Does anyone experience ASMR?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Please, let me know. I'd love to have discussions.........

I did not know what that meant, so I Googled it...I have experienced that on rare occasions, mostly on my head. It's not uncomfortable, but for me, it's not as pleasurable as it's described for some...just a unique sensation.

I did not know what that meant, so I Googled it...I have experienced that on rare occasions, mostly on my head. It's not uncomfortable, but for me, it's not as pleasurable as it's described for some...just a unique sensation.

are you interested in exploring inducing it on purpose.....?

It sounds interesting, but I wonder what the side effect would be...such as does it cause a spike in BP??

It sounds interesting, but I wonder what the side effect would be...such as does it cause a spike in BP??

No, it's actually more-so in the relaxation realm of blood pressure, than spiking.

I can help you check it out if you want to.

It's a simple sort of guided meditation, I'd describe it like this:

The tingles you get when a foreign, soft spoken woman with an accent greets you at a day spa and explains something to you in a sophisticated manner.....it's along those lines.

But it can be induced and there are artists on youtube I could introduce you to.

I need someone to explore this with, I've never talked to anyone about it, it's too cheesey ahahah.

No, it's actually more-so in the relaxation realm of blood pressure, than spiking.

The tingles you get when a foreign, soft spoken woman with an accent greets you at a day spa and explains something to you in a sophisticated manner.....it's along those lines.

But it can be induced and there are artists on youtube I could introduce you to.

I need someone to explore this with, I've never talked to anyone about it, it's too cheesey ahahah.

My tingles would come from a foreign, deep spoken man with a Latin accent who greets me at the spa...and I really don't care what he says.:D

Sure, send me what you have and I'll check it out...but probably won't have time until the weekend.

WIKI explains ASMR as a "recently described perceptual phenomena". "Perceptual phenomena" is easy to understand but what do the words "recently described" mean? It means that it's freaking junk pop bullshit masquerading as science. Something like global warming. My guess is that Heff might have experienced ASMR right before his stroke.

Please, let me know. I'd love to have discussions.........

Absolutely terrifying if you don't know what's happening.

You might be interested in the yahoo group.

I doubt you can have a serious conversation about it here.

My tingles would come from a foreign, deep spoken man with a Latin accent who greets me at the spa...and I really don't care what he says.:D

Sure, send me what you have and I'll check it out...but probably won't have time until the weekend.

Try this, lemme know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bv4L4-psIs]ASMR ~ Binaural Ear Examination Role-play - YouTube[/ame]

So you like them short, brown and mustached?

Try this, lemme know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bv4L4-psIs]ASMR ~ Binaural Ear Examination Role-play - YouTube[/ame]

Would not work to well with the hearing impaired.

Try this, lemme know.

Would not work to well with the hearing impaired.

yea

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC8ya9OIotE]Professor Clemmons - ASMR Test Subject - Session 1 ( H.P. Lovecraft Fan Fiction ) - YouTube[/ame]

Try this, lemme know.

Will it happen rather soon into the video, or do I have to watch the entire 19 minutes? I watched for a couple minutes and imagined that I was feeling the start of something. Very mild. Perhaps when I have more time I'll watch the whole thing. I also found one that was a woman showing you books on travel. I thought that one had potential.

I'm kind of interested in this, not sure why. Except that I'm agoraphobic and can have panic attacks, and any kind of deep relaxation exercises are good for me. This seems almost like a form of meditation.

On the other hand, I'm kind of leery of some of this stuff. Ever heard of tapping? I decided to try tapping to help with my panic attacks and they seemed to get worse. Not cool at all. So I've decided that tapping can be dangerous.

But deep relaxation, or pleasant feelings...probably not bad.

Forum List

Back