Easter Dinner

Carrots should only be eaten raw. If eaten cooked, the only acceptable version are those cooked with a beef roast, onions, and potatoes in an oven for hours. :D

I bet your veggie friends would like it, but how about sweet potato casserole then?

I hate carrots cooked with roast.

I love fried carrots, though...carrots cut on the diagonal and cooked on high heat in some sort of oil. Seasoned with a little soy sauce or teriyaki.

Yum.

I'm making Easter dinner for 7 people, 2 kids, and a vegetarian.

What the hell do vegetarians eat for Easter dinner? :eek:

I'm likely making a ham, parsley (red) potatoes, asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and I don't know what else yet.

Not rabbits.

Yeah Rabbits are part of the Bible easter story.

They will rise up from the dead on the dinner table if you prepare them for easter.

Nut loaf.
I don't actually celebrate Easter, but nut loaf sounded appropriate. And delicious...

Ask the vegetarian what they would like to eat, then make that.

My sister in law makes vegetarian lasagna for my daughter and I when we go there for family functions. Or if it's more casual, veggie subs. Don't sweat it, I always hate it when someone makes a big fuss over us being 'vegetarian' and what they should make us to eat. A lot of time the sides are enough to fill up on.

I'm not a vegetarian but I always like the sides in Spring and Summer. (desserts too)

I always end up not eating much ham so I can have more sides.

i havent got a clue...next sunday you say....i need to get moving....i like to color eggs...some years i only use natural dyes...some years i go all paas

I did this one year for Easter.. Haven't had time, since.. Daaaaaaaaamn is that time consuming.

pysanky.jpg

Mine didn't turn out that good. I did a couple pretty/floral ones, but I liked Skulls and Nine Inch Nails better. :D

I'm likely making a ham, parsley (red) potatoes, asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and I don't know what else yet.

Grass!

I just put the coloring out on the table and let the kids go nuts. Our eggs usually are kinda grubby looking, with little dark spots where the water pools on them...

Grass!

We're having ham, potato salad, jello salad, pork & beans, and this pineapple cake my mom makes.

I just put the coloring out on the table and let the kids go nuts. Our eggs usually are kinda grubby looking, with little dark spots where the water pools on them...

Oh, it's the best when they want to dip them (still wet) in to each color, and you end up with shades of brown you didn't know existed, and a bright red bunny sticker (slightly crooked of course) right smack dab on the point of the egg, and then you go to give them a bath when all is said and done, and quietly wonder how they got egg dye on the middle of their back... :eusa_whistle:

Oh, it's the best when they want to dip them (still wet) in to each color, and you end up with shades of brown you didn't know existed, and a bright red bunny sticker (slightly crooked of course) right smack dab on the point of the egg, and then you go to give them a bath when all is said and done, and quietly wonder how they got egg dye on the middle of their back... :eusa_whistle:

Let's just use natural brown eggs, not color them and say we did! What time is dinner?

Tell them if G-D wanted us to be veggies, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.

sooooooooo i am having the kids...and one more for dinner....when a friend suddenly goes...lets do something different....(she thinks she can get out of dinner with the in laws) and mentions tongue....tripe or sweetbreads....now suddenly i have this vision of my family sitting down to tongue...did i mention, we too, have our token veggie person? even sliced up...i dont think you can cover up the fact that its tongue...so we call the meat center...no tongue...no tripe...no sweetbreads....they got lamb....lol....so the bottom line

its saturday and i got no clue what i will serve tomorrow....

o and yes...pagans do eastra to celebrate spring....

perhaps we can just roast someone ....

sooooooooo i am having the kids...and one more for dinner....when a friend suddenly goes...lets do something different....(she thinks she can get out of dinner with the in laws) and mentions tongue....tripe or sweetbreads....now suddenly i have this vision of my family sitting down to tongue...did i mention, we too, have our token veggie person? even sliced up...i dont think you can cover up the fact that its tongue...so we call the meat center...no tongue...no tripe...no sweetbreads....they got lamb....lol....so the bottom line

its saturday and i got no clue what i will serve tomorrow....

o and yes...pagans do eastra to celebrate spring....

perhaps we can just roast someone ....

I just finished menu last night, shopping and prepping today. No vegans are coming. ;) 7 for dinner, 13 for dessert:

Easter Dinner

Ham
Roasted Asparagus (double)
Deviled Eggs (dozen)
Scalloped Potatoes with Creme Fraiche
Baked beans
Pineapple upside down cake
Lemon Meringue Pie (Chris)
Snow Pea and Green Beans Salad
Tomato, Pepper and Onion Salad
Dinner Rolls
Pop
Wine/Beer/Champagne
Paula bringing Jello salad

Tell them if G-D wanted us to be veggies, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.

Oh just fucking spell the whole word out you pussy.

Forum List

Back