Donald Trump just savaged an(other) American hero

But Powell was better if comparing the two.

Powell had a distinguished military career. I respect his service to our country.

I merely pointed out that McCain voluntarily engaged the enemy. Powell did not

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse...
Here's the problem on a macro scale, at least as I see it:

In a normal time, any one of the thousands of ugly/childish things that he has said and tweeted and whatever else, would be considered shocking, unprofessional and simply unacceptable. But now, six years after he first entered the "presidential" picture, they're just another comment from the guy.

In their obedient and transparent effort to protect him, his enablers will point to things said by leftists and claim equivalency, completely ignoring the fact that he was President of the United States of America, and that our standards for that person must be much higher.

This one person, with the aggressive assistance of those who have essentially sold their souls to enable him, have lowered this country into the mud. There are no more standards, no more expectations, of the behavior of the President, and it's spreading through our culture like wildfire.

When fundamental dignity, decency and reason are mocked, a country is in serious trouble.

Last edited:
You claim that I didn't, so you show where I disrespected him.
no...my claim is that you only found said respect AFTER you realized McCain hated Trump. The left loves to tout their respect for McCain but we all know its bullshit. I never said you "disrespected" him. I simply asked for confirmation of your claimed "respect" of him.

Your lack of confirmation of that is noted.

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse:

* Trump "made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan."

* Of McCain, Trump said: "In his own very special way, he was a RINO's RINO."

* Trump won Arizona in 2016 "despite [McCain] fighting against me."

* Trump noted that McCain "was close to last in his class at Annapolis."

Remember that Trump is talking about a man who spent years in a North Vietnamese prison camp where he was repeatedly tortured. The harm he suffered while in captivity stayed with him the rest of his life. (He could never lift his arm above his head again.) After his release, McCain served in the House and then was elected to the US Senate in 1986, where he served for more than three decades. He ran for president twice, winning the Republican nomination in 2008.

In short, whatever you think of McCain's politics, this was a man who spent nearly his entire life serving his country in some way, shape or form. You can like or dislike him personally -- and politically -- but there is no way to dispute that.

Which brings me back to Trump. Who, despite insisting that no one loves the military (and its commanders) more than him, has now publicly denigrated two highly-decorated military men in the last five days.

The hypocrisy there is obvious. But of course, Trump won't acknowledge it. That is simply Trump being Trump.

Now watch how many right wingers come out and defend this garbage.

Trump attacks a man when he was too much of a coward to even serve.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn.

He has attacked 2 men who deserve nothing but honor and respect from this country.

To quote Nicholas in A Few Good Men.

I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
McCain was a stupid arrogant RINO.

If you want to know about what kind of a "hero" the sonofabitch was just look up how he chickenshitted out with the fire on the Forrestal.

You know how you can tell McLame isn't an American hero?

Democrats say he is.

What's next? Democrats cheer on Dick Cheney?
If he denounces Trump you bet your ass they will cheer him on!!!!

Thats all it takes to become "well respected" by the left. Just denounce Trump and you're all of a sudden one of the guys!!!!

:auiqs.jpg:

The fact that you think it is funny just shows how weak and how you clowns are nothing but hypocrites.

It was not funny. you people are, for pretending that this is "savage".

McCain was tortured for years. You think he would whine like a faggot over being called a rhino?

LOL!!!

Libtards are always confused about things like this.

McCain was a shitty RINO Senator.

He was a shitty pilot that crashed three aircraft.

He was a traitor to country when he voted against doing away with Obamacare just to spite Trump.

He was a coward during the fire aboard the Forrestal.

Being a POW does not make someone a hero. Especially when being a shitty pilot made him a POW.

He deserves ridicule.

rightwinger
Since most of my family to include my mother, Father, two brothers, all my aunts and Uncles were in the military I'd say you are full of shit.

I'd say you're the one who doesn't love the country since you want all illegals who cost we tax payers billions each year to come on over. Illegals who murder rob and rape American citizens.

Oh and Colin Powell received a Bronze star and purple heart. They don't give those for just standing around.

Trump has never stopped savaging McCain

You might consider being called a "rhino", being "savaged".

McCain would not. I do not. Trump certainly doesn't.

And in fact, I don't believe that you really think it either. YOu are just pretending you do, so you have an excuse to have hissy fit.

no...my claim is that you only found said respect AFTER you realized McCain hated Trump. The left loves to tout their respect for McCain but we all know its bullshit. I never said you "disrespected" him. I simply asked for confirmation of your claimed "respect" of him.

Your lack of confirmation of that is noted.
I served in the US Army, so I RESPECT anyone who serves or has served. Now run and tell that.

Powell had a distinguished military career. I respect his service to our country.

I merely pointed out that McCain voluntarily engaged the enemy. Powell did not

We republicans respected him for his service too.

We disrespect him, for his betrayal of us, in favor of Obama.

ONly a gaslighting asshole would pretend that there is anything wrong with that.

Here's the problem on a macro scale, at least as I see it:

In a normal time, any one of the thousands of ugly/childish things that he has said and tweeted and whatever else, would be considered shocking, unprofessional and simply unacceptable. But now, six years after he first entered the "presidential" picture, they're just another comment from the guy.

In their obedient and transparent effort to protect him, his enablers will point to things said by leftists and claim equivalency, completely ignoring the fact that he was President of the United States of America, and that our standards for that person must be much higher.

This one person, with the aggressive assistance of those who have essentially sold their souls to enable him, have lowered this country into the mud. There are no more standards, no more expectations, of the behavior of the President, and it's spreading through our culture like wildfire.

When fundamental dignity, decency and reason are mocked, a country is in serious trouble.

There has been a rising tide of partisan bitterness for a long time now.

Trump did not start it. Indeed, in a real way he is our answer to your side's superior tactics in weaponizing that partisan bitterness in the media and pop culture.

During the Obama years, normal partisan opposition was constantly smeared as "wacist" by dems.

IMO, that took what could have been a nice milestone, ie the First Black President, adn turned it into a defeat for the nation, a serious STEP BACK, in race relations.

There has been a rising tide of partisan bitterness for a long time now.

Trump did not start it. Indeed, in a real way he is our answer to your side's superior tactics in weaponizing that partisan bitterness in the media and pop culture.

During the Obama years, normal partisan opposition was constantly smeared as "wacist" by dems.

IMO, that took what could have been a nice milestone, ie the First Black President, adn turned it into a defeat for the nation, a serious STEP BACK, in race relations.
And, a perfect example of the enabling I described, thanks.

Forum List

Back