Donald trump's "negatives" and the GOP's future

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
I have followed trump for decades and know several who know him. We all have the same take. Trump is a good patriotic American, a nice guy, and clean.

But

The guy rubs half the people the wrong way. He is arrogant and egotistic and too many times everything is about him, just him, and only him. He also has a temper and is not quite as smart as he says he is. In national politics, that is "toxic."

Trump's attacks on Ron Desantis were grotesquely unprofessional and too much ME ME ME.

Those who hate trump really hate him. REALLY. Trump making the midterms about trump did NOT help the cause. It inspired haters.

Exhibit A of such toxicity was in 2016 with the Latino judge.

How Reagan would have handled it - I respect our judges, but it is fair to say this judge is not a supporter. He and I disagree. I support a border wall. He and the groups he belongs to do not. Perhaps he should recuse himself

Trump - HE's A MEXICAN!!!

Trump did not win in 2016, Hillary lost. Trump won with over 50 negative rating.

In 2020 trump ran a much better election and blew out Biden, and then the cheating happened on a scale we've never seen before.

But trump still has over 50% NEGATIVES

That is toxic

And it will never change

Still leaning DeSantis

Trump will take these midterms as a reason to run again

See? they love me

I have followed trump for decades and know several who know him. We all have the same take. Trump is a good patriotic American, a nice guy, and clean.

But

The guy rubs half the people the wrong way. He is arrogant and egotistic and too many times everything is about him, just him, and only him. He also has a temper and is not quite as smart as he says he is. In national politics, that is "toxic."

Trump's attacks on Ron Desantis were grotesquely unprofessional and too much ME ME ME.

Those who hate trump really hate him. REALLY. Trump making the midterms about trump did NOT help the cause. It inspired haters.

Exhibit A of such toxicity was in 2016 with the Latino judge.

How Reagan would have handled it - I respect our judges, but it is fair to say this judge is not a supporter. He and I disagree. I support a border wall. He and the groups he belongs to do not. Perhaps he should recuse himself

Trump - HE's A MEXICAN!!!

Trump did not win in 2016, Hillary lost. Trump won with over 50 negative rating.

In 2020 trump ran a much better election and blew out Biden, and then the cheating happened on a scale we've never seen before.

But trump still has over 50% NEGATIVES

That is toxic

And it will never change

Still leaning DeSantis
Now is the time for Republicans to show him the door. I think the party is ready to do that.
However, it's the MAGA voters that will have to be convinced.

The fact is that Trump is stronger than ever among Republicans.
And that will continue to be a boat anchor around the GOP's neck.
Last night should have seen way more gains for Republicans..if not for one man and the candidates he helped move forward.
THAT is the GOP's near term future..unless you show Trump the door.

Last night should have seen way more gains for Republicans..if not for one man and the candidates he helped move forward.
This election had nothing to do with Trump. This is a deeply divided country and the election results indicate that.

This election had nothing to do with Trump. This is a deeply divided country and the election results indicate that.
Of course it did. The GOP put forward crappy candidates who were steeped in election fraud conspiracy theories and other things the majority of voters wanted no part of.
These candidates were there largely because the former President was/is popular in his party. And they lost. Some of them big time.

Yes we are a divided country, but last night was largely Trump's fault (again, see the 2020 GA Senate runoffs). If he had backed better candidates, Republicans would have fared better.

Joe Biden out Trumped Trump. It is who throws the platitudes who convinces the idiots that vote. Trump does not have that luxury. Bidne does. There is a lot of psychology and propaganda involved in elections now. If it is proven that Trump is a liability in some ways than he has to become a kingmaker if not the king. I cannot disregard the man because he showed us the reality of the national political class and most of the politics of the world.

This election was a direct repudiation of Trumpism

His candidates lost
Election deniers lost
MAGA lost

Trump will take it as a sign to run again
Republicans will sense weakness and run against him

DeSantis senses blood in the water

That is nuts.

Even with the cheating, which is massive, the red wave was muted.

Trump "announcing" he will announce a week later did not help, it hurt badly, it made the midterms about trump, and when it did, faun rightwinger and candy SMILED.

His candidates lost
Election deniers lost
MAGA lost

No matter what it is Progs who have no answers. Voting for more inflation, higher fuel prices, and a lower standard of living is a Venezuela thing. We are reaching Imelda Marcos, Evita Peron, Che and Chavez territory enroute to Castro, Stalin and Mao.

His candidates lost
Election deniers lost
MAGA lost

Election deniers did not lose, they were PROPHETIC

His candidates lost
Election deniers lost
MAGA lost

People are just entrenched in their ideologies.

Forum List

Back