End All US Support to Israel

Who owned them before 1948?
"The families in the Sheikh Jarrar neighborhood in East Jerusalem were expelled by Israeli soldiers from their homes in Haifa and Jaffa in 1948.

"Twenty-eight families were settled in Sheikh Jarrar in the 1950s by the Jordanian government in coordination with UNRWA.

"They moved into houses built by wealthy Palestinian families who had escaped the crowded winding streets of the Old City in the early 20th century as well as into newly built homes.

"The area was named for the personal physician of the Islamic general Saladin, who settled there when Muslim armies captured the city from Christian crusaders in 1187."
MAY 14, 2021

The Nakba Continues

BY ALICE ROTHCHILD

Well the city of JERUSALEM has a Jewish name. I wonder why that is?

Even if you believe Israel should not lose US charity due to the 1976 Symington Amendment (which forbids aid to rogue nuclear regimes), the latest example of ethnic cleansing in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of East Jerusalem should end the weasel worded BS that assigns some utterly mendacious moral equivalency between occupier and occupied:

"MAY 14, 2021

End Military Support to Israel"​

"Militant right-wing Jewish settlers encouraged and protected by the government of corrupt Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are trying to evict hundreds of Palestinian families from homes they have owned for decades in East Jerusalem, the Arab-dominated future capital of a Palestinian state if one is ever established.

"The settlers argue in court that the land in question was originally owned by a Jewish trust and should revert accordingly.

"However, as The New York Times notes, the apartheid regime treats people differently depending on their ethnicity: 'Israeli law allows Jews to reclaim ownership of land they vacated in 1948, but denies Palestinians the right to reclaim the properties they fled from in the same war.'"

What about the billions we give to the Palestinians? End that, too?
Yes by all means... No aid to any country in the Middle East. I would love to see the US drop all foreign aid completely. You cannot buy your friends.

What about the billions we give to the Palestinians? End that, too?
Not until the Palestinians have raked in as much as the Jews.

MAY 14, 2021

End Military Support to Israel

"The U.S. turns a blind eye to Israeli violence and theft of Arab land, rarely lifting a finger to move toward a two-state solution while loudly decrying Arab violence against Israelis. The U.S. sends $4 billion a year to Israel—enough to give free healthcare to 1.4 million Americans if we wanted to.

"Joe Biden recently restored $235 million in assistance to the Palestinian Authority that had been cut off by Trump—less than one-sixteenth of the package to Israel."
Why do you support savage terrorists over a progressive civilization that leads the world in technological advancements?

The US is in too deep to walk away at this stage. It needs to consult with its allies to find a just solution to this mess. It wont happen when US politicians are too scared to upset the Israeli lobby.

but denies Palestinians the right to reclaim the properties they fled from in the same war.'"

If I fled a home I rented when war broke out, my kids don't get to claim they
own it today. Why should Palestinians?
Since Israel is the only thing standing between Iranian terrorists getting nuclear arms and us, now that we have an incompetent administration in charge of our country, we should do everything we can to support them.
Iran has called for a nuclear-free Middle East.
Why hasn't Israel and the US agreed?
Slide4.JPG

UPDATES AND NEWS - The Israel Lobby: Is It Good For The US?

I've called for a mullah-free Iran.

Who owned them before 1948?
"The families in the Sheikh Jarrar neighborhood in East Jerusalem were expelled by Israeli soldiers from their homes in Haifa and Jaffa in 1948.

"Twenty-eight families were settled in Sheikh Jarrar in the 1950s by the Jordanian government in coordination with UNRWA.

"They moved into houses built by wealthy Palestinian families who had escaped the crowded winding streets of the Old City in the early 20th century as well as into newly built homes.

"The area was named for the personal physician of the Islamic general Saladin, who settled there when Muslim armies captured the city from Christian crusaders in 1187."
MAY 14, 2021

The Nakba Continues

BY ALICE ROTHCHILD

But they didn't own those homes.

And now they're being unsettled.

but denies Palestinians the right to reclaim the properties they fled from in the same war.'"

If I fled a home I rented when war broke out, my kids don't get to claim they
own it today. Why should Palestinians?
Since Israel is the only thing standing between Iranian terrorists getting nuclear arms and us, now that we have an incompetent administration in charge of our country, we should do everything we can to support them.
Why hasn't Israel and the US agreed?
Slide4.JPG

UPDATES AND NEWS - The Israel Lobby: Is It Good For The US?

I've called for a mullah-free Iran.
So are most Iranians but Obama told them to fuck off.

We should stay the fuck out of it entirely and stop sending billions of dollars a year to a region in constant turmoil.
It has been our support for Israel that has produced the constant turmoil you mention even before our invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. Some argue there's a moral imperative to redress those crimes?
original.jpg

The Pottery Barn Rule: Syria Edition

Im down for ending all aid to them. Im down for ending all aid to everyone.
No reason i should be working to fund the pockets of a terrorist in palestine or a corrupt criminal in columbia.
Most "foreign" aid never leaves the US.

uh huh

I don't see how you can say this...the occupation began after Israel was attacked...live in peace and the occupation will subside...every action has an equal and opposite reaction....
European Jews began their Zionist project to transform Palestine into a Jewish majority state over 100 years ago. At that time there were ten times as man non-Jews as Jews living there. By 1948 when Israel came into existence the ratio had shrunk to 2:1. In 1967 when Jews stole the remaining 20% of Palestine, they immediately began filling the occupied territories with civilians in defiance of international law. State-sponsored terror has been Israel's first choice for maintaining their illegal occupation ever since.

We should stay the fuck out of it entirely and stop sending billions of dollars a year to a region in constant turmoil.
It has been our support for Israel that has produced the constant turmoil you mention even before our invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. Some argue there's a moral imperative to redress those crimes?
original.jpg

The Pottery Barn Rule: Syria Edition
It’s certainly an aspect that helps the constant turmoil, but it’s not like that region needs our help facilitating it as they do fine job of that on their own. President Washington warned us against entangling alliances and this feels like the very soul of one.

Even if you believe Israel should not lose US charity due to the 1976 Symington Amendment (which forbids aid to rogue nuclear regimes), the latest example of ethnic cleansing in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of East Jerusalem should end the weasel worded BS that assigns some utterly mendacious moral equivalency between occupier and occupied:

"MAY 14, 2021

End Military Support to Israel"​

"Militant right-wing Jewish settlers encouraged and protected by the government of corrupt Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are trying to evict hundreds of Palestinian families from homes they have owned for decades in East Jerusalem, the Arab-dominated future capital of a Palestinian state if one is ever established.

"The settlers argue in court that the land in question was originally owned by a Jewish trust and should revert accordingly.

"However, as The New York Times notes, the apartheid regime treats people differently depending on their ethnicity: 'Israeli law allows Jews to reclaim ownership of land they vacated in 1948, but denies Palestinians the right to reclaim the properties they fled from in the same war.'"
why should we stop supporting an allie that is defending itself from terrorist?

I don't see how you can say this...the occupation began after Israel was attacked...live in peace and the occupation will subside...every action has an equal and opposite reaction....
European Jews began their Zionist project to transform Palestine into a Jewish majority state over 100 years ago. At that time there were ten times as man non-Jews as Jews living there. By 1948 when Israel came into existence the ratio had shrunk to 2:1. In 1967 when Jews stole the remaining 20% of Palestine, they immediately began filling the occupied territories with civilians in defiance of international law. State-sponsored terror has been Israel's first choice for maintaining their illegal occupation ever since.
If you are going to go back 100 years you will lose me...like I said this is 2021...we have different values today...you still haven't answered my question...what do you want to happen today?...do you want the Jews to march into the red sea?...should we leave the USA and return it to the Indians?...what is your answer?....The "Palestinians" need to accept the Jews and learn to live with them...bigotry over religion is 12th century bullshit...I will be waiting for your answer....

Forum List

Back