Does a LGBT person have to chose between being LGBT and being Christian?

That's what I want to know.

My own religion, Catholicism, teaches that all sexual relations, except between a man and a woman who are married, not using birth control, is sinful.

So MOST sexual stuff, including masturbation and oral sex, is sinful.

That obviously includes homosexuality as well.

I would assume most other Christian denominations have similar rules.

So a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings.

However, the state of being homosexual is not sinful, it is only sinful to ACT ON IT.

The Catholic Church teaches that homosexuals are called to be abstinent.

Is that a teaching that any homosexual can accept?

Since there is no earthly one stop shop for what is Christian and what is not, it all depends on the actual Church in question.

The only being that that can answer it definitely can't be reached for comment.

Yes; everyone that chokes the chicken is going to Hell. I read that.
Not everyone who sins goes to hell. That was YOU who said that, and it was a stupid thing to say.

Perhaps you are not equipped mentally to have a serious discussion.

Based on my guess when it comes to lapsed Catholics such as myself, I have a feeling it adds a couple centuries to your stay in purgatory.

Or Judaism. Onan's sin was to defiantly deny Tamar offspring who would care for her as she aged. In other words, this child's duty would be to his mother and her family--he would have no obligation at all to be duty bound to Onan. In other words, in the future nothing could stop this child from becoming a rival of his natural father, since the child would be considered Er's heir.

You left out the fucked up part of that story where after God killed poor Onan for not wanting to fuck a woman he didn't care about, Tamar dressed up as a prostitute and fucked Judah. (This was after Judah refused to pass her off on a third son, lest God kill him for foreplay or something. Poor guy was running out of sons!) When she got knocked up, he was going to stone her ass (because God really cares about fetuses except when he doesn't.) until she demonstrated he was the father.

No small point, because that child became the ancestor of David and Jesus.

Just remember, kiddies, this is a book we all need to learn morality from.

part of that story where after God killed poor Onan for not wanting to fuck a woman he didn't care about, Tamar dressed up as a prostitute and fucked Judah. (This was after Judah refused to pass her off on a third son, lest God kill him for foreplay or something. Poor guy was running out of sons!) When she got knocked up, he was going to stone her ass (because God really cares about fetuses except when he doesn't.) until she demonstrated he was the father.

No small point, because that child became the ancestor of David and Jesus.

Just remember, kiddies, this is a book we all need to learn morality from.
Good to see you again, Joe. I could address that portion of the story as well...but the original point of the author wouldn't interest you; I've learned you are quite satisfied with points created out of modern American culture. I'll leave you to it.

My own religion, Catholicism, teaches that all sexual relations, except between a man and a woman who are married, not using birth control, is sinful.

So a Christian church that ACCEPTS homosexuals and says YOU DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE, is not being truthful to Christian teachings.

However, the state of being homosexual is not sinful, it is only sinful to ACT ON IT.

If you do not engage in homosexual acts... are you homosexual?

If I feel like I'm a vegetarian, but I eat meat constantly... am I vegetarian?

Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible. You cannot be a homosexual, and end up in Heaven.

Feelings are irrelevant. I can feel like I'm a native American..... but I'm not. So it doesn't matter what I feel.

Repent of your sins, and G-d will be good and just to forgive you.

My own religion, Catholicism, teaches that all sexual relations, except between a man and a woman who are married, not using birth control, is sinful. ...

What's wrong. No tender relation or friendship is sinful and birth control always was totally normal for Catholics and is not a sin but a normal way of family planing. An exception are some artificial methods of birth control. Love and sex in general is not a sin too. It's exactly in the opposite: it's a gift of god - very joyful. To do sex and to be married is by the way nearly the same. It means a man and a woman like to build a unity and to have a common child together. They like to be part of the wonder of life. So this question is only a question of priority and rationality and self-control. Someone should first marry and then have sex with each other. The Catholic teaching is that a remarriage is not possible. The biological analogy is that no one is able to take back the genetical information from a common child. Who is married under Catholic rules should live happily together with each other the whole life. Unfortunatelly it's not always for everyone possible to stay in such a very positive situation of life. Sometimes tragedies happen and need the best of all possible solutions. Some people want to marry again after a time of separation - but this is not possible (except the marriage was once made under wrong conditions). This all are very complex problems without fast answers. Not to forget: Still today the most people in the western world - specially the most women - think that a marriage should be forever between only two partners. Marriage is a basic for children and families and so marriage in the Catholic church is exclusively only possible with different genders: Only a man and a woman are able to marry - but this says nothing about any hetero- or homosexuality of the partners nor says this homosexuality is a sin. It's not! Every idea in this direction is just simple wrong. Homsexuality is not a sin! The sin in this context is called "homosexual behavior". That's different. Analsex for example is such a sin on very good reasons. But this "homosexual behavior" is also a sin when heterosexual partners are doing so. And homosexual men have not to do analsex too. Why to make another man to a substitution for a woman? This makes not any sense for homosexual men too.

Last edited:

You assholes in organized religions can't take away a person's right to have freedom of religion..No matter their sexual orientation....If Christ doesn't turn them away from his love you shany either...Get it ? You assholes were never given the power to persecute and turn people away from Jesus.

Again, when the Catholic Church stops molesting little boys, they can lecture to us about what is sinful. We might not even snicker when they do.

The reality is, of course, is that we all ignore rules that are in the Bible, even the most devout Christians. Whole bunch of people are going to be working today, even though the Bible Tells them not to.

More to the point, the Bible also endorses slavery, which no one today thinks is still a good thing. God wasn't changing his mind, so we changed ours.

So do you have any arguments against homosexuality that don't include 'God says it's bad" and "I think it's icky."?
It’s not the church, it’s some people who work there.

It’s the same argument Republicans have with guns.

It’s not the guns. It’s the crazies the Republican support who use them.
Exactly. Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

You assholes in organized religions can't take away a person's right to have freedom of religion..No matter their sexual orientation....If Christ doesn't turn them away from his love you shany either...Get it ? You assholes were never given the power to persecute and turn people away from Jesus.

"Loving people means approving of everything they do!!!!"

Christ loves murderers and child molesters too, and doesn't turn them away. Does that mean Christians are required to shrug their shoulders at murder and child molestation and call it "an alternative lifestyle", so that halfwits like you don't scream about "hatred and bigotry"? Or should we maybe just not value your approval in the slightest because we know you're too damned dumb and amoral to matter?

YOU assholes were never given the power to redefine Christianity and rewrite the Bible. And I KNOW you were never given the respect to instruct anyone on serving God.

Christ loves murderers and child molesters too, and doesn't turn them away. Does that mean Christians are required to shrug their shoulders at murder and child molestation and call it "an alternative lifestyle", so that halfwits like you don't scream about "hatred and bigotry"? Or should we maybe just not value your approval in the slightest because we know you're too damned dumb and amoral to matter?

YOU assholes were never given the power to redefine Christianity and rewrite the Bible. And I KNOW you were never given the respect to instruct anyone on serving God.
Maybe you need to ponder on your duality problems..

Or being alive.

We know what Republicans want to do to gays.

Mike Pence wants to hang all the gays.
Trump said so and Republicans are assured Trump never lies.

DxnJFNoWwAAlEVK.jpg

hope not , i prefer that homosexuals are guilt ridden and consumed with dread and guilt BRook .
Everyone who is aware of sin and believes in God has some awareness of guilt and dread, homosexuals aren't the only one.

But there is no other group of sinners who is asking the church to accept not only them, but the sins they commit as well.

I don't think homosexuals have a right to demand that the church accept their sin.
They can form their own denomination that is why there are so many denominations-duh. No human can stop a gay person from wanting/having a relationship with God, his Son his concubine, unless you get put on hold...

Maybe you need to ponder on your duality problems..

I think I'll go right ahead with discounting and mocking any "problems" perceived by the likes of you as hallucinations of a diseased mind and atrophied soul. Thanks for offering your utterly unsolicited and unvalued advice on how to be just like you, though. Should I ever wish to be a miserable excuse for a human being, I'll definitely look it up.

"Does a LGBT person have to chose between being LGBT and being Christian?"

Of course not, stupid question.

But a bigot with an unwarranted hatred of gay and transgender Americans must chose between being a bigot and Christian, however.

Forum List

Back