First time eating a Big Mac in probably 25 years....

Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.
So here is my take::

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
What the hell - it is thinner than the pickle or even the thin tomato slice!!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.

1701629146952.png

1701629210071.png

First went there about forty-five years ago. I have a couple of boats moored in the Marina nearby. A good option after a long day on the water.

Just a good spot.

Greg

Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.
McDonald's cuisine definitely has not improved in any way over the years and I agree it is a whole lot worse in several areas. There egg mcmuffin once was a reasonably (for fast food) nutritious snack when you had to have breakfast on the run. Now it is a mostly tasteless and greasy mess. And I had a big mac more recently than you and never ordered another for the very reason you mention. Or maybe it's just that our food preferences have changed over time? I really don't believe it's that.

The only thing McDonalds does really well now are its fries which are exceptional, but I rarely ever eat fries any more anywhere.

Alas. All 'progress' is not good.

McDonald's cuisine definitely has not improved in any way over the years and I agree it is a whole lot worse in several areas. There egg mcmuffin once was a reasonably (for fast food) nutritious snack when you had to have breakfast on the run. Now it is a mostly tasteless and greasy mess. And I had a big mac more recently than you and never ordered another for the very reason you mention. Or maybe it's just that our food preferences have changed over time? I really don't believe it's that.

The only thing McDonalds does really well now are its fries which are exceptional, but I rarely ever eat fries any more anywhere.

Alas. All 'progress' is not good.
Yeah I don't eat french fries anymore either, well except ones I make at home - baked.
Deep fried anything rips me up pretty good. I loooove fried onion rings... but alas... I will pay for it for nearly 24 hours afterwards.

Yeah I don't eat french fries anymore either, well except ones I make at home - baked.
Deep fried anything rips me up pretty good. I loooove fried onion rings... but alas... I will pay for it for nearly 24 hours afterwards.
I too like fried onion rings and very occasionally indulge at restaurants that offer really good fresh made ones. For fries now I use my air fryer. Lightly coat with olive oil and salt the cut fries, throw them in the air fryer for 10 minutes or so. Yummy.

View attachment 867440

View attachment 867442

First went there about forty-five years ago. I have a couple of boats moored in the Marina nearby. A good option after a long day on the water.

Just a good spot.

Greg
Those burgers look a million times better than that one you posted on the other thread with beet slices on it.

There are plenty of places to get good burgers here in the States but it seems like the chains like McDonalds are going downhill.

Those burgers look a million times better than that one you posted on the other thread with beet slices on it.

There are plenty of places to get good burgers here in the States but it seems like the chains like McDonalds are going downhill.
Five Guys was good at first, but as they expanded the quality went way downhill.
Rather pricey for a burger joint with a very limited menu, and it looks like your eating in their storeroom.
A proper sitdown burger restaurant usually has the best for a couple bucks more.

Five Guys was good at first, but as they expanded the quality went way downhill.
Rather pricey for a burger joint with a very limited menu, and it looks like your eating in their storeroom.
A proper sitdown burger restaurant usually has the best for a couple bucks more.
To me Culvers is good. It is a fairly large chain but I don't think they are in all the states.

I haven't eaten at either one but people seem to like In and Out and Whataburger. None of them around where I live.

The burgers at Chili's use to be good but I haven't been to one since before the Pandemic so I don't know if they are still OK or not.

In my AO we have several really good burger restaurants but most of the fast food joints have really gone down hill.

I too like fried onion rings and very occasionally indulge at restaurants that offer really good fresh made ones. For fries now I use my air fryer. Lightly coat with olive oil and salt the cut fries, throw them in the air fryer for 10 minutes or so. Yummy.
That is exactly what I do, I said baked, but that is what I use to do before I got an air fryer

Too much lettuce. Give me a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and some fries :)
I like lettuce on my sandwiches and on my burgers want the buns toasted, the meat well seasoned and done but not overcooked, with just the right balance of lettuce, onion, tomato. Mustard, no mayonnaise. I can eat them with cheese but prefer no cheese.

Our local Albertsons market sells smallish hamburger buns that aren't a lot larger than sliders. But toasted and with the right filler are excellent. This is how I want my burger to look:

1701640492262.png

The regular McD patty has been the same size (1.6oz) for at least thirty years.

Forum List

Back