible, no God, I was in my 40s when God decided I should be a believer. When God decides to pay attention to you there is a world of hurt in your future. My greatest fear today is that God will leave me basically the way He left you.

"When God decides to pay attention to you" Not a world of hurt, just a world of hubris.

I will do 100% of everything God tells me. I will do 0% of what others tell me God wants me to do. Does that make any sense? I won't be duped by humans.

Prayer does work.

I will do 100% of everything God tells me. I will do 0% of what others tell me God wants me to do. Does that make any sense? I won't be duped by humans.

God talks to you?

God talks to you?

God talks to everyone. Many people are too stupid and self-absorbed to pay attention.

God talks to you?

God talks to everyone. Many people are too stupid and self-absorbed to pay attention.

Dubya said God told him to invade Iraq.

Forum List

Back