First time eating a Big Mac in probably 25 years....

McDonalds saw this post and vows to do better! Actually it came out last week but close:

McDonald’s MCD 1.46%increase; green up pointing triangle
decided it’s had enough with dry patties and squishy buns. For the past seven years, the chain that made its name on burgers has been on a quest to improve its signature offering.

The changes are now rolling out in the U.S., including on its Big Mac. The two all-beef patties are cooked in smaller batches for a more uniform sear. There’s more special sauce. The lettuce, cheese and pickles have been rethought to be fresher and meltier, and the bun is now a buttery brioche, with the sesame seeds more randomly scattered for a homemade look.

The more than 50 tweaks on its burgers add up to the Chicago-based company’s biggest upgrades in decades to its core menu. With increased competition in the burger market—especially from higher-end, fast-casual burger chains such as Five Guys—executives decided to revamp some of the industrial-scale techniques that have produced cheap, uniform burgers. In some cases, McDonald’s is reviving practices it scrapped long ago in a push for efficiency.
“We can do it quick, fast and safe, but it doesn’t necessarily taste great. So, we want to incorporate quality into where we’re at,” said Chris Young, McDonald’s senior director of global menu strategy.

Fast food joints are everywhere in this country, yet the food dispensed is almost universally garbage.

Is it any wonder so many Americans are fat and unhealthy?

I recently tried a Quarterpounder with cheese for the first time in probably decades. They shrink it big time and it was tasteless. It’s hardly a quarter pound of meat.

Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.
So here is my take::

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
What the hell - it is thinner than the pickle or even the thin tomato slice!!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.
Thats caused by inflation

And inflation is caused by government stubidity

There is a reason for that....They want you in and out ASAP.

I remember that they once had a playground outside for the kids.....The goblin women would bring their kids there to play and stay for hours.

Most of them got shed of the playgrounds.
V4uuFazg.jpg

Looks like one of those boring Apple stores.

Fast food joints are everywhere in this country, yet the food dispensed is almost universally garbage.

Is it any wonder so many Americans are fat and unhealthy?

I recently tried a Quarterpounder with cheese for the first time in probably decades. They shrink it big time and it was tasteless. It’s hardly a quarter pound of meat.
Brought to you by:

OIP.4Sg0u6bKikWrVCr9f98UjwHaEL

If I see one of those at a eatery I know what to expect inside......Hard pass.

What about Subways? I used to like their 12 inch meatball heros topped with everything. I’d often save half for later. But that was decades ago — when I was working, maybe in a rush … and my teeth could still handle it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if it is still available or any good?

What about Subways? I used to like their 12 inch meatball heros topped with everything. I’d often save half for later. But that was decades ago — when I was working, maybe in a rush … and my teeth could still handle it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if it is still available or any good?
I found that nasty last time. They microwave the meatballs and they were still cold and meat was dry. The bread was stale.

Chick-Fil-A still serves a big tender chicken filet on their sandwiches. I love them. When I want a hamburger I go to Applebees.

I really think working men need to start making sandwiches and boxed lunches again! Maybe if we just strike these expensive fast food joints we would be eating better and will force them to go out of business or improve.

I do miss the old Latino family restaurants that used to be popular in NYC. (Some good Cuban-Chinese places too.) I especially liked the huge plates of rice and beans, gravy, plantains, a roll of bread, and a nice sized leg of chicken for … I think it was just $3.49. Guess I’m showing my age!

Last edited:
I really think working men need to start making sandwiches and boxed lunches again! Maybe if we just strike these expensive fast food joints we would be eating better and will force them to go out of business or improve.

I do miss the old NYC Latino family food that used to be popular in NYC. (Some good Chinese places too.) I especially liked the huge plates of rice and beans, gravy, plantains, a roll of bread, and a leg of chicken for … I think it was just $3.49. Guess I’m showing my age!
I still make my own lunch everyday.
Eating fast food daily for lunch at ten bucks a pop would be excessively unhealthy and expensive.

Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.

Think back to the 80's and before.
Fast food burgers actually tasted like a burger.
Kids nowadays have no idea what they missed out on. Everything from tomatoes to burgers taste like shit now.

Eventually MC'y D's is going belly up just like their customers. Though their coffee is a lot cheaper than Starbucks and probably still better.

In breaking news however, A New York MC Donalds was able to keep rioting Palestinian protestors out
by offering them free quarter pounders with cheese, so I guess it's not all bad.

Forum List

Back