DOES GOD EXIST?

UTube has numerous excellent debates on the subject. This is one of the best.

Define the god you are talking about. There are thousands. By stating the question and assuming it is the 'Christian' god you are talking about answers your own question and results in a loaded question.

You know, I can't prove to anyone else that God exists, but I can point to some very interesting times in my life where I believe He had His Hand guiding me along.

I remember one time I was in foster care, and I really didn't want to be there anymore because the family taking care of me was using me for a paycheck to fund building their house. Well, I decided to run away and got ahold of my case worker in Helena and he told me that I had to go back to Missoula where the foster family was. Well, I went to the bus station, and for some strange reason, the bus left a few minutes early, and I missed it. I talked to my case worker and told him I'd missed the bus and he told me to wait at the station for the next one.

Well.................I really didn't want to go back to the foster family, so I asked the bus clerk how much for a ticket to Chicago. He said 300, but I didn't have that much money. I asked him where the next bus was going, and he said Great Falls (which is close to where my Grandparents lived). I asked how much for the ticket, and it was only 25 bucks, and I had around 30, so I got a ticket to Great Falls.

I then started to hike to Vaughn (where my Grandparents were), which was around 11 miles outside of Great Falls. I stopped at a truck stop to get something to eat and when I finished, I walked out into the parking lot. A group of 3 college students stopped and asked if I needed a ride, and I said that I was going to Vaughn. They said they were going to Missoulla and would be willing to take me all the way there if I wanted. I said no, Vaughn was far enough and I would be okay.

Slept in the schoolyard that night (it was around 1:00 am when I got to Vaughn), and the next morning knocked on my Grandparent's door. Grandma answered the door, asked what I was doing there, and I told her I ran away. She then asked if I was hungry and that breakfast was ready.

Spent my senior year with my Grandparents. The thing I thought was strange was the way the ride showed up, and the fact that it was going to Missoulla. That was God asking me if I was sure I wanted to run away, because when I left the foster family, I also left any chances of my going to college, which is why I joined the Navy.

You know, I can't prove to anyone else that God exists, but I can point to some very interesting times in my life where I believe He had His Hand guiding me along.

I remember one time I was in foster care, and I really didn't want to be there anymore because the family taking care of me was using me for a paycheck to fund building their house. Well, I decided to run away and got ahold of my case worker in Helena and he told me that I had to go back to Missoula where the foster family was. Well, I went to the bus station, and for some strange reason, the bus left a few minutes early, and I missed it. I talked to my case worker and told him I'd missed the bus and he told me to wait at the station for the next one.

Well.................I really didn't want to go back to the foster family, so I asked the bus clerk how much for a ticket to Chicago. He said 300, but I didn't have that much money. I asked him where the next bus was going, and he said Great Falls (which is close to where my Grandparents lived). I asked how much for the ticket, and it was only 25 bucks, and I had around 30, so I got a ticket to Great Falls.

I then started to hike to Vaughn (where my Grandparents were), which was around 11 miles outside of Great Falls. I stopped at a truck stop to get something to eat and when I finished, I walked out into the parking lot. A group of 3 college students stopped and asked if I needed a ride, and I said that I was going to Vaughn. They said they were going to Missoulla and would be willing to take me all the way there if I wanted. I said no, Vaughn was far enough and I would be okay.

Slept in the schoolyard that night (it was around 1:00 am when I got to Vaughn), and the next morning knocked on my Grandparent's door. Grandma answered the door, asked what I was doing there, and I told her I ran away. She then asked if I was hungry and that breakfast was ready.

Spent my senior year with my Grandparents. The thing I thought was strange was the way the ride showed up, and the fact that it was going to Missoulla. That was God asking me if I was sure I wanted to run away, because when I left the foster family, I also left any chances of my going to college, which is why I joined the Navy.
The Lord works in mysterious ways has some truth to it

You know, one of the things that I've figured out is that there are no such things as coincidences. If some really unusual coincidences happen in my life, that really isn't a coincidence, because I believe that is actually God showing me that He is around and watching what I'm doing.

I've got a few of those examples in my life.

You know, one of the things that I've figured out is that there are no such things as coincidences. If some really unusual coincidences happen in my life, that really isn't a coincidence, because I believe that is actually God showing me that He is around and watching what I'm doing.

I've got a few of those examples in my life.
Me too like the guilt of feeling someone is watching me masturbate...

Only in the mind of man
Wrong.

In reality because God is reality. It's a pretty weighty thing to comprehend.

It is not something someone who follows an intellectually dead end world view can even begin to grasp.

Only in the mind of man
Wrong.

It is not something someone who follows an intellectually dead end world view can even begin to grasp.
Our job is to tease and give a story....... Their job is take it or turn their back. The latter is most common.( dust off your feet and leave)

The laws of nature or such that there is a self compensating feature.

We wouldn't expect God to leave us no way of knowing if we were doing right or rationalizing that we were doing right when we were really doing wrong. He is pruning us all. Even those that don't believe he exists.

Right, Foxfyre?

Only in the mind of man
Wrong.

Our job is to tease and give a story....... Their job is take it or turn their back. The latter is most common.( dust off your feet and leave)
I like how Matthew Kelly described it. We are supposed to be like billboards.

Does God exist?

Do not know but I do believe in a greater power and that we humans have yet to learn the reality of the Universe...

The laws of nature or such that there is a self compensating feature.

We wouldn't expect God to leave us no way of knowing if we were doing right or rationalizing that we were doing right when we were really doing wrong. He is pruning us all. Even those that don't believe he exists.

Right, Foxfyre?
God doesn't leave people but he gives an option. Some call it "free will".
You can burn your bible if you want to. Burn annmerkkkin flag or a pile of dollars and YOU'RE fucked.

Only in the mind of man
Wrong.

We just happen to have different views on reality. In my view, physics is reality and God has nothing to do with it.
Are you kidding, I love physics. The laws of nature existed before space and time, bro, and predestined that beings that know and create would eventually arise.

And then there are the moral laws which govern our behaviors albeit in a somewhat conflict and confusion process. But make no mistake man knows right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. That ought to arouse some suspicions.

UTube has numerous excellent debates on the subject. This is one of the best.

Define the god you are talking about. There are thousands. By stating the question and assuming it is the 'Christian' god you are talking about answers your own question and results in a loaded question.

That is what I call a cop out argument, bro.

Logically there is only one first cause. You are making a child's argument that since you don't know who God is you can't prove there is a God. You have it totally backwards. You first must believe that there is a higher power than man, which shouldn't be too hard of a leap to make given the nature of space and time and all that has unfolded since space and time were created. The you can figure out who God is. Different men have different perceptions of who God is, but that still has no bearing on the question at hand.

Forum List

Back