Donald Trump just savaged an(other) American hero

Looks like conservatives love straight up cowards who claim they are patriotic.
Do they?

Bush II was pretty awful in this regard, as was Clinton.
You are only patriotic if you don't have to pick up a weapon and defend the nation.
Is this your motto?

How sad.

But yeah, McCain and Powell were horrendous, Nazi-level war criminals.

And liberals LOVE them.

Democrats: 21st century Nazis/Nazi worshippers.

Do they?

Bush II was pretty awful in this regard, as was Clinton.

Is this your motto?

How sad.

But yeah, McCain and Powell were horrendous, Nazi-level war criminals.

And liberals LOVE them.

Democrats: 21st century Nazis/Nazi worshippers.
Mccain and Powell were not war criminals.

You have been proven a liar and coward smearing them with this false accusation which you cannot back up

Superbadbrutha
McCain wasn't a hero. He was a surviving POW like thousands of others. People called him a hero and he used that to launch his career in the Govt. And he milked that career for every dime he could get out of we the tax payer.

Superbadbrutha
McCain wasn't a hero. He was a surviving POW like thousands of others. People called him a hero and he used that to launch his career in the Govt. And he milked that career for every dime he could get out of we the tax payer.
Americans who endure torture on behalf of their country are heroes.

You sound like Trump……I prefer those who weren’t captured

rightwinger
No they are not.

McCain was a surviving POW like thousands of others.

You think he was the only POW who got tortured through all our wars?? None of them are hero's they are survivors. I'm glad they all survived.

Audie Murphy was a hero. A Medal of Honor winner.

Smedly Butler won two Medals of Honor.

Boatswain’s Mate 1st Class James Williams holds every level of valor award with a Medal of Honor, a Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, a Legion of Merit with Combat V, two Navy and Marine Corps Medals, three Bronze Stars with Combat V, and two Navy Commendation Medals with Combat.

Williams is also a Vietnam vet.

These guys were hero's.

rightwinger
No they are not.

McCain was a surviving POW like thousands of others.

You think he was the only POW who got tortured through all our wars?? None of them are hero's they are survivors. I'm glad they all survived.

Audie Murphy was a hero. A Medal of Honor winner.

Smedly Butler won two Medals of Honor.

Boatswain’s Mate 1st Class James Williams holds every level of valor award with a Medal of Honor, a Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, a Legion of Merit with Combat V, two Navy and Marine Corps Medals, three Bronze Stars with Combat V, and two Navy Commendation Medals with Combat.

Williams is also a Vietnam vet.

These guys were hero's.

Thank you for demonstrating how Republicans feel about our POWs

Do all our other USMB Republicans feel the same about our POWs?

rightwinger
Since I'm not a Republican I couldn't care less what you think of them.

POW's are to be admired for surviving. They aren't hero's. They are survivors and deserve accolades for having survived. There are thousands of them from every war we ever fought out there. Admired?? Yes. Hero worshipped by anyone other than family. No.

Superbadbrutha
He may not have been a hero, but he was a man who made the ultimate sacrifice for his country as compared to a coward who hid when his country called and folks like you think he is so patriotic.

Superbadbrutha
Colin Powell is someone I've always respected. McCain, not so much.

Colin Powel was head of the Joint Chief of Staff and a Secretary of Defense. He was well worth admiring.

As for Trump? I admire the man for what he did while he was POTUS. I liked gas at 1.70 a gallon and the US being oil independent. I also liked jobs all across the country and UE the lowest it had been in 50 years.

You can call him a coward but you have to call Bidung one as well. How many deferments did Bidung get??

Superbadbrutha
Colin Powell is someone I've always respected. McCain, not so much.

Colin Powel was head of the Joint Chief of Staff and a Secretary of Defense. He was well worth admiring.

As for Trump? I admire the man for what he did while he was POTUS. I liked gas at 1.70 a gallon and the US being oil independent. I also liked jobs all across the country and UE the lowest it had been in 50 years.

You can call him a coward but you have to call Bidung one as well. How many deferments did Bidung get??
They are in the same boat, but you don't see Pres. Biden attacking men who have actually served.

rightwinger
Since I'm not a Republican I couldn't care less what you think of them.

POW's are to be admired for surviving. They aren't hero's. They are survivors and deserve accolades for having survived. There are thousands of them from every war we ever fought out there. Admired?? Yes. Hero worshipped by anyone other than family. No.

Come on USMB Conservatives
Are you as big an asshole as Claudette?

Are POWs heroes or do you prefer those who weren’t captured?

I didn't agree with him politically, but I damn sure respect a man who spent his life serving his country. As compared to a coward who questions others military service when he was too much of a coward himself to serve.
Link us up where you showed that respect. Surely there's a thread prior to the dust up between he and Trump where you lauded the man for his service. I mean if you respected him so much, surely you mentioned it SOMEWHERE!!!

Forum List

Back