First time eating a Big Mac in probably 25 years....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.
So here is my take::

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
What the hell - it is thinner than the pickle or even the thin tomato slice!!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.

1701609611928.png

~S~

Nevermind the circumstances as to how this came about... no one is interested in that.
So here is my take::

1) Holy cow what happened to the patty?? You call this a hamburger?? OMG - the patty is literally only am 1/8" thick!
What the hell - it is thinner than the pickle or even the thin tomato slice!!
2) All you taste is the sauce. It drowns out everything else. You taste nothing but the sauce.
3) This is undoubtedly the worst excuse I have ever seen called a hamburger. You could 100% remove the two micro-thin patties and no way could you taste the difference.

Hopefully I will never have to eat another one of these ridiculous things for the rest of my life.
They used to be my favorite years ago. Now it is an overly salted but otherwise tasteless meat patty. Couldn't even finish the last one I tried a couple years ago. Yuk.
It never looks like the picture in the ads. Just a sloppy mess.

Burger King is even worse, and many have closed for good in my area. That franchise is slowly dying.

If I do a quick burger I will go to Culver's.

I like the Whopper.F the Big Mac.
Same here but it's more of a salad burger now.....I simply won't pay the robber's prices they are getting for any of the sub-standard swill the FF places are offering now......I carry my provender with me.

I don't agree but I can understand. ;)

R.8fe9e26216d7bdea0d28b552d96f27c8

We have one Mom & Pop place in town (Splunker's) that serves a real burger and fries like from the 60s.

This is really what you get.....Though I opt for the single with bacon. It's always super busy.

It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.....Great frozen custard too!

OIP.beqqxtm1Fy063HDud5Z0xAHaFj

the Big Mac has always been about the sauce, which they claim is unique. Quarter Pounder is the only one I'll eat from there, and I only go to McD's when there is no option. Last time I had one of their chicken salads it was pretty good.

I have the general impression that all fast food joints are under pressure to cut costs and raise prices, and the quality of the food suffers. Wendy's salads used to be sold in two sizes, but they quit selling a "half salad," and shrunk the size of the "regular" salad so that it is about the same size as what a half salad used to be, while raising the price significantly. An adult "happy meal" - Burger Fries and a Coke - is well over $10 in all the ones I see locally.

The one "meal" that I do get regularly is from Arby's, with my wife. A "market sandwich" is large enough to feed two adults. The "meal" includes a drink and fries ("crinkle" if you please) , and if you go to "medium" size, the fries are enough for two to share. Add a separate drink and one of their good cookies, and you have lunch for two people for about $17.

Guys. They use 100% USDA approved beef from real farms like Keystone Foods in Pennsylvania which provides 150M lbs. It’s simply a mix of chuck, round, and sirloin.

The issue with the Big Mac is that it is a ton of bread and sauce with a small amount of meat. The burgers you guys like are giant meat patties with tons of added salt and spices. Nothing wrong with any of that. You know what you are getting.

the Big Mac has always been about the sauce, which they claim is unique. Quarter Pounder is the only one I'll eat from there, and I only go to McD's when there is no option. Last time I had one of their chicken salads it was pretty good.

I have the general impression that all fast food joints are under pressure to cut costs and raise prices, and the quality of the food suffers. Wendy's salads used to be sold in two sizes, but they quit selling a "half salad," and shrunk the size of the "regular" salad so that it is about the same size as what a half salad used to be, while raising the price significantly. An adult "happy meal" - Burger Fries and a Coke - is well over $10 in all the ones I see locally.

The one "meal" that I do get regularly is from Arby's, with my wife. A "market sandwich" is large enough to feed two adults. The "meal" includes a drink and fries ("crinkle" if you please) , and if you go to "medium" size, the fries are enough for two to share. Add a separate drink and one of their good cookies, and you have lunch for two people for about $17.
Arby's went to crap in my book years ago when they got rid of the meat roasters that you could see and workers slicing the meat fresh for each sandwich.

Arby's went to crap in my book years ago when they got rid of the meat roasters that you could see and workers slicing the meat fresh for each sandwich.
I go there once.. maybe twice a year. Sandwiches are pretty good for fast food. Not sure how they stay in business as I never see anyone on those 2 visits or in the drive through when I pass by on the way to work.

Truth be told, The most real tasting fast food in my experiences was always Wendys but I haven't eaten there in years.

I go there once.. maybe twice a year. Sandwiches are pretty good for fast food. Not sure how they stay in business as I never see anyone on those 2 visits or in the drive through when I pass by on the way to work.
My favorite years ago was called the Arby's Super. Large roast beef with shredded lettuce and tomato and had a french Western type sauce on it.

We very seldom eat fast food. Like maybe two or three times a year. When we do it is usually Chic Fil A or Culvers.

Last week we were busy doing to some running around and didn't want to cook supper so we did a drive through at Wendy's. The last time we did Wendy's was at least six or seven years ago. We remembered it as being OK. We were very disappointed in the burgers. Not at all as good as we remembered. The meat was tasteless, the bun a little stale and other ingredients poor. Fries were limp and tasteless.

No way would we do McDonald's, Burger King or Taco Bell nowadays. We were disappointed in them a couple of decades ago. Now we can add Wendy's to that list. I don't think our taste has change. I think the quality has just gone down hill.

Forum List

Back