Economics Ph.D in one lesson if you know difference....

Of topic, but Uncensored, have you read Rothbard's four volume tome "Conceived in Liberty"?

No, and I really should.

WAY off topic: I started this journey in the 90's when my mom gave me a copy of "Man, Economy, and State." She said it was written by "some crazy libertarian," but still had some good points. Obviously I thought it have more than a few points to it, and became enthralled with Rothbard, and soon, Harry Browne. I ended up with the pleasure of having lunch with Mr. Browne. Oh, it wasn't a one on one thing, it was at a big convention, still I was able to sit at his table and chat with him, a great honor. Politically, Browne influenced me more than Rothbard did.

Other Rothbard books I've read are "What has government done to our money?" "Power and Market" and "America's Great Depression."

it's one that I've been meaning to read for some time now and just picked it up as one full hardcover. Is my mind to be blown, should you by chance have read it?

Lew Rockwell has it in PDF, free of charge. Time is the enemy, of course.

yeah, it's a giant 1,700 page tome. But it's one Ive been meaning to spend some time in the leather reading chair with. I'm also a product of the 90s in Austrian learning. The first one I was put to was Human Action (scholars edition) by von Mises. I actually had trouble with some concepts in the book, which led me to seek out more and more literature of his and those who were influenced by his works.

whats propaganda in the Austrian school?? Do you mean its mistaken?

Of course as a liberal you have no idea do you.

Who do you look to as the preeminent voice of the Austrian school?

An illiterate liberal tries to change the subject!!! Once again, what's propaganda in the Austrian school?? Do you mean its mistaken? Why mistaken!!

They too, can be at odds on a subject. There are, some underlining agreements on economics from Austrian scholars, however.

yes big disagreements with Friedman too but they were all very very anti-government as opposed to liberals

Well, Friedman was a New Keynesian that pushed monetarism. He certainly advocated free markets in the 80s too, but his views were not necessarily consistent with Austrian scholars (he wasn't even of that school). He's most certainly an improvement over today's Keynesian take on monetary policy though.

I call them LOLberals, not liberals. Liberalism was actually the very principles that founded this nation. Liberalism, is deeply rooted in liberty. As opposed to LOLberalism, which more closely resembles a retarded version of Marxism/environmentalism/special interest group.

I call them LOLberals, not liberals. Liberalism was actually the very principles that founded this nation. Liberalism, is deeply rooted in liberty. As opposed to LOLberalism, which more closely resembles a retarded version of Marxism/environmentalism/special interest group.

That's all true enough but it seems to me at heart liberalism is moral bigotry. They simply feel superior because they care or help with welfare. It touches their empathetic and caring souls because they lack the IQ to understand the disincentives to those who get welfare and those taxed to pay for it.

Classical liberals do care and understand that true worth is found in developing the opportunities for one's fellow human beings along with oneself.

Libertarians as well as extremist rightists and other sociopaths have no morals whatsoever. They are completely selfish and unconnected to their fellow human beings.

Classical liberals do care and understand that true worth is found in developing the opportunities for one's fellow human beings along with oneself.

too perfectly stupid as usual!! Jefferson was a classical liberal! He was all about stopping the cancer of the non productive ripping off the productive through government.

Libertarians as well as extremist rightists and other sociopaths have no morals whatsoever. They are completely selfish and unconnected to their fellow human beings.

yes exactly; you're the perfect morality bigot!!
China just switched to capitalism and everyone is getting rich rather than starving to death under the disincentives of liberalism but you're still a perfect liberal bigot, i.e., violent, superior, deadly; without reason!

Too stupid Edward continues to rant and chant. :lol:

What a bunch of buffons.

Modern libertarians are valueless and without morals.

They are the flip side of communists.

Both modern evils.

Jefferson would not pee on Edward if he were on fire.

What a bunch of buffons.

Both modern evils.

China just switched to capitalism and everyone is getting rich rather than starving to death under the disincentives of liberalism but you're still a perfect liberal bigot, i.e., violent, superior, deadly; 100%without reason!

Morality bigot means nothing, Edward.

The average Chinese's condition is much that of our slums and rural poverty you moron.

Don't make comparisons that you can't possibly support with evidence.

Yes, you are valueless. You are the equivalent of the communist morally, Too Stupid Edward.

It doesn't take a PhD to understand how the economy works. If Romer and Bernstein are representative (and they are), the current "school" of economics is an impediment to such understanding.

Just sayin'.

It doesn't take a PhD to understand how the economy works. If Romer and Bernstein are representative (and they are), the current "school" of economics is an impediment to such understanding.

Just sayin'.

Yes they think taxing the productive to give to the unproductive can grow an economy when in reality an economy can only grow if the productive class invents new stuff! We got from the stone age to here because of new stuff!!

EB is ignoring the last 90 years and wants to go back to plantation slavery. He makes no sense.

What a bunch of buffons.

Both modern evils.

China just switched to capitalism and everyone is getting rich rather than starving to death under the disincentives of liberalism but you're still a perfect liberal bigot, i.e., violent, superior, deadly; 100%without reason!

What kind of capitalism did China just switch to? Are conservatives going to label the type of China's capitalism by deed or by what they want the world to believe? Should America have backed Mao instead of Chiang?

Forum List

Back