Donald Trump just savaged an(other) American hero

Superbadbrutha
McCain wasn't a hero. He was a surviving POW like thousands of others. People called him a hero and he used that to launch his career in the Govt. And he milked that career for every dime he could get out of we the tax payer.

"And McCain's survival through years of nearly fatal torture and hardship in the Hanoi prison known as the "Hanoi Hilton" was made more impressive by his refusal to be repatriated before the release of all the American POWs captured before him."

Seems pretty heroic to me.

Insider

"And McCain's survival through years of nearly fatal torture and hardship in the Hanoi prison known as the "Hanoi Hilton" was made more impressive by his refusal to be repatriated before the release of all the American POWs captured before him."

Seems pretty heroic to me.
to bad he soiled that by what he did in washington as an elected politician,,

in most case one bad act can negate a thousand good deeds, in mccains case he has one good deed and a thousand bad acts,,

fuck john mcccain,,

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse:

* Trump "made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan."

* Of McCain, Trump said: "In his own very special way, he was a RINO's RINO."

* Trump won Arizona in 2016 "despite [McCain] fighting against me."

* Trump noted that McCain "was close to last in his class at Annapolis."

Remember that Trump is talking about a man who spent years in a North Vietnamese prison camp where he was repeatedly tortured. The harm he suffered while in captivity stayed with him the rest of his life. (He could never lift his arm above his head again.) After his release, McCain served in the House and then was elected to the US Senate in 1986, where he served for more than three decades. He ran for president twice, winning the Republican nomination in 2008.

In short, whatever you think of McCain's politics, this was a man who spent nearly his entire life serving his country in some way, shape or form. You can like or dislike him personally -- and politically -- but there is no way to dispute that.

Which brings me back to Trump. Who, despite insisting that no one loves the military (and its commanders) more than him, has now publicly denigrated two highly-decorated military men in the last five days.

The hypocrisy there is obvious. But of course, Trump won't acknowledge it. That is simply Trump being Trump.

Now watch how many right wingers come out and defend this garbage.

Trump attacks a man when he was too much of a coward to even serve.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn.

He has attacked 2 men who deserve nothing but honor and respect from this country.

To quote Nicholas in A Few Good Men.

I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
And yet NOTHING Trump said was wrong. Whining about the truth because it hurts your feelings is always such a becoming TRAIT.

And he then went on to disrespect the party and the President duly elected. One aww SHIT wipes out a 1000 atta boys, every private knows that.
You guys are clueless

McCain swears loyalty to defend the Constitution
Loyalty to the State that elected him comes second
Loyalty to your party comes third

Loyalty to a President that you see as a danger to our Democracy does not enter the picture.

I respect what he did but still don't respect him for actions AFTER that. His time as a POW does not absolve him of bad acts committed over 3 decades in office.
Agree
Even Democrats respected his service to our country but disagreed with his political position

Claudette is clueless

You guys are clueless

Loyalty to a President that you see as a danger to our Democracy does not enter the picture.
Ya blow that bullshit out of your ass. Trump was no threat or danger and was a VERY successful President.

You guys are clueless

and he pissed on the constitution many times and didnt show any loyalty to it since he left vietnam,,

if a POW raped and fucked your wife would you still respect them??

thats the equivalent of what mccain did to this country,,

OK

What did McCain do that equates to rape?
Vote against taking healthcare away from Americans is now rape?

Ya blow that bullshit out of your ass. Trump was no threat or danger and was a VERY successful President.
Trump assaulted our Democracy and tried to steal an election
Trump’s actions after he lost the election proved that McCain was right about Trumps fitness to be President

In a statement ostensibly about the late senator's daughter and her decision to leave "The View," Trump spent most of his time attacking McCain himself. Among the litany of abuse:

* Trump "made it possible for her father to have the world's longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan."

* Of McCain, Trump said: "In his own very special way, he was a RINO's RINO."

* Trump won Arizona in 2016 "despite [McCain] fighting against me."

* Trump noted that McCain "was close to last in his class at Annapolis."

Remember that Trump is talking about a man who spent years in a North Vietnamese prison camp where he was repeatedly tortured. The harm he suffered while in captivity stayed with him the rest of his life. (He could never lift his arm above his head again.) After his release, McCain served in the House and then was elected to the US Senate in 1986, where he served for more than three decades. He ran for president twice, winning the Republican nomination in 2008.

In short, whatever you think of McCain's politics, this was a man who spent nearly his entire life serving his country in some way, shape or form. You can like or dislike him personally -- and politically -- but there is no way to dispute that.

Which brings me back to Trump. Who, despite insisting that no one loves the military (and its commanders) more than him, has now publicly denigrated two highly-decorated military men in the last five days.

The hypocrisy there is obvious. But of course, Trump won't acknowledge it. That is simply Trump being Trump.

Now watch how many right wingers come out and defend this garbage.

Trump attacks a man when he was too much of a coward to even serve.

He claims he loves the military, but attacks military members at every twist and turn.

He has attacked 2 men who deserve nothing but honor and respect from this country.

To quote Nicholas in A Few Good Men.

I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.
So what you are saying is..."Shit mutha phuks....McCain who we condemned is really a brutha"! Joh McCain was a low level privileged person who was given a life much better then deserved. He hated a man more then given the peon people another option and condemned them to pay more in taxes and medical options on the flawed Obamacare.

Forum List

Back