Elections Results Explained!

I agree with Frank.

Voter ID required to be available eight months before major state elections at no expense.
Just make the voters registration card a photo ID.
Jimmy Carter and some other Republican man were on some study that recommended ID's for voting BUT THEY ALSO SAID, that it should be a 5 year process, BEFORE enacting the law that could disenfranchise many citizens.

but immediately states took this study and enacted voter ID laws, base on Jimmy Carter and the other Republican's, (I think it might have been John Snow?) suggestion BUT IGNORED that they felt it should be a 5 year process BEFORE enacting the Law.

I have no problem with your suggestion of doing such with those that are registering to vote,

HOWEVER, there are many loose ends to that suggestion that would be necessary to be worked out:

- What about the people that are already registered to vote? Do you make every person that is registered to vote already, go to a certain government spot, like the DMV to get a new voter registration card?

-What about the registering to vote drives, that take place on the Street....? How do you take their picture to go with the voter registration application? It is a world of easy digital today so I suppose a pic could be taken right there and then but I dunno?

-and IF EVERYONE has to make the trip to the nearest DMV to get reissued a voter's registration card, then in my opinion, this would be fairer...you are not calling on only a certain sector of the voting population to go over hurdles to be able to vote, but calling on EVERYONE to do such....

-but I still see problems with this...as example, right after, I believe it was Georgia, required gvt issued photo ID's to vote, they then shut down over half of their DMV offices in their poorest of neighborhoods...making it near impossible or very difficult for the citizen that did not drive, to get there...having to lose their hourly pay for hours of work being missed because they had to take 3 buses to get to the DMV and 3 buses back kind of stuff....
Where ever these hourly paid folks have to go to get their new and revised voter's id card, has to be near them.

-And are you going to require EVERYONE to bring in their own birth certificate at the same time of registering or reregistering to prove citizenship?

-and then, YOU are taking away the right for each State to run their own election process
which could be a problem....a constitutional issue?

-And will you allow the 5 year process for this transition to take place before demanding the new voter id card with photo at the polls?

"BUT THEY ALSO SAID, that it should be a 5 year process, BEFORE enacting the law that could disenfranchise many citizens."

What total nonsense.

"Although liberal media support the old wives tale of GOP voter suppression by requiring identification, careful analysis shows a quite different reality:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.

Controlling for factors that influence voter turnout, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.

Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minorities.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statistically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

More important, minority respondents in states that required photo identification are just as likely to report voting as are minority respondents from states that only required voters to say their name.”

For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout
guessing you didn't READ your own thing? Look what is in RED that I highlighted above....

This study wasn't about people being disenfranchised due to having to have a Government issued PHOTO ID.... the study INCLUDED non photo id's....

these citizens do have ID's, paired together should be good enough to identify themselves at the voting place.........BUT NOOOOOOOO, the Republicans are forcing it to be GOVT ISSUED PHOTO ID'S....

and also, there are several studies and several court rulings that disagree with you and the your link's opinion.

I agree with Frank.

Voter ID required to be available eight months before major state elections at no expense.
Jimmy Carter and some other Republican man were on some study that recommended ID's for voting BUT THEY ALSO SAID, that it should be a 5 year process, BEFORE enacting the law that could disenfranchise many citizens.

but immediately states took this study and enacted voter ID laws, base on Jimmy Carter and the other Republican's, (I think it might have been John Snow?) suggestion BUT IGNORED that they felt it should be a 5 year process BEFORE enacting the Law.

I have no problem with your suggestion of doing such with those that are registering to vote,

HOWEVER, there are many loose ends to that suggestion that would be necessary to be worked out:

- What about the people that are already registered to vote? Do you make every person that is registered to vote already, go to a certain government spot, like the DMV to get a new voter registration card?

-What about the registering to vote drives, that take place on the Street....? How do you take their picture to go with the voter registration application? It is a world of easy digital today so I suppose a pic could be taken right there and then but I dunno?

-and IF EVERYONE has to make the trip to the nearest DMV to get reissued a voter's registration card, then in my opinion, this would be fairer...you are not calling on only a certain sector of the voting population to go over hurdles to be able to vote, but calling on EVERYONE to do such....

-but I still see problems with this...as example, right after, I believe it was Georgia, required gvt issued photo ID's to vote, they then shut down over half of their DMV offices in their poorest of neighborhoods...making it near impossible or very difficult for the citizen that did not drive, to get there...having to lose their hourly pay for hours of work being missed because they had to take 3 buses to get to the DMV and 3 buses back kind of stuff....
Where ever these hourly paid folks have to go to get their new and revised voter's id card, has to be near them.

-And are you going to require EVERYONE to bring in their own birth certificate at the same time of registering or reregistering to prove citizenship?

-and then, YOU are taking away the right for each State to run their own election process

-And will you allow the 5 year process for this transition to take place before demanding the new voter id card with photo at the polls?

"BUT THEY ALSO SAID, that it should be a 5 year process, BEFORE enacting the law that could disenfranchise many citizens."

What total nonsense.

"Although liberal media support the old wives tale of GOP voter suppression by requiring identification, careful analysis shows a quite different reality:

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.

Controlling for factors that influence voter turnout, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.

Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minorities.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statistically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

More important, minority respondents in states that required photo identification are just as likely to report voting as are minority respondents from states that only required voters to say their name.”

For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
guessing you didn't READ your own thing? Look what is in RED that I highlighted above....

This study wasn't about people being disenfranchised due to having to have a Government issued PHOTO ID.... the study INCLUDED non photo id's....

these citizens do have ID's, paired together should be good enough to identify themselves at the voting place.........BUT NOOOOOOOO, the Republicans are forcing it to be GOVT ISSUED PHOTO ID'S....

and also, there are several studies and several court rulings that disagree with you and the your link's opinion.

"Controlling for factors that influence voter turnout, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws."

That is because those states have far right wingers making up stories about voter fraud that does not exist.

[

"Controlling for factors that influence voter turnout, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws."

So what you're trying to claim is,

the bumbling, corrupt Republicans only THINK they're suppressing Democrat-leaning voters by passing these laws.

I agree with Frank.

What total nonsense.

This is from your link:

The Eagleton Institute study found that more stringent voter identification requirements appeared to reduce voter turnout in 2004.[10] In the media, their study has been cited as demonstrating that the strengthening of voter identification requirements to reduce fraud has the side effect of suppressing minority voter turnout.[11]
This Center for Data Analysis report attempts to replicate the part of the Eagleton Institute study that used the publicly available November 2004 Current Population Survey (CPS).[12] This analysis was done because several aspects of the Eagleton Institute study cast doubt on the validity of its findings:

Now, the important part.

The Heritage Foundation (yes, THAT Heritage Foundation) didn't like the results of the original non-partisan study,

so they had their OWN PEOPLE do a different study to get results they liked.

lol, that so awesomely Politicalchicky.

I agree with Frank.

HOWEVER, there are many loose ends to that suggestion that would be necessary to be worked out

Yes and no. As cards expire, they have to renew in person. Instead of a centralized spot, any number of facilities with credentialing equipment can be utilized such ad post offices, schools, police departments, check cashing places, Wal Mart, etc... It would be the same solution that we came up with when they started Emissions testing for your annual car inspection. There wasn't a glut of people at the DMV...they simply let garages upgrade their equipment so they could do the emissions testing.

Hardship will be almost non existent and definitely not prohibitive.

Nothing would change. It is a multi step process today. Instead of getting a VRC in the mail..you get a coupon to go to the PO or other approved facility to get your pic taken.

Again, there would be a proliferation of places to get your picture taken once you've registered.

Every system will have abuse.

Whatever you need to get it today, you should be able to furnish the same credentials to get a photo ID VRC.

The federal government has some levers to pull here. Mandate a photographic VRC or states lose their educationalfunding...100% compliance in 0.0001 miliseconds.

I don't see the need for a 5 year process but if that is necessary to get it to pass. sure.

I'm fine with felons being allowed to vote, and in my State and Vermont, they can....

I don't think anyone's vote should be taken away from them if they are a citizen....

The man or woman in prison still has kids and or a husband or wife that is out of prison and they should be allowed to vote, on who they want to represent them....

It could be that they are in prison in Florida, for a couple of ounces of pot which is a felony and prison sentence....while that same person with 2 ounces of pot on a person in Maine would be just a citation....and a fine and in Colorado, who knows, maybe not even a fine???

the man in Maine should not have more privileges than the man in Florida, for the same offense of having 2 ounces of pot and the guy in Florida should not be prevented from voting in Federal elections, while the guy in Maine can still do such.... if Florida wants to stop them from voting in their State and local elections, then I guess I am sort of fine with that...but to stop them from voting in federal elections, in the scenario I mentioned, is wrong. It is UNEQUAL TREATMENT in federal elections.

Just because someone is in jail, does not mean that they should lose the ability to have someone representing them and representing what they feel will be best for their children or best for their wife, outside of the Pen.

Are you in favor of non-citizens voting? In Michigan felons can vote once they've served their time. The problem with you libs is you want the prison inmates voting. I guess that would be called the inmate vote, which would go along with your other voting blocks. The non citizen vote, and the dead people vote
I suppose you don't know that immigrants and non citizens were allowed to vote in Federal elections in this nation until the 1920's when they changed the law...and I suppose you don't know that many states still allow immigrants, illegal or legal, to vote in their state elections, as long as they live there and are older than 18.... My State is just one of them....we don't have Mexicans up here, but we do have Canadians that live here and are illegals or waiting to get their citizenship.....
So you do support allowing non-citizens to vote you're an idiot:cuckoo: and in case you didnt know we didn't have open borders in the 1920s

Requirements for Immigrants at Ellis Island

Two agencies conducted the inspections and set the requirements for immigrants at Ellis Island. The United States Public Health Service conducted a medical inspection. Then, the Bureau ofImmigration made a legal inspection. Together, the two inspections could take up to five hours. Then the immigrant would either be admitted to New York City, interned as an "alien radical" or deported

• Immigrants at Ellis Island also had to pass a legal inspection, which was done by means of a series of 29 questions. Because many of the immigrants did not speak English, the questions were translated into 39 languages. The immigrants were required to answer questions about their name, gender, marital status, occupation, literacy, race and health. They were asked if they had ever been to prison, were polygamists or had ever participated in anarchist activity.
  • effects
    Immigrants who entered the United States at Ellis Island were not permitted to remain in the country if they had a contagious disease such as smallpox, yellow fever or the measles. If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry. People who seemed to be "alien radicals" were interned

I agree with Frank.

What total nonsense.

So if more draconian ID requirements neither suppress turnout nor reduce voter fraud (since ID related voter fraud is virtually non-existent)

why are Republicans so zealously trying to impose them?

Funny how liberals think their voting base is too stupid to get a photo ID. We have ID requirements here in Michigan, no problem. You're a clueless, moron, who only spews stupid, libera,l talking points. You don't actually know anything but what you're fed

I agree with Frank.

What total nonsense.

So if more draconian ID requirements neither suppress turnout nor reduce voter fraud (since ID related voter fraud is virtually non-existent)

Funny how liberals think their voting base is too stupid to get a photo ID. We have ID requirements here in Michigan, no problem. You're a clueless, moron, who only spews stupid, libera,l talking points. You don't actually know anything but what you're fed

It took me approximately 30 seconds to know more about your state than you do. But then, we're talking about you.

By law, every Michigan voter must present picture identification at the polls, or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.

Voting Without Photo ID
If you do not have photo ID, you can still cast a ballot simply by signing an affidavit. The affidavit can be used by:
  • Voters who do not have acceptable photo ID
  • Voters who have photo ID but didn't bring it to the polls
Once you sign the affidavit, you may cast your ballot. It will be counted with all other ballots on Election Day.

SOS - A Guide to Voter Identification at the Polls

Is your state government's official site wrong, or are you wrong?

What total nonsense.

It took me approximately 30 seconds to know more about your state than you do. But then, we're talking about you.

By law, every Michigan voter must present picture identification at the polls, or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.

Voting Without Photo ID
If you do not have photo ID, you can still cast a ballot simply by signing an affidavit. The affidavit can be used by:

Once you sign the affidavit, you may cast your ballot. It will be counted with all other ballots on Election Day.

"It took me approximately 30 seconds blah blah blah...."

OMG!

More time and effort than you put in to acquiring your entire education!!!

Obama won because you pretty much knew exactly what he was going to do. No one had a clue what Romney was going to do.

Kind of like now. No one has a clue what the Republicans are going to do if and when they win the Senate in the mid terms.

Because they are cowards. They don't have the balls to tell you what they will do.

Fox News was shocked, just shocked that they managed to find that somewhere in all of America there was an all black neighborhood that voted 100 percent for Obama.

This was clearly a sign of fraud.

Perhaps the funniest thing I ever saw on a "news" channel was the day Fox News decided to investigate whether or not there were black people who did not have IDs. With all seriousness, they went down to the street outside their studio in one of the wealthiest parts of Manhattan and stopped a couple of well dressed negroes who happened to be passing by and asked them if they had ID. Of course they did.

The Fox News team were just baffled how anyone could believe there were a lot of negroes out there without IDs, based on this unbiased investigation they had performed.

What total nonsense.

Voting Without Photo ID

"It took me approximately 30 seconds blah blah blah...."

OMG!

More time and effort than you put in to acquiring your entire education!!!

Is that what passes for a joke in Koreatown?

No one has ever produced a case of voter fraud which was caught by Voter ID. And, boy, they have posted zillions of examples of voter fraud. But they never spend the ten seconds of thinking it would require to notice that their examples of fraud could not be stopped by Voter ID! They gleefully post examples of Democratic poll workers committing fraud (never posting an example of a Republican poll worker committing fraud), and it does not penetrate their skulls that Voter ID would not catch a bad poll worker. They gleefully post examples of absentee ballot fraud, and it never penetrates their skulls that Voter ID does not catch absentee ballot fraud. They have even gleefully posted examples of fraud from states that already have Voter ID! It just does not get any more retarded than that.

No one has ever shown a case of fraud which could only be stopped or prevented by Voter ID.

Voter ID does not stop fraud. It does waste taxpayer money, though. It is very good at that.

Now, when you tell Voter ID tards, "Voter ID does not stop fraud", here is what they hear you say: "There is no fraud." And then they ironically thump their chests and think you are stupid for saying there is no fraud.

We are talking about an amazing perception problem. They have such a desire to believe in Voter ID, that reality itself is overpowered by their severely limited mental acuity.

I mentioned a moment ago that when you tell a Voter ID tard, "Voter ID does not stop fraud," what they hear you say is, "There is no fraud."

Here is an example of exactly what I am talking about:

What kills me is the D's keep claiming there is no voter fraud.

Yeah yeah that's the ticket. There's no voter fraud. :lol:

5. So,....finding similarity with oneself has long been a feature of elections, and it is often the reason for 'balancing the ticket.' Take Northeasterner Franklin Roosevelt, having Texan John Nance Garner as his first (of three) vice presidents (his second was communist Henry Wallace- FDR threatened to withdraw from the presidential race if Wallace were not chosen by the Democratic convention..)
The Real Henry Wallace National Review Online

a. " It is fair to say that the nomination of Wallace was rivaled only by the appointments of Stalin-bootlicker Joseph Davies as ambassador to Moscow; of fascist sympathizer, appeaser, and defeatist Joseph P. Kennedy to the London embassy; and of anti-Semite Breckinridge Long as under secretary of state for immigration and refugees, as the most disastrous appointment of Roosevelt’s four terms as president."
FDR Stalin and Oliver Stone - The New York Sun

Some cynics might claim the 'brilliant' Obama chose the lame-brain as his vice-president as a kind of balance, as well.

Although, running as a Democrat pretty well corrals the lame-brain vote.....

And, along those lines, gaining the votes of those who find simpatico with the candidate, consider these statistics:

a. Approximately 1 million psychopaths are locked up, on parole, or on probation.
"THE CRIMINAL PSYCHOPATH: HISTORY, NEUROSCIENCE, TREATMENT, AND ECONOMICS," byKiehl KA1,Hoffman MB2, The Journal of Law, Science and Technology, 51(4): 355-397

Guess which party is behind the move to get felons to vote?

Giving the vote to felons is not "stealing" if it is legal.

Let's pretend you were Oliver 'please,sir, may I have some more' Twist.
Here's some more:

"An Arizona county party official said he saw a man stuffing “hundreds” of ballots into the ballot box and later told a local news outlet the entire incident was caught on surveillance video.

“A person wearing a Citizens for a Better Arizona T-shirt dropped a large box of hundreds of early ballots on the table and started stuffing the ballot box as I watched in amazement,” said A.J. LaFaro, chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party…"
CAUGHT ON TAPE Dem Operative Stuffs Ballot Box in Arizona Video The Gateway Pundit

He was not ballot stuffing. That story was 100 percent manufactured bullshit, and you gobbled it right up, like a good little rube.

One does have to wonder why someone would be so insistent on wasting taxpayer dollars on Voter ID, taking money away from things which would actually stop or prevent voter fraud.

What would be the motive for that? They must want voter fraud to continue.

States with stricter voter identification laws also do not have any impact on voter fraud, thus there is utter failure at proving the need for Voter ID in the first place. Not once has any Voter ID proponent ever produced a case of real life voter fraud which could only have been caught or prevented by Voter ID.

Not once have they ever produced a real case of voter fraud which was caught by Voter ID.

Big deal. You have Voter ID. So what? It does no good. At all. It wastes taxpayer dollars.

So why do you insist on wasting taxpayer money on Voter ID? I think you must want voter fraud to continue unabated. We could have used that money for things which actually work.

Obama won because you pretty much knew exactly what he was going to do. No one had a clue what Romney was going to do.

Kind of like now. No one has a clue what the Republicans are going to do if and when they win the Senate in the mid terms.

Because they are cowards. They don't have the balls to tell you what they will do.

"RNC Chairman Unveils 11 GOP Principles at GWU"
RNC Chairman Unveils 11 GOP Principles at GWU - Daniel Doherty

October 2nd.

An improvement for you: only three weeks behind.

Forum List

Back