Durham probe will lead to indictments 'at the top' in coming months.

I don't need a 3rd vaccine appointment until February. Two weeks ago I attended a ML Baseball game. Last week I went to the horse races. We were supposed to play euchre at the Optimist's Hall last night but my friend, who was driving, was exhausted after getting her garden ready for winter. Live, in person church services have returned, and kids are going to school with few cases.

It's great to live in a country with good governance, and a well educated population. This is what an 80% vaccination rate will get you. I also think that the Prime Minister of New Zealand is onto something when she says that not having Rupert Murdoch media in our country is a benefit to the nation.
Your government redefined freedom for you?
Astounding that you're so appreciative.

Your government redefined freedom for you?
Astounding that you're so appreciative.

No, my government made it possible for us to get back to life as "normal" as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible. We never had shortages of PPE or other supplies in any of our hospitals and nursing homes. The government set up a low cost purchase and distribution network nation-wide to ensure our hospitals had all of the testing and PPE resources they needed.

In March of last year, they were contracting with Canadian suppliers for ventilators, face shields, and other protective equipment BEFORE the long term implications of the pandemic had been made public. My son's company was contracted to make electronics boards for respirators under this program.

Trudeau purchased every shot of vaccine that he could lay hands on. It's embarrassing how much vaccine we have. All we're getting here now is Pfizer and Moderna. They dropped Astra Zeneca like a hot potato when the clotting issue showed up, and they never approved J&J. Our only hiccup was that Pfizer was barred by Trump's EO from exporting vaccine from the USA, so we had to wait until they were able to ship to us from Germany, which slowed us down by a month, in distribution.

Am I appreciative that life has returned to normal where I live, and that Canada has had 1/3 of the disease and death that the USA continues to experience? You're still having massive disruptions to your daily lives due to the pandemic? Damn Skippy I'm appreciative of being able to travel, go to sporting events, concerts, and family events

OTOH, if we were in the same kind of mess you're in, we wouldn't have returned Trudeau to power in that stupid election he had last month. Canadians demand competence from our government. We elect governments not based on ideology, but rather based on competence and honesty. Trudeau didn't get the mandate he wanted because of ongoing corruption issues. But he retained his minority government on the basis of his competence.

Forum List

Back